Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Old 10-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Got a new bearing coming and got a new cone washer. Just how tight should the diff be? Should i be able to move the spur or should it be locked down? The only other pan car i had was a RC10L, yes that long ago. By the way i got tired of trying to remember how to calculate roll out and just built a calculator. Let me know if anyone wants a copy
New bearing completely fixed the grittiness of the diff. Might need to pick up an older axle so i can get a thrust bearing.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
Not sure why CRC would even need to release a new version car considering that Andrew Knapp just swept all of the 1/12th scale classes in Vegas with their existing platform. This with many of the most talented drivers from all around the globe in attendance, so his dominance was certainly no fluke. Oddly, I've not yet seen the usual victory photos and/or setups posted from Andrew's winning ride(s), but I do recall reading somewhere that he was actually running standard graphite chassis plates and not the optional alloy that many consider so advantageous for running on the new black carpet.
i saw that as well, but i know how old the WC chassis is i know they've had to had some new developments. i know the WC is still highly competitive right now, but i'd like to see something new. i'm plotting on a new 12th scale chassis next year and if i dont hear of anything from CRC i think i'm going Roche

Originally Posted by big_ads
There was a prototype ran at the worlds and they were working with it in Vegas as well. No real word of when it will be released though. The current platform is still very competitive.
very interesting to hear more on this
Old 10-18-2016, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Last edited by Josh Keller; 10-24-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default For sale xti altered ego

Car is bout 2 months old and needs a little tlc,chassis is in fine shape,no cracks or splinters,needs new tweak plate and center shock mount,not putting more money into it,bought a serpent,this needs to go.Comes with savox sh-1250 servo and has some spares as well,ride shims and a set of green and white center shocks springs with a sides springs from 45-55 and 45-50 front springs.
Two upper arm and steering block and new ball cups.
Done racing for awhile,work is to busy,asking $100,Car is box stock.pm for more info Thanks for lookin now on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crc-Altered-...MAAOSwA3dYF2hu needs nothing like new
Attached Thumbnails Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!-1018162219.jpg  

Last edited by X marksthespot; 10-31-2016 at 09:13 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 10-21-2016, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hope that the updated pod seen in Andrew Knapp's car will be available as a retrofit. I am thinking about putting one behind the Xi chassis I still run in some classes,
Old 10-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Jon, about a year ago CRC made a running change to their 12th scale axle. The axle from F-1 and 12th are the same and use a shorter 4mm thread stud. There is not enough thread stud to install my thrust bearing and to get enough into the nylock of the nut. In short, there is no way to install my Slapmaster thrust kit on the 4mm stud axle.

If you have the older 8-32 stud axle, you can install a thrust kit. If you use 1/8" diff balls, use the #101 kit. If you use 3/32" or 2.5mm diff balls, use the #120 kit.

Brian
Thanks Brian. This is what I have come to learn.. If I can still get one of the older axles I would be using my slapmaster bearing for sure. I might just try doing that though as I loved how smooth the diff was..

Jon
Old 10-22-2016, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Juniorabca
Thanks Brian. This is what I have come to learn.. If I can still get one of the older axles I would be using my slapmaster bearing for sure. I might just try doing that though as I loved how smooth the diff was..

Jon
Ask Dale or Skwarok next weekend if they have a spare laying around. Dale had a few random parts he sold me when I started to get a car together.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ColinH
Ask Dale or Skwarok next weekend if they have a spare laying around. Dale had a few random parts he sold me when I started to get a car together.
Thanks Colin I will talk to them..
Old 10-23-2016, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

After playing with a friends xray this weekend, it would be nice if the axle, hub and slider pod fit together in such a way that killing a rear bearing wasnt the immediate end of your spur lol. He broke his xray in the first minute but still finished 8 minutes with it.. Meanwhile ill cut the sweeper a little tight and graze something and race over.

