Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree145Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Old 12-24-2016, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
This is per Dumper to me a couple years ago. He and Frank C have that as the standard shock oil for all CRC 12th/10th cars.
I thought it was, just looking for confirmation. I have 2 12th and 2 10th scales of theirs, love them all. Just limited info of this kind to be had...
Old 12-30-2016, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I received my box of new 1/12 scale stuff from CRC and their new pods are the real deal. I had problems with my old Xti Sliders getting enough clearance, almost always running them jammed against the low side of the pod, but the new ones have all the ground clearance in the world to run the tiny tires we so often need in 1/12. Good job, CRC.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks to those who responded to my question about servo choice. As one fellow mentioned, I could use a Futaba S9650 servo on this car if I mount it behind the front axles. Can anyone else confirm this? If this is the case this would make my purchase decision easier since I already own this servo. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Also, if I were to run this car in Blinky 17.5, which of the two speed controls I own would be better suited for this car? Castle Mamba 1s or Tekin RS Pro?
Old 01-02-2017, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Outlaw 44 View Post
Thanks to those who responded to my question about servo choice. As one fellow mentioned, I could use a Futaba S9650 servo on this car if I mount it behind the front axles. Can anyone else confirm this? If this is the case this would make my purchase decision easier since I already own this servo. Thanks!
Originally Posted by Outlaw 44 View Post
Also, if I were to run this car in Blinky 17.5, which of the two speed controls I own would be better suited for this car? Castle Mamba 1s or Tekin RS Pro?
Tekin with a booster would be your best speed control choice. As for 9650 it will work but you may not have any holes that quite line up to bolt it down but you can always just shoe goo it in place.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

im pretty sure the F9650 and jr 3650 will fit in the rear most position for this car but you might only be able to use one servo mount and shoegoo. honestly, for the price of the airtronics 94761 I would just get it and give yourself all the room to adjust weight balance and stuff. particularly if you have to add caps and all that. im pretty sure i got my servo for under $100 cdn so usd should be pretty good. I still run it in 13.5 despite owning a srg-hr, that stays in my mod car.
you should definitely give the car a long look. this car just tears up stock racing. id be partial to the tekin as well as its super light but maybe have a look at whatelse is out there. particularly 1s capable escs out of the box. i dont think ive ever seen anyone run castle stuff in onroad.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
Hey Sean,

Just a little setup tip. Where the steering links connect to the servo saver they should be perfectly straight or slightly forward. At the moment the links are pointing to the rear of the car which isn't ideal. You might have to fiddle around with the servo position and servo saver to achieve this.

Good luck and happy racing!
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
You'll also reduce the effects of slop in the servo bearings/output shaft if the balls are on the other side of the servo saver (the side closest to the servo).
Thanks guys, I'll have another look at it. The instructions indeed show the balls facing forward but it also shows a regular size servo. With this little servo I managed to use at least one of the original servo mounts but if I flip the balls I will have to drill a few new holes to move the mounts back a bit. One of them might end up too close or interfering with the servo saver cut-out.

Sean
Old 01-08-2017, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer View Post
Thanks guys, I'll have another look at it. The instructions indeed show the balls facing forward but it also shows a regular size servo. With this little servo I managed to use at least one of the original servo mounts but if I flip the balls I will have to drill a few new holes to move the mounts back a bit. One of them might end up too close or interfering with the servo saver cut-out.

Sean
It looks as if you should be able to improve your tierod angle by moving the pivot balls to the servo side of the servo saver and adding a spacer between the servo mount and the servo......to position the servo a couple of mm farther back in the car so that the tierods will just clear the caster blocks. It is preferable to have the tierods swept back slightly rather than forward as shown in your posted photo.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Sean
What servo is that please?
Old 01-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juniorabca View Post
Post # 2087

I'm still running a Turnigy TGY-212DMH. It has been in the car since new and has never been replaced. It's been hammered a bit but is holding up. It isn't as powerful as some of the other options but it is stronger than my servo saver and it's lightning quick. It also uses a regular size Futaba 25 spline drive.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
It looks as if you should be able to improve your tierod angle by moving the pivot balls to the servo side of the servo saver and adding a spacer between the servo mount and the servo......to position the servo a couple of mm farther back in the car so that the tierods will just clear the caster blocks. It is preferable to have the tierods swept back slightly rather than forward as shown in your posted photo.
I most probably not fast enough to notice any difference either way but I will try and move things around.

Thanks again.

Sean
Old 01-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Juniorabca View Post
1/8 IC Fan beat me to it.

Working on a little video to show just how fast it is. Hopefully post it tonight.

Sean
Old 01-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

And here it is...

https://youtu.be/MiCv9tUceYs

My embed-fu doesn't seem to be working tonight.

Sean
Old 01-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

And here it is...

https://youtu.be/MiCv9tUceYs

My embed-fu doesn't seem to be working tonight.

Sean
Nice video.
You mentioned during the video, you changed profiles and the servo was alot faster.
What did you change between profiles?
Old 01-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fredp1 View Post
Nice video.
You mentioned during the video, you changed profiles and the servo was alot faster.
What did you change between profiles?
Thanks.

It's a setting on my radio so yours may or may not have that feature. My Futaba 4PL can store the settings for 40 different models. I can go in the advanced settings for "Steering" and adjust the speed of "Turn" and "Return" of the servo independently. For my XTi I have them both set at 75% and the Expo for the steering is at +70 so that my initial wheel movements are tamed down. When I switched to the second profile in the video that one was 100% speed on both turn and return and the Expo was set to 0 or linear. Also the EPA wasn't set for that second profile and the servo was slamming against the stops which is bad for the servo but I did that for effect. You can actually see the servo moving as it fights against the one mount and the double-sided tape that holds it.

Sean

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.