Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree145Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Old 02-08-2015, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
Thanks for the quick reply David. Please note however that the instruction sheets that came in my WC kit include a detailed and step-by-step verbal description of the shock assembly sequence along with a nice and very clear exploded diagram. Those instructions say to put only one o-ring under the bottom shock plug. There is no mention of using a second o-ring. Also, only one o-ring is shown in the exploded diagram, and that is the one that goes under the bottom shock plug. If indeed CRC intends for the second o-ring to go inside of the shock as a spacer, then perhaps an edit of the latest assembly instructions might be in order? I'm guessing that perhaps CRC may have discovered that the encore shock works better without an internal o-ring spacer? This is the reason for my question on the thread. Brian or Brian, can you please clarify? Internal spacer, or no internal spacer?
Sure, Perry. I went back to look at the instructions and I find that o-ring missing as well in the WC version. That o-ring is in the instructions for the WTF-1 and previous cars including the Gen10-SE. I am witnessing that the o-ring is necessary when using the short shock setup that puts the antenna mount in the most rearward holes. I have moved on to the setup using the other upper pod plate and moving the antenna forward one set of holes. The o-ring was required to make the shock the right length in that one too. But, I am sure that Dumper will see this and reply. I wouldn't expect him in the office and checking on these things till Monday.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default shock assembly

Today was my first outing with the WC car. To begin the day, I had the car setup with no o-ring spacer inside of the shock and with the longer ballcup on the end of the shock shaft. With that long shock combo I placed the antenna/shock mount one hole foward from the rearmost position. After two nice smooth qualifiers with the long shock setup, for the last Q I added the internal o-ring spacer, switched to the shorter ballcup and moved the antenna/shock mount to the rearmost position. The car drove much the same although I did notice that the initial turn-in became a little more crisp, probably due to the shock being a bit more inclined. Both setups were really good, but I found the car to be a tick quicker once I shortened the shock and moved the shock mount back. All day long the WC car was just awesome. The guys aren't kidding with their recommendations to run the thing exactly as it comes out of the box. The only option part that I used was the 2.5 graphite spacers under the caster blocks. Everything else was box stock, and the car was terriffic.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Perry, what tire combo are you running
Old 02-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Default tire choices

95% of the time I run blue rears and either blue or double blue fronts. About the only time I stray from those is on a lousy carpet or a brand new layout, when carpet fuzz pickup can sometimes be a problem. On a fuzzy track, I'll use grey rears and black fronts since they tend to shed fuzz better. But I only use the grey/blacks just until the fuzz subsides. As soon as the track comes around, I go right back to the blues since they do seem faster for me under most conditions. Love those blue tires!
Old 02-09-2015, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The extra o-ring is indeed meant to be used as an internal limiter if needed.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am getting back in the game after a racing layoff.. I went to the big race in jersey, at RC CAR World.. did well there, and ran greylow and grey front, low to medium bite, 13.5, the car would get a bit loose at the end of the run, but the tires were only 40.5 mm rear, and 39.5 mm front, I usually don't run them that low..
so blue, dbl blue huh.. are this e a combo of old shores or something new ?
I need some batts tooo to get that rip back
Old 02-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casey View Post
I am getting back in the game after a racing layoff.. I went to the big race in jersey, at RC CAR World.. did well there, and ran greylow and grey front, low to medium bite, 13.5, the car would get a bit loose at the end of the run, but the tires were only 40.5 mm rear, and 39.5 mm front, I usually don't run them that low..
so blue, dbl blue huh.. are this e a combo of old shores or something new ?
I need some batts tooo to get that rip back
It's different rubber altogether; good wear, and good overall bite. Great for tracks in any condition, and all levels of bite. Blues on all 4 corners isn't a bad starting point, although cars that get loose later in the run might benefit from a green rear and a double blue front combo. When in doubt, that's what I'll try first.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
Thanks for the quick reply David. Please note however that the instruction sheets that came in my WC kit include a detailed and step-by-step verbal description of the shock assembly sequence along with a nice and very clear exploded diagram. Those instructions say to put only one o-ring under the bottom shock plug. There is no mention of using a second o-ring. Also, only one o-ring is shown in the exploded diagram, and that is the one that goes under the bottom shock plug. If indeed CRC intends for the second o-ring to go inside of the shock as a spacer, then perhaps an edit of the latest assembly instructions might be in order? I'm guessing that perhaps CRC may have discovered that the encore shock works better without an internal o-ring spacer? This is the reason for my question on the thread. Brian or Brian, can you please clarify? Internal spacer, or no internal spacer?
We did indeed make a mistake on the WC Manual. The shock is supposed to have an O-ring inside the body as well as an o-ring in the seal pack area. The internal O-ring acts as a top-out damper or stop and also shortens the shock to the proper length. This was correct in the Xti manual, but somehow got crossed-up in the WC manual. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks to all for the support.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Even without the internal "spacer" o-ring, the Encore shock works really well. It works even better with the internal o-ring added. Thanks CRC for the clarification......and for the great product. I'm really loving my new WC edition car.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's one mistake I never would have caught. I don't read manuals.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Without it your car will have a lot more rear droop in it than it should.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Anyone have a good mod setup for the transverse XTI? I would be running on a large carpet track. Traction is med-high.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadB. View Post
Anyone have a good mod setup for the transverse XTI? I would be running on a large carpet track. Traction is med-high.
Double blue front and green rear for tires worked well.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Double blue front and green rear for tires worked well.
Thanks for your feedback. I was more so looking for a setup for the car.

I ran this tire combo last week in stock and it seemed ok. I still like the Blue-Green combo.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I want to thank the famous Slapmaster for his inputs here on the new WC chassis. Put the 3263 upper plate on the pod and tried a couple springs. Liked the purple best. Car was solid and liked the newer high downforce bodies. Double blue fronts and blue rears were the ticket. Didn't experience any rear wheel lifting or anything funny. Was only running a mild 5.5 motor without boost, but did notice there wasn't any rubbing of the chassis on the carpet where that was the case before this configuration was applied. Just finished a new WC chassis that will be stock with a 13.5. I fully expect to experience the same awesome performance as reported by Slapmaster. That Vafactor guy verified it would be great.

Last edited by davidl; 02-25-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.