Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree145Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Old 01-01-2020, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

.045 front springs are a little soft. Most guys run the kit .050s and some go up to .055. And the purple shock spring is stiffer than most guys choose. The red kit spring seems most popular. Sometimes Iíll go up one to a green. Rarely do I ever feel any need to go as stiff as a purple.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
.045 front springs are a little soft. Most guys run the kit .050s and some go up to .055. And the purple shock spring is stiffer than most guys choose. The red kit spring seems most popular. Sometimes Iíll go up one to a green. Rarely do I ever feel any need to go as stiff as a purple.
what side tube lube are you using, Also as I look at set-up's with this car I see guys are placing shims under the main shock mount. What effect does this have on the car? Also would it be better to add the shim under the ball stud rather then under the suspension mount?
Old 01-01-2020, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
what side tube lube are you using, Also as I look at set-up's with this car I see guys are placing shims under the main shock mount. What effect does this have on the car? Also would it be better to add the shim under the ball stud rather then under the suspension mount?
shimming up the front of the spring will make the shock more level, and make the rear more stable off power. It will help a car that is over steering off throttle / entering the corner.
racer034life likes this.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

So I made some major changes to the car wednesday night and practice with the car on thursday. 0.50 shim under the shock on the post. 2mm shims on the side tubes on the outside. 7k tube lube and center spring was changed from purple to white. max track width and front springs are .50 and sides are .55. Amr light weight body. OMG the car came alive, I don't think I have ever had a smoother driving race car then that ever. Thank you all for the help. I'll be tuning this set-up more tomorrow as my first race with this car is tomorrow morning.
LonnyJ1950 likes this.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i'm curious, has anyone been introduced to going back to their diff on black carpet. we've seem to have had to do that during our last club race. my car was spinning out and i couldnt get it to stop. hindsight maybe i should have went w/ a softer side spring and possibly softer center, but at the time diff seemed like the way to go.

Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
knowing the genius you are, you've probably remedied my steering situation, but i run softer than .45 up front w/ associated red center spring
Old 01-09-2020, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

i keep a diff axle ready to go. When the carpet is cold or fresh, the diff is the way to go again.

Just have to choose a smoother line to prevent diffing out. Waaaay easier to drive. When the car is too easy to drive and diffing out in ever turn, then I switch back to a spool axle. Xray gear diff has a narrow window in the middle, but otherwise useless.

Keep in mind that the spool isn't really needed until you're diffing out. We should try the ball diffs more often. Especially in low power classes.
phatboislim likes this.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

yea i always have mine, but never really saw a use for it until this past weekend. it was a newer layout too. but diff is always easy to drive, i love driving with it...until you get your a$$ handed to you w/ a guy running a spool because he's accelerating so fast out of the corner lol. but even softening up side and center springs didnt seem to help w/ spinning out, correct?
Old 01-09-2020, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Too much shock spring and side spring made my xray spin out everywhere. Too short front arms, same thing.

On my CRC I use the thinner carbon shim under the upper front arm to lower the roll center to make the car less tippy.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok so picking up where I left off from last run with the car. I am still using the long arm frontend (.55 springs also) my CK25 which helps the car from not being so dart like. I have also made my center shock long( red spring) with 32.5 shock oil. Side tubes I have 15k but my tubes are parallel as I have raised them by 4mm on the outside. Side springs are still .55 body is still the amr 12.. Tires I have been running the somewhat tall 41.5 rear and 41.0 fronts. Lets just say this my nick name at my home track is twitch and this car doesn't do anything else but haul the mail. car is getting better and better as the weeks goes on.
also I tried the black art lola and the Bmr 2.1. I like the amr 12 the most and the bmr is a close 2nd, the lola works great but it doesn't keep the rear stable in high speed corners or fast charges from left to right.
LonnyJ1950 likes this.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey guys. I had a few people ask about my snowbirds setup.

Here she is:

Front:

.50 .25mm droop

3.2mm RH

5* blocks with 2 shims forward

39.7mm tire w/ edges glued all the way up.

-.5 camber

1* toe out

166 front width

Rear:

.50 springs just touching and tweaked dead.

Asc gold center spring

Kit oil

1.5mm pod droop

50k in one tube

Extended top plate with standard shock

172mm rear

41mm tire (canam) normally run 40mm

Battery back

Black art 09 body form CRC

lmk if I forgot something

Last edited by WIITA; 02-12-2020 at 04:04 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Whats the question? Stiffer setup than i run but ive seen people run this with success...
WIITA likes this.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phatboislim View Post
Whats the question? Stiffer setup than i run but ive seen people run this with success...
People are asking him for setup advice, following winning Snowbirds. Thats the question
WIITA and LonnyJ1950 like this.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got some tweek in the car as it wants to turn right sharper than left but I cant seem to find anything obvious. I have rebuilt the front and checked the rear at the track. Anything I've missed?
Old 02-17-2020, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
Got some tweek in the car as it wants to turn right sharper than left but I cant seem to find anything obvious. I have rebuilt the front and checked the rear at the track. Anything I've missed?
Circles L & R? If it steers 20 Degrees left and 10 right, itll do the same
WIITA likes this.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
Front droop, toe, Radio EPA settings, front camber, servo horn angle, the servo not being fully pressed up onto the floating mount. All that can induce tweak and make for a poor handling ride.

But the most common and noticeable problem I see is uneven tire diameter/gluing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.