Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blakesrc
Hey guys, having a little issue with my new to me xti alter ego. On black carpet the rear of the car is just glued to the track and I'd like to free it up a bit. It feels like I'm just scrubbing speed quite a bit in the corners. I've been using ulti medium tires but the track will be switching to purple specs shortly, I was told they are a bit softer than the ultis so I'd imagine thats going to make the issue a little worse. I am running white side springs, 30k tube lube, red center spring with 30 wt oil. Any suggestions? - Thanks
What Body? Also how big are your tires?
Old 01-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Race19s
What Body? Also how big are your tires?
Bmr 12.1 and I've been running my tires at 40-41mm
Old 01-18-2018, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Bmr 12.1 and I've been running my tires at 40-41mm
Do you have any others? An easy fix is a body swap(if you have them), so you can determine if its an aero thing, or a setup thing. Strakka or the CRC Lola would free up the back if its aero tight. The other thing I would for sure do is get an AE Blue or Gold center spring. The CRC stock red is pretty soft.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys, having a little issue with my new to me xti alter ego. On black carpet the rear of the car is just glued to the track and I'd like to free it up a bit. It feels like I'm just scrubbing speed quite a bit in the corners. I've been using ulti medium tires but the track will be switching to purple specs shortly, I was told they are a bit softer than the ultis so I'd imagine thats going to make the issue a little worse. I am running white side springs, 30k tube lube, red center spring with 30 wt oil. Any suggestions? - Thanks
Your shock and side spring choices are good. Tube lube could be a little thick however. For me, 15K typically works best under nearly all track conditions. Easy way to find out.......run some laps with your 30k to get a feel of the car, then make a quick pitstop and pop off just one of the tubes, and run a few more laps with just one tube connected. If the car improves, that's proof that your tube lube is too thick. And if not, then something else is causing your issue. Another thing......on black carpet guys at our track have been running full or almost full front sauce. In times past, running that much sauce on the front tires was completely taboo. But nowadays with the black carpet it often works well. And if you decide to try full front sauce, make sure that your sidewalls are glued and don't let the sauce soak for more than a minute or two. Hopefully one (or maybe both) of these suggestions helps.
Antimullet likes this.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If I run too soft of rear tires my car does the same thing. lots of great traction and control, but slow in both feel and reality compared to other cars. Harder rear tires free up the car and make it feel faster. My carpet and conditions are different than yours but for example running Jaco White rears which are the softest produce that same problem while running the Yellows is much faster.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vafactor
Your shock and side spring choices are good. Tube lube could be a little thick however. For me, 15K typically works best under nearly all track conditions. Easy way to find out.......run some laps with your 30k to get a feel of the car, then make a quick pitstop and pop off just one of the tubes, and run a few more laps with just one tube connected. If the car improves, that's proof that your tube lube is too thick. And if not, then something else is causing your issue. Another thing......on black carpet guys at our track have been running full or almost full front sauce. In times past, running that much sauce on the front tires was completely taboo. But nowadays with the black carpet it often works well. And if you decide to try full front sauce, make sure that your sidewalls are glued and don't let the sauce soak for more than a minute or two. Hopefully one (or maybe both) of these suggestions helps.
Thanks for the info Vafactor, I actually have tried 5k as well and the rear is still planted on entrance, mid and exit. Since I am going to be stuck using purple spec tires, can anyone confirm race19s suggestion, would a different body free up the car?
Old 01-19-2018, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Vafactor, I actually have tried 5k as well and the rear is still planted on entrance, mid and exit. Since I am going to be stuck using purple spec tires, can anyone confirm race19s suggestion, would a different body free up the car?
In my opinion, "free up the car" on spec tires usually means less efficiency. Your issue with scrubbing speed in corners can usually be remedied by front end tuning, usually by a combination of softer front springs, trying a few different combinations of caster/reactive caster or camber/reactive camber. A lot of the time having the back "follow the front" instead of pivoting on the nose allows more aggression and better lap times.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i don't race carpet, (asphalt med traction), the BMR if your track has med to high traction in a 17.5 spec class imo....is too much. in spec rear end is too planted, and you get twitching on rear sorta a grab then give thru the turns which fights your front end. AMR is a good inbetween choice, the strakka and lola are slicker (less downforce/drag) and faster
Old 01-21-2018, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a couple of questions. The first one is what is the tube lube that comes with the kit? It came in a little packet and seems to work well but doesn't look like 10k.

The second question. Is there a way to remove the cells without popping off the shock each time? I have always done it that way but it creates extra wear in the shock ball cups

Cheers
Old 01-21-2018, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tim fry
I have a couple of questions. The first one is what is the tube lube that comes with the kit? It came in a little packet and seems to work well but doesn't look like 10k.

The second question. Is there a way to remove the cells without popping off the shock each time? I have always done it that way but it creates extra wear in the shock ball cups

Cheers
If this is for the new CK25 kit I think that is 20k for the tubes that comes standard.

One thing that I have done so that I don't have to take the shock off is to either run the long shock adaptor and add a shim or two under both the front and read of the shock under the ball end.

Jon
davidl likes this.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Subscribed
Old 01-22-2018, 04:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Juniorabca
If this is for the new CK25 kit I think that is 20k for the tubes that comes standard.

One thing that I have done so that I don't have to take the shock off is to either run the long shock adaptor and add a shim or two under both the front and read of the shock under the ball end.

Jon
It seems lighter than 20k but that is just my gut feeling. I like the idea of the spacers under the ball but doesn't that affect the way the shock performs giving less steering as the angle has changed?
Old 01-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

i think 10k is kit

Question: How often do you guys replace the 'football' center pivot plastic pieces?
Old 01-22-2018, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry

Cheers
The little packet should be the diff grease, the tube lube comes in a white tube. the sticker on the side should be checked with what weight is in the tube
Old 01-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by big_ads
The little packet should be the diff grease, the tube lube comes in a white tube. the sticker on the side should be checked with what weight is in the tube
That's what I got in my xti kit but in my CK25 kit I got two packets of lube

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.