Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree76Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Old 07-04-2018, 03:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,
I'm ordering up a CK25. This is going to be one of the first SAE cars i've owned and I am not familiar with wrench sizes. Could anybody list the nut driver and hex wrench sizes that are required to build the kit?

Thanks
Old 07-04-2018, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here’s a list of tools needed for CRC car assembly and maintenance:
.062 (1/16”) Allen wrench for most of the car’s screws
.050 Allen wrench for caster clamps, side link pinch bolts, & pinion gears
.093 (3/32) Allen wrench for rr wheel screws
#2 Phillips screwdriver for front a arm screws
3/16 nut driver for front wheel nuts (preferably deep well so it also works for installing pivot ballstuds)
11/32 nut driver for diff nut
2mm Allen wrench for camber ballstud and motor attachment screws
AngryRog likes this.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Finally got first real chance to drive. Got long way to go but gotta start somewhere.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys, is there a thread dedicated to the CK25? I have searched for one to no avail. Thanks!
Old 07-11-2018, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

this is it
Old 07-11-2018, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm starting to think that a lower center pivot is the way to go for black carpet. A full mm or two lower than it is currently mounted.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I'm starting to think that a lower center pivot is the way to go for black carpet. A full mm or two lower than it is currently mounted.
Wouldn't that mean that you would have to use a smaller pivot ball to get the football lower? If you just lower the football then the lower pod plate would also be affected.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
Wouldn't that mean that you would have to use a smaller pivot ball to get the football lower? If you just lower the football then the lower pod plate would also be affected.
I would have to cut the bottom "foot" off from the pivot ball and use a different side link ball, or use one of the old style threaded steel balls.

The reason I think this would be a good tuning choice was from my experience years ago with my first 1/12 car, a 3.2R. I used a captured ball and I remember that car had a much better mid corner feel afterwards. The sideways force of the chassis on the ball in corners will be at a lower level, which would leave more weight on the outside front and less on the outside rear and promote push. I think it would also dampen the lifting of the inside rear tire in corners or traction rolling.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would have to cut the bottom "foot" off from the pivot ball and use a different side link ball, or use one of the old style threaded steel balls.

The reason I think this would be a good tuning choice was from my experience years ago with my first 1/12 car, a 3.2R. I used a captured ball and I remember that car had a much better mid corner feel afterwards. The sideways force of the chassis on the ball in corners will be at a lower level, which would leave more weight on the outside front and less on the outside rear and promote push. I think it would also dampen the lifting of the inside rear tire in corners or traction rolling.
It's also going to feel like the car as more overall grip and it won't want to turn as well. With the locked diff this might not be an issue but without it I think you would get a pushy car. We actually raised the pivot and side links and a couple races this year but ultimately found that the stock location was best.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kave View Post
It's also going to feel like the car as more overall grip and it won't want to turn as well. With the locked diff this might not be an issue but without it I think you would get a pushy car. We actually raised the pivot and side links and a couple races this year but ultimately found that the stock location was best.
I kind of agree about the loss of steering, but its worth a try, the only expense will be a molded pivot mount that I cut down with my X/Y table and drill press cutter.
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I kind of agree about the loss of steering, but its worth a try, the only expense will be a molded pivot mount that I cut down with my X/Y table and drill press cutter.
I think you’re sniffing too much sauce. The car handles fine stock. It has won many premier races with little to no changes. What are you trying to accomplish or what problems are you having?