Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree145Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Old 06-28-2015, 10:42 AM
  #1786  
Tech Adept
 
tdu verney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Del City Speed Shop
Posts: 234
Default

Originally Posted by Penz316 View Post
So I re-test tire compound this week-end ...

1/12 13.5T Blinky this time ... and again, I finish with my double blu / blu combinaison ... Same lap time, more consistent and less fade for me ...

Maybe it's our track. 99% of 1/12 drivers here runs that combo
Was that three heats and a main? How did you sauce?
tdu verney is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 10:11 AM
  #1787  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 3,563
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I tested the extended-mount pod top plate and I think it actually allowed my car to carry a little more corner speed. It might have caused the car to be a little more front-biased, but it seemed minor and I think the car controlled the turn-in forces on the grippy carpet surface better than with the stock top plate.
DesertRat is offline  
Old 06-30-2015, 01:53 PM
  #1788  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I tested the extended-mount pod top plate and I think it actually allowed my car to carry a little more corner speed. It might have caused the car to be a little more front-biased, but it seemed minor and I think the car controlled the turn-in forces on the grippy carpet surface better than with the stock top plate.
That's been my experience as well. I run extended plates on my 12th scale car and WGT car. I found that it allows you to run a less aggressive front-end set-up, but still carry excellent cornerspeed. A very useful trait when battling super high traction situations that might lead to traction rolling.
CypressMidWest is offline  
Old 07-01-2015, 01:35 PM
  #1789  
Tech Adept
 
Flygio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 207
Default

Hi Crc'ers!
I have a little problem with my xti-wc... the center shock pops off if hitting the barriers.... The car is pretty new, still the plastic cup has some play on the ball...
I have seen the Team Prime shock, and my question is: is it possible to fit in my xti? I mean, the alloy balls are the same or do I have to switch to others? Do the crc springs fit the shock?
Flygio is offline  
Old 07-01-2015, 02:38 PM
  #1790  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 3,563
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
That's been my experience as well. I run extended plates on my 12th scale car and WGT car. I found that it allows you to run a less aggressive front-end set-up, but still carry excellent cornerspeed. A very useful trait when battling super high traction situations that might lead to traction rolling.
I took some of the spring out of the rear.
DesertRat is offline  
Old 07-01-2015, 05:45 PM
  #1791  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Originally Posted by Flygio View Post
Hi Crc'ers!
I have a little problem with my xti-wc... the center shock pops off if hitting the barriers.... The car is pretty new, still the plastic cup has some play on the ball...
I have seen the Team Prime shock, and my question is: is it possible to fit in my xti? I mean, the alloy balls are the same or do I have to switch to others? Do the crc springs fit the shock?
I use cotton inside the ball cups to take up play in both the shock and the steering links. But I doubt that taking up the play is going to stop the shock from popping off. You might have gotten a ball that is slightly undersized. I would suggest replacing the ball and see if that helps.
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 07-01-2015, 06:07 PM
  #1792  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (24)
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,189
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Yeah I've never had that problem ever. I've broken shafts and plates in nasty hits but the ball cups were still on. Try some new balls and cups.
wingracer is offline  
Old 07-02-2015, 06:07 AM
  #1793  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Bern, N.C.
Posts: 1,539
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Flygio View Post
Hi Crc'ers!
I have a little problem with my xti-wc... the center shock pops off if hitting the barriers.... The car is pretty new, still the plastic cup has some play on the ball...
I have seen the Team Prime shock, and my question is: is it possible to fit in my xti? I mean, the alloy balls are the same or do I have to switch to others? Do the crc springs fit the shock?
on the cap end of the shock, I prefer the plastic piece that has a hole in it rather than the one that looks more like an enclosed ballcup. I have the cap end of my shock towards the front of the car and I'm using a coated ballstud that installs with an allen wrench.....which can be accessed via the hole in the plastic shock cap. That combo works great and the plastic cap never gets loose on the ballstud because I don't ever need to unsnap it. Rather I just unscrew the ballstud on the rare occasions when I want to re-oil or service the shock. For the shaft end, CRC now offers a little aluminum adapter that threads onto the shock shaft and increases its thread size to 4-40. That newish adapter allows you to use most any type of plastic ballcup of your choosing. I use a dubro ball end on mine with a longish 4-40 button head screw that remains in the upper pod plate (in lieu of a ballstud there) so that it's super easy to remove one 4-40 nut to accommodate quick and easy battery changes. This combo does increase the overall length of the shock, so the shock mount needs to move foward one hole in the main chassis, but I consider that too as a benefit.
vafactor is offline  
Old 07-02-2015, 11:40 AM
  #1794  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: El Mirage, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,474
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I've seen some pic's where the servo is in a rear position and seen it in the backward position. Looks like directions say to install it backwards. Is it that so you get the weight bias correct or can I install the servo with splines*facing forward with no ill effects?
Bubonic-X is offline  
Old 07-02-2015, 01:45 PM
  #1795  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I took some of the spring out of the rear.
I did as well.
CypressMidWest is offline  
Old 07-03-2015, 02:14 AM
  #1796  
Tech Adept
 
Flygio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 207
Default

Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
on the cap end of the shock, I prefer the plastic piece that has a hole in it rather than the one that looks more like an enclosed ballcup. I have the cap end of my shock towards the front of the car and I'm using a coated ballstud that installs with an allen wrench.....which can be accessed via the hole in the plastic shock cap. That combo works great and the plastic cap never gets loose on the ballstud because I don't ever need to unsnap it. Rather I just unscrew the ballstud on the rare occasions when I want to re-oil or service the shock. For the shaft end, CRC now offers a little aluminum adapter that threads onto the shock shaft and increases its thread size to 4-40. That newish adapter allows you to use most any type of plastic ballcup of your choosing. I use a dubro ball end on mine with a longish 4-40 button head screw that remains in the upper pod plate (in lieu of a ballstud there) so that it's super easy to remove one 4-40 nut to accommodate quick and easy battery changes. This combo does increase the overall length of the shock, so the shock mount needs to move foward one hole in the main chassis, but I consider that too as a benefit.
Yes, i've seen the adapter, I'll place an order soon. Thanks
Flygio is offline  
Old 07-24-2015, 10:03 AM
  #1797  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 3,563
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Here's a problem I've been having consistently, lately: What body fits over the front end when you run the 0 degree reactive caster blocks and the roll center adjusters? It stands the front arms way up. The only one I can find that fits is the Strakka, or maybe the Mohawk.
DesertRat is offline  
Old 07-24-2015, 10:05 AM
  #1798  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (88)
 
big_ads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Benedict ND
Posts: 2,236
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Here's a problem I've been having consistently, lately: What body fits over the front end when you run the 0 degree reactive caster blocks and the roll center adjusters? It stands the front arms way up. The only one I can find that fits is the Strakka, or maybe the Mohawk.
Ran the Lola all last year that way with no problem.
big_ads is offline  
Old 07-30-2015, 03:56 PM
  #1799  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (21)
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 535
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Sorry for the newbie question here, but I've read from about page 100 and it seems that the most common tires choices are Blue Front / Blue Rear. Dbl Blue Front / Green Rear, Black Front / Yellow Rear. My biggest question is what brand? Does it matter?
RussF is offline  
Old 07-30-2015, 04:14 PM
  #1800  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
WIITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,601
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RussF View Post
Sorry for the newbie question here, but I've read from about page 100 and it seems that the most common tires choices are Blue Front / Blue Rear. Dbl Blue Front / Green Rear, Black Front / Yellow Rear. My biggest question is what brand? Does it matter?
What traction level are you running on?
WIITA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.