Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Old 10-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by X marksthespot
If hes running the crc spur with the 3/32 balls try a spur with 1/8 balls,might be why the clearance is tight.
Use 2.5 mm balls in CRC spur gears (#1227), they "pop" in and stay in. The diff builds excellent and is WAY lighter than 1/8" balls. Spinning weight reduction... always good.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
guys what am i missing here. I can't get the diff tight. i bought this car used and evidently the rear axle wasn't right. I still haven't found an online manual that shows what i have. Is this right? The cone washer needs to be replaced now since i flattened it trying to get the diff tight. I can figure out what is keeping it from tightening.
Are you sure it's a 1/12 axle and not a 1/10? The shaft looks too long to me. Might just be the picture, though.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Electronics installed. I think i avoided having any tweak but still kept it clean. Just need to shorten the esc and servo leads.
Why are your axle spacers sitting between the axle bearings and not the hubs and bearings? That could be what's up with the diff not tightening. Spacers being used in the wrong locations.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So this is where i am now. The diff will tighten but I'm going to replace the flanged bearing in the hub, because it feels like crap.
Attached Thumbnails Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!-img_2057.jpg   Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!-img_2056.jpg  
Old 10-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serzoni
Why are your axle spacers sitting between the axle bearings and not the hubs and bearings? That could be what's up with the diff not tightening. Spacers being used in the wrong locations.
This pic is what took me down this road. Its how the car was delivered. If i could just find a online manual i would tear the car down complexly and rebuild it myself.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

This pic is what took me down this road. Its how the car was delivered. If i could just find a online manual i would tear the car down complexly and rebuild it myself.
Pod/Rear axle assembly are basically the same between the WC and standard XTi-
https://www.teamcrc.com/crc/download...rts-final2.pdf
Old 10-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serzoni
Pod/Rear axle assembly are basically the same between the WC and standard XTi-
https://www.teamcrc.com/crc/download...rts-final2.pdf
Thanks exactly what I was looking for! I had found multiple manuals online but not this one
Old 10-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
2 things I can think of that might be causing this. I know Slapmaster makes different thrust bearing kits for different axles. It is possible the one for the 12r5.2 doesn't have a long enough nylon spacer and the nut may be bottoming out on the end of the axle. Or the nut may just be worn out and in need of replacing.
I have the slapmaster kit with all three spacers so that shouldn't be the problem as I used the one that was closest to just cover the graphite end. I just read later in the thread that they have changed the axle and it doesn't get enough thread engagement using the thrust bearings. I think they have suggested using an older axle. I will look into this and see what I can find out. I really liked how the slapmaster bearing made the diff smooth on my 12r5.2.

Jon
Old 10-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer x 1
It's the axle on the crc xti series cars. You can run the thrust set up but you will need the older xi generation rear axle. There was a change on the exposed amount of threads between the two cars
Do you happen to know the part number?

Jon
Old 10-15-2016, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Got a new bearing coming and got a new cone washer. Just how tight should the diff be? Should i be able to move the spur or should it be locked down? The only other pan car i had was a RC10L, yes that long ago. By the way i got tired of trying to remember how to calculate roll out and just built a calculator. Let me know if anyone wants a copy

Last edited by DG Designs; 10-15-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juniorabca
I have the slapmaster kit with all three spacers so that shouldn't be the problem as I used the one that was closest to just cover the graphite end. I just read later in the thread that they have changed the axle and it doesn't get enough thread engagement using the thrust bearings. I think they have suggested using an older axle. I will look into this and see what I can find out. I really liked how the slapmaster bearing made the diff smooth on my 12r5.2.

Jon
Jon, about a year ago CRC made a running change to their 12th scale axle. The axle from F-1 and 12th are the same and use a shorter 4mm thread stud. There is not enough thread stud to install my thrust bearing and to get enough into the nylock of the nut. In short, there is no way to install my Slapmaster thrust kit on the 4mm stud axle.

If you have the older 8-32 stud axle, you can install a thrust kit. If you use 1/8" diff balls, use the #101 kit. If you use 3/32" or 2.5mm diff balls, use the #120 kit.

Brian
Old 10-16-2016, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dude, I was not aware of that. Thank you very much for that... I was so disappointed about running my car without your thrust kit...

I'm gonna recycle my XL axle :-)
Old 10-17-2016, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i've heard whispers of CRC working on a new pan car. anyone heard of this? i've only seen them release an aluminum chassis for the WC
Old 10-17-2016, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phatboislim
i've heard whispers of CRC working on a new pan car. anyone heard of this? i've only seen them release an aluminum chassis for the WC
Not sure why CRC would even need to release a new version car considering that Andrew Knapp just swept all of the 1/12th scale classes in Vegas with their existing platform. This with many of the most talented drivers from all around the globe in attendance, so his dominance was certainly no fluke. Oddly, I've not yet seen the usual victory photos and/or setups posted from Andrew's winning ride(s), but I do recall reading somewhere that he was actually running standard graphite chassis plates and not the optional alloy that many consider so advantageous for running on the new black carpet.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phatboislim
There was a prototype ran at the worlds and they were working with it in Vegas as well. No real word of when it will be released though. The current platform is still very competitive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.