Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree145Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Old 09-29-2012, 08:17 AM
  #166  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (82)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,582
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Look Ma.....Twins! Like Danny Devito and Arnold
which one is Danny?
OVA is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 07:03 PM
  #167  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 745
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

I was a little light so I ended up putting 7 grams of lead on both sides of the speed control and ended up with 47% weight on the front. The good news is the car worked very well. Last weekend the fast lap here was my Xi at an 11.322 with two other racers running 11.467 and 11.490 in the main. The heats for round 2 were in the 11.6 to 11.7 range. Fortunately the XTi ran mostly in the 11.7's with a best of 11.625 today. This to me isn't bad since we only had two cars on the track and it was a bit dirty from the off road track next to it.
linkless is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 01:23 PM
  #168  
Tech Apprentice
 
Miholc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Slovenija, Europe
Posts: 66
Default

Hello fellow CRC Xti owners!

I preordered mine, waiting to arrive end of the week or early next week. Since I live in "EUROland" I need to know what items do I need to stock up? Please help me with where to get the parts?

I tought the screws pack, spurs, ... ?

I will be running custom "open" setup as where we run we do not have any limitations on the cells and motors nor weight. 3S 1000mAh or 4S 800mAh setup with 17.5 or 21.5 motors :-) I run now 1800 2S on 13.5 motor with 80/26 gearing in Xray XII link. Very light. :-)
Miholc is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 06:57 PM
  #169  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,181
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Well my Xti is in the mail. After a couple years of not running pan car this car convinced me to get into it again.

Two questions:

1) What standard hex/nut drivers are needed to build this kit? (why can't it be metric haha)

2) What is a good starting rollout for a 10.5 on a 80X50 track?

Thanks in advance.

-Kane
Kane-o is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:03 PM
  #170  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 42
Default

nice
Mingsti is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 04:41 AM
  #171  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (31)
 
kingbee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: oHIo
Posts: 317
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

got mine...it's built and ready to go. will put it on the track this saturday. can't wait!
kingbee9 is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:44 AM
  #172  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
Csaari77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,500
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Mine will be waiting for me when I get home from work.
Csaari77 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 12:12 AM
  #173  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,181
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kane-o View Post
Well my Xti is in the mail. After a couple years of not running pan car this car convinced me to get into it again.

Two questions:

1) What standard hex/nut drivers are needed to build this kit? (why can't it be metric haha)

2) What is a good starting rollout for a 10.5 on a 80X50 track?

Thanks in advance.

-Kane
Bump for some help.
Kane-o is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:34 AM
  #174  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (88)
 
big_ads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Benedict ND
Posts: 2,236
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kane-o View Post
Bump for some help.
3/32, 5/64, 1/16, .050" 11/32 nut driver for the diff. 5mm nut driver works for the locknuts, not sure what the SAE number is on that one.

No idea on on roll-out.
big_ads is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:52 AM
  #175  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
Csaari77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,500
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Started assembling my kit last night, and I have a question about the pod movement. It states that the pod should move freely, but does that mean it should flop around loose? I got mine to move smoothly, but it doesn't move on it's own if I let it go.
Csaari77 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:14 AM
  #176  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,359
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Csaari77 View Post
Started assembling my kit last night, and I have a question about the pod movement. It states that the pod should move freely, but does that mean it should flop around loose? I got mine to move smoothly, but it doesn't move on it's own if I let it go.
I always set mine up so it falls on its on weight.
nitrobeast is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:08 AM
  #177  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,181
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by big_ads View Post
3/32, 5/64, 1/16, .050" 11/32 nut driver for the diff. 5mm nut driver works for the locknuts, not sure what the SAE number is on that one.

No idea on on roll-out.
Thank you sir!
Kane-o is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 05:52 AM
  #178  
Tech Regular
 
johnnywhopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Rome, NY
Posts: 371
Default

Originally Posted by big_ads View Post
3/32, 5/64, 1/16, .050" 11/32 nut driver for the diff. 5mm nut driver works for the locknuts, not sure what the SAE number is on that one.

No idea on on roll-out.
The locknuts are 3/16" hex.


Originally Posted by Csaari77 View Post
Started assembling my kit last night, and I have a question about the pod movement. It states that the pod should move freely, but does that mean it should flop around loose? I got mine to move smoothly, but it doesn't move on it's own if I let it go.
The pod should fall under it's own weight, especially if the added weight of the pod plates are already installed. If it does not, then you will need to loosen the fit on either the center pivot, or the side link pivot balls, or both. just go a little at a time on the clamping screws on both pieces and get the pod to flop around easily without making any excessive play in either of these pivots.


John
johnnywhopper is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 05:58 AM
  #179  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
Csaari77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,500
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by johnnywhopper View Post
The pod should fall under it's own weight, especially if the added weight of the pod plates are already installed. If it does not, then you will need to loosen the fit on either the center pivot, or the side link pivot balls, or both. just go a little at a time on the clamping screws on both pieces and get the pod to flop around easily without making any excessive play in either of these pivots.

John
Thanks. I messed with it last night and got it set. I had the side links too tight, which was binding the movement. Are there any tricks to setting them, or is it just trial and error?
Csaari77 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 06:01 AM
  #180  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Radio Active's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 7,128
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kane-o View Post
2) What is a good starting rollout for a 10.5 on a 80X50 track?

Bump for some help.
60 mm.
Radio Active is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.