Got to try 6.5 on black carpet. Took my 13.5 car tires and body and just swapped to and 88t axle and 6.5 motor. Not bad. Miss the rip of 4.0 but pretty fun.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
After playing with a friends xray this weekend, it would be nice if the axle, hub and slider pod fit together in such a way that killing a rear bearing wasnt the immediate end of your spur lol. He broke his xray in the first minute but still finished 8 minutes with it.. Meanwhile ill cut the sweeper a little tight and graze something and race over.

Got to try 6.5 on black carpet. Took my 13.5 car tires and body and just swapped to and 88t axle and 6.5 motor. Not bad. Miss the rip of 4.0 but pretty fun.
So some of the bearing issue on the slider pod depends on where you put the shims and axle spacers. I used to go through bearings constantly but now I put the axle shims next to the bearing and the red aluminum spacers on the outside of the shim. It seems that the red spacers are just the right diameter to punch out the inside race of the bearing. If you put an axle shim in between the spacer and the bearing it will keep this from happening. Haven't blown a bearing out that way since I switched.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Ill have to try that. punching out bearings is my only issue with this car. Otherwise i havent broke anything on it in 2 years. After seeing andrews car at iic i wonder if i even need some of the option parts now. I run the upper arm shims and brace in my 13.5 car but maybe i dont need to. More testing to do for sure. And figure out what tires for open class. Im told pinks but maybe blues work too. After the magenta green days ive gone off mixing compounds when possible. The spec tires have been quite good.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juniorabca

Jon
IRS axles available from Mudslide. Barry Hill now owns IRS. These axles still use the longer stud with 8x32 threads.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have been playing with some new parts. There has not been a decision on whether or not this will turn into an entirely brand new car or not. So here is the deal:

There is a new clamping left side hub. It is a double clamper and spins perfectly true. This thing works great. Part #3331 is available right now. When you put one on, double check your spacing as the offset is different.

The new pod plates lower the center of gravity and will also allow you to get close to 5mm of ride height on rims. We are close to finalizing these, and are wrapping up the details. They will bolt on any car that is currently using a slider pod. I will let everyone know more as we get closer to releasing these.

As for the chassis, we are still playing with stuff. The WC is still winning races as you all can see. It is an awesome car, so anything new we come out with will have to be better. So we want everything to be spot on before we replace it. We are always tinkering with stuff, but we don't always show it in public. Yes Andrew Knapp won 13.5 with new stuff in Vegas, he also won 17.5 and 6.5 Mod with stock WC stuff.

So keep racing and winning with those WC cars, and we will keep trying to make them better.

See you guys at the races.

Brian Wynn

Team CRC
Old 10-25-2016, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
We have been playing with some new parts. There has not been a decision on whether or not this will turn into an entirely brand new car or not. So here is the deal:

There is a new clamping left side hub. It is a double clamper and spins perfectly true. This thing works great. Part #3331 is available right now. When you put one on, double check your spacing as the offset is different.

The new pod plates lower the center of gravity and will also allow you to get close to 5mm of ride height on rims. We are close to finalizing these, and are wrapping up the details. They will bolt on any car that is currently using a slider pod. I will let everyone know more as we get closer to releasing these.

As for the chassis, we are still playing with stuff. The WC is still winning races as you all can see. It is an awesome car, so anything new we come out with will have to be better. So we want everything to be spot on before we replace it. We are always tinkering with stuff, but we don't always show it in public. Yes Andrew Knapp won 13.5 with new stuff in Vegas, he also won 17.5 and 6.5 Mod with stock WC stuff.

So keep racing and winning with those WC cars, and we will keep trying to make them better.

See you guys at the races.

Brian Wynn

Team CRC
Having been able to see and try some of the new parts I can say they are nice improvements!

The new hub is wonderful, if you spin the old hub on an axle you can feel vibration from the slight off-balance. However, with the new hub it spins perfectly true. The new pods also address some issue people have had with ride height on smaller tires, overall A+ products by CRC as always.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Damn. Wish i had known that as i literally just replaced a clamping hub.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.