Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
Damn. Wish i had known that as i literally just replaced a clamping hub.
So, buy the new hub and sell your just purchased hub to someone with a Speedmerchant.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by davidl
IRS axles available from Mudslide. Barry Hill now owns IRS. These axles still use the longer stud with 8x32 threads.
I will look at his site. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jon
Old 10-31-2016, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Two questions regarding center shock mounting at big races or anywhere with the new carpet.

1) Are any of you changing the mounting of the shock to a flatter angle? Looking at other brands, they have very flat angles for their shocks.

2) Are any of you running 0 degree caster blocks? I have seen that once, but are more of you doing that?

It is acceptable and encouraged that Mitch W., John W., and Slapmaster jump in here.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Two questions regarding center shock mounting at big races or anywhere with the new carpet.

1) Are any of you changing the mounting of the shock to a flatter angle? Looking at other brands, they have very flat angles for their shocks.

2) Are any of you running 0 degree caster blocks? I have seen that once, but are more of you doing that?

It is acceptable and encouraged that Mitch W., John W., and Slapmaster jump in here.
I'll respond in the AM with detailed answers.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper

There is a new clamping left side hub. It is a double clamper and spins perfectly true. This thing works great. Part #3331 is available right now. When you put one on, double check your spacing as the offset is different.
I have been unable to find either the parts or the part number, can someone provide a link?
Old 11-01-2016, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

No, I have a 2mm spacer on the top plate and a 1.5mm on the antenna mount just to clear the battery. I'm running what amounts to the crc green center spring and the shock is as short as possible (stock). I could see changing the lengths of the shock for 13.5 or mod but not stock IMO.

I always run the 5* blocks with 2 shims forward.

Lmk is you have any other questions.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

1) Basically what Wiita said. We are raising both the front and the back an equal amount just to provide more clearance under the battery, I rather enjoy being able to take my battery in and out without having to remove the shock.

As to your question about other brands, a flatter shock angle and a longer shock can have its benefits at time. A flatter shock is going to provide a more progressive feel where the more the shock compresses the softer the compression actually gets. I think this is a preferable feel in Mod where you are trying to make the car more drivable and smoother. However, in Stock and 13.5 it isn't preferable. In fact, many of the other cars actually work to get more angle in their shock when they switch to Stock. The CRC shock angle provides a super linear feel throughout the entire shock motion.

2) We ran 0degree blocks on our mod cars at IIC and the setup that Andrew Knapp won on used 0degree blocks. However, this is something we really only do on mod as it takes away steering and again, much like the shock angle, smooths the car out. In Stock I don't see the 0degree blocks as being something you would want to do. I do believe at times Mitch W. has ran 0s but then he turns his steering DR up to compensate for the loss of steering.

My suggestion on this is just run the 5degree blocks and save yourself a lot of hassle.

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I have been unable to find either the parts or the part number, can someone provide a link?
I spoke with Brian Wynn and he said that Frank is in the process of adding new parts to the website now. Expect that to happen pretty soon.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WIITA
No, I have a 2mm spacer on the top plate and a 1.5mm on the antenna mount just to clear the battery. I'm running what amounts to the crc green center spring and the shock is as short as possible (stock). I could see changing the lengths of the shock for 13.5 or mod but not stock IMO.

I always run the 5* blocks with 2 shims forward.

Lmk is you have any other questions.
John, thank you very much for your reply. Great to hear what you are doing with your car. Anything about your thought process for these setups is valuable information for all drivers that are serious about advancing their skills and speed. My hope is that there will be growth in onroad RC racing and things like this can be instrumental. It is time for American drivers to challenge in the world stage of onroad just as in offroad. It needs to start in stock and can move into modified over time. But starting this in stock is essential to get the right drivers involved and prepared.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

anyone using a different bladder in their shock? kind of hard to set rebound with that bladder, personally
Old 11-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Yes

John, thank you very much for your reply. Great to hear what you are doing with your car. Anything about your thought process for these setups is valuable information for all drivers that are serious about advancing their skills and speed. My hope is that there will be growth in onroad RC racing and things like this can be instrumental. It is time for American drivers to challenge in the world stage of onroad just as in offroad. It needs to start in stock and can move into modified over time. But starting this in stock is essential to get the right drivers involved and prepared.
+1000
Old 11-09-2016, 10:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Witta, what steering servo you use in the HC cars? Thanks in advance
Old 11-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by martymiller
Witta, what steering servo you use in the HC cars? Thanks in advance
Sanwa srg-hr with the xray servo saver

You can purchase them here:

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...&cat=57&page=1
Old 11-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

thanks for all the great info guys. getting to put it down on 360v2 tmrr for first time
can someone repost the link to converting the x10 to the new car. if this goes well im going to pick up the 1/10 as my shop has one collecting dust
Old 11-14-2016, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrz93
thanks for all the great info guys. getting to put it down on 360v2 tmrr for first time
can someone repost the link to converting the x10 to the new car. if this goes well im going to pick up the 1/10 as my shop has one collecting dust
NOT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT...After extensive testing with 17.5 and 13.5 motors, I would buy the new Gen X 10 R/T kit as opposed to buying an SE and converting it. Got my R/T to a new level this week that I could not equal with my SE conversion. SE conversion was equal at the IIC last month; but, no longer.

Bill
Old 11-17-2016, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Will the pro strut front end fit on a 12r5.2? Do you think there would be an advantage to using it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.