Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree145Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Old 12-22-2016, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phatboislim View Post
i would certainly hope that this is standard in their WC kits now as they get rid of their current (or i guess you could say past) kits
From what I hear it will be an option part for now.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Outlaw 44 View Post
I have a question, what is everyone running for servos on the CRC XTI WC?
I'm still running a Turnigy TGY-212DMH. It has been in the car since new and has never been replaced. It's been hammered a bit but is holding up. It isn't as powerful as some of the other options but it is stronger than my servo saver and it's lightning quick. It also uses a regular size Futaba 25 spline drive.

Sean
Old 12-22-2016, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
From what I hear it will be an option part for now.
kinda sucks for newbies. its probably an option until they sell all the original WC kits they have in stock..maybe
Old 12-23-2016, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

kinda sucks for newbies. its probably an option until they sell all the original WC kits they have in stock..maybe
It sucks yeah but from business stand point makes more money. Don't have to change kit production and then make another 70 bucks if you want different pod
Old 12-23-2016, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Why should a "newbie" even be worried about this part?

This is what's wrong with this hobby. The new guy comes into it worried about every hop up they see or motor of the month, battery of the month and so on. Instead of just learning how to use what they have already and get the most out of that before buying hop ups.

What a "newbie" should be worried about, before do they need a new pod. Is can they run consistent laps with out wrecking. Do they understand basic car set up and what to change there first.

Practice,practice practice will make you a better racer than what hop up and motor is everyone using.

I see and hear guys that can't tell you what caster,camber or Droop do for their car. But they know which motor companies new motor is "thermal epoxied" and which one has ceramic bearings and aluminum timing rings. Makes me lol when I hear these ppl talk.
AsphaltFlyer likes this.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme View Post

This is what's wrong with this hobby. The new guy comes into it worried about every hop up they see or motor of the month, battery of the month and so on. Instead of just learning how to use what they have already and get the most out of that before buying hop ups.

What a "newbie" should be worried about, before do they need a new pod. Is can they run consistent laps with out wrecking. Do they understand basic car set up and what to change there first.

Practice,practice practice will make you a better racer than what hop up and motor is everyone using.

I see and hear guys that can't tell you what caster,camber or Droop do for their car. But they know which motor companies new motor is "thermal epoxied" and which one has ceramic bearings and aluminum timing rings. Makes me lol when I hear these ppl talk.
Truth.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme View Post

Emphatically agree. This is the hardest thing to convince any new driver at our track. It is like they don't want to learn how to race. They already know and are only 12 years away from 12 consecutive World Championships. Getting past this point and more acceptance to learning from new drivers is the fastest way to getting more people involved and building a lasting competition.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer View Post
I'm still running a Turnigy TGY-212DMH. It has been in the car since new and has never been replaced. It's been hammered a bit but is holding up. It isn't as powerful as some of the other options but it is stronger than my servo saver and it's lightning quick. It also uses a regular size Futaba 25 spline drive.

Sean
Hey Sean,

Just a little setup tip. Where the steering links connect to the servo saver they should be perfectly straight or slightly forward. At the moment the links are pointing to the rear of the car which isn't ideal. You might have to fiddle around with the servo position and servo saver to achieve this.

Good luck and happy racing!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
Hey Sean,

Just a little setup tip. Where the steering links connect to the servo saver they should be perfectly straight or slightly forward. At the moment the links are pointing to the rear of the car which isn't ideal. You might have to fiddle around with the servo position and servo saver to achieve this.

Good luck and happy racing!
You'll also reduce the effects of slop in the servo bearings/output shaft if the balls are on the other side of the servo saver (the side closest to the servo).

I was also quite happy with the TGY-212DMH. I'm thinking I may get another!
Old 12-24-2016, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have to recommend getting a nice tall plastic spacer for a bump stop in your shocks when assembling them. I had assembled my shocks without any sort of bump stop before and they felt a little flimsy, where you could take the shock shaft and flex it back and forth at full extension a lot more than I liked. I re-assembled all of my shocks with a plastic limiter (it doesn't need to fit the shaft closely, mine came out of an Associated offroad shock kit) and they feel considerably better.

One other thing I found is that if when re-assembling shocks is that the silicone washers swell and when you re-assemble the bottom seal they can cause it to stick and restrict that sweet sweet friction-free shock motion. So if you have this problem when re-using the o-rings get some fine sand paper and sand the black plastic shaft guide where it contacts the silicone o-ring, then you will be able to tighten the bottom cap without pinching the o-ring and making it grip the shock shaft so tightly.

Another tip, write what shock oil you put in the shocks somewhere on them with a nice permanent marker. Alternatively, if you use the Losi dyed silicone oil like I do you can find out what oil you were running when you do a rebuild.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

One thing I learned from my time in paintball and airsoft...the chemicals you use to clean the shock or the shock oil itself may be what is causing your O-rings to swell. If the oil isn't pure silicon the other additives may be affecting the O-rings. Same with any grease you use to pack the O-ring. Most use green slime...since it is pretty much universally accepted I would guess green slime doesn't cause swell. Just to be safe I use Dow33 which I used with my paintball marker. The tolerances were so tight in that marker that any swelling would jam it up. Most other markers used Dow55 which does cause the O-rings to swell.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

What weight/cst oil comes in the kit? I have 4 CRC and none of the instructions list it...
Old 12-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blankenj99 View Post
What weight/cst oil comes in the kit? I have 4 CRC and none of the instructions list it...
30 wt.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
30 wt.
Thanks
Old 12-24-2016, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This is per Dumper to me a couple years ago. He and Frank C have that as the standard shock oil for all CRC 12th/10th cars.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.