Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Shock o ring

I bought a new encore shock to make tuning at the track easier. Even though I lubed the shaft and went slowly I still managed to tear the o ring. Does anybody sell just the o rings? Are they the same as associated?
Old 03-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmintimidator
I bought a new encore shock to make tuning at the track easier. Even though I lubed the shaft and went slowly I still managed to tear the o ring. Does anybody sell just the o rings? Are they the same as associated?
gm,

Click on link below for the part info.

Calandra Racing Concepts Inc.

Would not surprise me at all that CRC would just mail you one. Good guys there. Or, PM me your address; and, I will mail one from my spares on Monday.

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 03-11-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Still Bill
gm,

Click on link below for the part info.

Calandra Racing Concepts Inc.

Would not surprise me at all that CRC would just mail you one. Good guys there. Or, PM me your address; and, I will mail one from my spares on Monday.

Bill
Thanks for the offer. I've been mail ordering my parts out of the states or the west coast. I was hoping to be able to get some locally so I have spares in the future. They don't stock crc but carry associated.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone had any issues with the new duel clamping hub?
Mine doesn't seem true so my left wheel wobbles now..
Old 03-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Crc

What servo is the new Crc aluminum chassis drilled for?
Old 03-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
What servo is the new Crc aluminum chassis drilled for?
The Airtronics/Sanwa micro servo, same as the carbon chassis. Other servos can be ran with only one mounting post.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry
Make sure your clamping screws are going in the opposite direction otherwise it will not be true. Both screws cannot be on the same side of the hub.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry
Yes, what 2kidsrogers says above may be it.

Otherwise, speaking from my experience with the dual clamping left hub used on my CRC WGT/WGT-R cars...I found that it was best to tighten them up a little at a time and alternate back and forth between the two screws to achieve an even amount of tension to grip the axle. Thinking that this may apply to your 1/12th scale hub too.

Because Dumper (Brian Wynn) has not chimed in yet. He may have more input. Or, contact him directly at CRC ([email protected]).

Hope this helps!

Bill
Old 03-13-2017, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default Gray carpet setup

Anyone have a good gray old carpet setup? Kave posted a setup for black carpet, so I'm not sure how much of that I can apply. I assume I have a lot less traction.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone have a good gray old carpet setup? Kave posted a setup for black carpet, so I'm not sure how much of that I can apply. I assume I have a lot less traction.
It's not a LOT less traction, but maybe a bit.

Have you raced much 1/12? This class, more than probably any other, is a case of trying to start with the kit setup and find what you can drive well. Tires are the most important, I would start with a set of CRC blue rear and double blue front or Ulti X-medium rear and X-hard front. Cut them to 41mm front, 41.5 rear, set ride height, and with just the kit setup it should work fairly well.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DesertRat
It's not a LOT less traction, but maybe a bit.

Have you raced much 1/12? This class, more than probably any other, is a case of trying to start with the kit setup and find what you can drive well. Tires are the most important, I would start with a set of CRC blue rear and double blue front or Ulti X-medium rear and X-hard front. Cut them to 41mm front, 41.5 rear, set ride height, and with just the kit setup it should work fairly well.
Thanks for the info. I wondered if there was an updated setup versus the stock one.

It's been a few years. I've been running about 2 months now. Lap times are getting pretty consistent. I was trying to use up older tires but it's not working out. Car is faster and cuts better on purple specs (only tire stocked at the track). Class is 17.5 blinky
Old 03-14-2017, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i just ran on gray carpet this weekend, only thing i changed was running unglued tires and bumped up the side tube lube to 20k

also running a stiffened carbon chassis seeing how i like it versus the AL i was running.

Spec Tires at 41.5 all the way around
3.5mm RH all the way around

.45 front springs (looking to stiffen this up on high grip carpet to .50 soon)
2 shims back
5* caster block

40wt center shock oil
Associated gold center spring
1mm pod droop
.50 side springs
20k side lube

the track i ended up running on 72/56 on 41.5 tires w/ a one model old team scream racing The One 17.5. 15* on the can

i ran full sauce front and rear. best sauce timing about 15 minutes.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Car is faster and cuts better on purple specs (only tire stocked at the track). Class is 17.5 blinky
I wish our track would use the purple stripes as the only tire in 17.5 blinky 1/12. I'm so tired of buying different tires to try, just to have a bunch of tires I cant use and a bunch of money spent. Our track has gray "office" type carpet. We run offroad on the same track so the carpet needs to be tougher. I would call traction medium low to start and gets better throughout the day. For a setup I use the .45 side springs, .60 front springs, green center spring, 30 wt shock oil, 15k side lube, 1mm pod droop, .5 mm front droop. Right now I am changing the front end to the 0* blocks (was 5*) with two shims forward (was 2 shims back) to see if I can get rid of some mid corner oversteer. I always have too much steering and never enough rear grip. Tires I like are the Black fronts with Yellow rears or Contact 35 front and 28 rear. I just bought some softer rear tires to try. Probably another waste of money though. I'd rather concentrate on setup rather than tire selection would love it if the track would spec the purple stripes or some other combo.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussF
I wish our track would use the purple stripes as the only tire in 17.5 blinky 1/12. I'm so tired of buying different tires to try, just to have a bunch of tires I cant use and a bunch of money spent. Our track has gray "office" type carpet. We run offroad on the same track so the carpet needs to be tougher. I would call traction medium low to start and gets better throughout the day. For a setup I use the .45 side springs, .60 front springs, green center spring, 30 wt shock oil, 15k side lube, 1mm pod droop, .5 mm front droop. Right now I am changing the front end to the 0* blocks (was 5*) with two shims forward (was 2 shims back) to see if I can get rid of some mid corner oversteer. I always have too much steering and never enough rear grip. Tires I like are the Black fronts with Yellow rears or Contact 35 front and 28 rear. I just bought some softer rear tires to try. Probably another waste of money though. I'd rather concentrate on setup rather than tire selection would love it if the track would spec the purple stripes or some other combo.
Green Rear/Blu Front will solve your problem. I'd soften your front springs also.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the setups. I will give these a try. Trying to run down some xrays. I'm in the minority running CRC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.