Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Old 12-20-2012, 01:04 AM
Tech Champion

Ah cool I see it now...I thought it was another company
Old 12-20-2012, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bobinmt
Help!!

My XTI is handling amazingly well with one exception, at the end of the straight we have a tight 180 corner and sometimes my car will just slide out as I enter the corner? My car is pretty much stock and were running 17.5 blinky on a very tight track. Grey low rears and chrome fronts both safety glued. I'm running 10,000 in the tubes, white side springs and white center spring and 50 front springs.
I'm using sticky finger traction compound with full treatment on the rear and about a 1/4 of the inside of the front tires. I tried a gold center spring that I thought would be softer and that didn't seem to help in fact it might have been a touch worse?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance..

Bob
As has already been suggested, I would go up on side damper fluid in this instance. Heavier fluid will make the car feel more locked in on corner entry and give you more control of the rear end. I've been running 20k lately...
Old 12-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Asphault car

What would you guys suggest for an outdoor asphault car? I was thinking the "Altered Ego" ?
Old 12-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark Stiles
As has already been suggested, I would go up on side damper fluid in this instance. Heavier fluid will make the car feel more locked in on corner entry and give you more control of the rear end. I've been running 20k lately...
I'll give that a try....

Thanks
Old 12-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Altered Ego

Dumper or Frank,

At this point if I want the Altered Ego car I need to buy the Xti along with the transverse kit and the Altered Ego chassis. Will you come out with a new kit or will people continue to have to buy three kits? Thank you!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default xti gearing

New guy here!Can any one help me out with gearing, ive got the crc spur 77tooth (the one that came with the kit) but i need to know what pinion to buy , im going to running 17.5 stock spec if that helps...

Thanks Mark
Old 12-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Depends on the track, the motor and the size of your tires. In 1/12TH scale we usually go by roll out: How far your car moves for a single revolution of the motor. 90mm to 100mm is a good ballpark starting point.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
Dumper or Frank,

At this point if I want the Altered Ego car I need to buy the Xti along with the transverse kit and the Altered Ego chassis. Will you come out with a new kit or will people continue to have to buy three kits? Thank you!
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in the new Xti. The tranverse kit is not needed when using the Altered Ego chassis. The transverse wings are incorporated in the Altered Ego chassis.

Currently, we do not have an Altered Ego full kit planned. The stock Xti continues to perform very well in stock trim. The Altered Ego geometry allows the Xti owner to change the characteristics of the car more as an optional tuning tool rather than a "must have" part.

Today at the track, we ran 3 different setups; an Altered Ego chassis with the stock rear plate (Short car), a standard Xti and a limo Xti; Stock chassis with Altered Ego rear end (Very long car). The result showed each configuration had different strengths, but in the end, all were very close. The short car won by .7 seconds, the long car turned the fasted lap and the stock Xti had the fastest top 20.

For most North American 1:12th racing, I suggest the stock Xti. If you run modified on low grip tracks, the Altered Ego setup may be to your liking. If you run stock on a tight bullring, the Altered Ego chassis with the stock rear end may feel a bit better. Any of these configs can win at any time and none of the optional configurations are absolutely needed.

Good luck and thanks again.

CRC
Old 12-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
Dumper or Frank,

I believe the only part you need for the altered ego chassis setup if you purchase the xti kit, is the Xti transverse battery tweak plate-CLN32113. If you plan on running it transversely of course.....
Old 12-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks Frank and Wiita!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
I believe the only part you need for the altered ego chassis setup if you purchase the xti kit, is the Xti transverse battery tweak plate-CLN32113. If you plan on running it transversely of course.....
Not so. With the standard XTI kit and its full inline arrangement, the side links are positioned much more inboard. With the links so much closer to the car's centerline, the battery will only fit inline. The battery won't fit transverse unless the optional chassis or the add-on side wings are fitted in order to space the side links out far enough to allow for the length of a transverse battery.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
Not so. With the standard XTI kit and its full inline arrangement, the side links are positioned much more inboard. With the links so much closer to the car's centerline, the battery will only fit inline. The battery won't fit transverse unless the optional chassis or the add-on side wings are fitted in order to space the side links out far enough to allow for the length of a transverse battery.
I'm sayin, if you run the Altered ego Chassis in the transverse style (east/west battery config) you will need the top tweak plate(the plate that holds the springs/ body posts/ tubes/ oring that holds the battery down)from The transverse kit. At least I did when building my Altered ego kit
Old 12-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
I'm sayin, if you run the Altered ego Chassis in the transverse style (east/west battery config) you will need the top tweak plate(the plate that holds the springs/ body posts/ tubes/ oring that holds the battery down)from The transverse kit. At least I did when building my Altered ego kit
Hey Wiita

How do you like the AE vers of your CRC ?
Old 12-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Well I finally got me an Xti Everything's all built and ready for racing this coming weekend. Overall I really like the layout...there isn't a whole lot of room but when you get everything right where you want it the layout can be really clean looking. The only issue I have is setting ride height on the front end is fairly cumbersome...I can see I'm going to need the optional front ride height shims for sure. Can't wait to get it on the track and turn some laps!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I need the part number for the correct front brace.

I purchased based on the CRC web site, as it is says that it will fit all 1/12th cars, the 3278 (long) and it is to short.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.