R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-14-2002, 09:27 AM   #31
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by F1-Fanatic
A friend of mine had the same problem with his Micro using a Futaba 3PJS radio. The KO servo... doesn't that require 6.0 volts?

F1-Fanatic
Yup, the micro FET servo is at 6.0Volts.
TFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 12:20 PM   #32
Tech Adept

With the 6v servo do you notice any noticable run time problems? I was thinking of putting that servo in my 1/12th scale mainly because a digital servo acheives it's torque from 0deg all the way to full deflection rather than an analog servo which is at almost full deflection before being measured.. this way the digital can hold neutral better and is a lot more "sensative" to the touch. The only thing keeping me from intalling it is the voltage problem. 1/12th scale cars run on 4 cells here.

F1-Fanatic
F1-Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 12:33 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

F1,

You can run the KO 947 on 4 cells, it'll just a be a bit slower than normal. OR, you could use a receiver pack with it and it'll run at full speed.

T
Old 09-15-2002, 12:36 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Nah,

I will just save my cash and practice so I can be a better driver

F1-Fanatic
Old 09-15-2002, 03:35 PM   #35
TFR
Tech Master

I didnt check the run time before and after installing the digital 6.0V servo but I could tell you that this servo is very fast and centres to neutral very good...

Here is something you might be interested to look at, it's Atsushi Hara's winning 1/12 car with the PDS947FET and with four cells;

http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/...ara/index.html

And here is a picture of my micro using PDS947FET... oh, I see Atsushi uses the same electronics as I use...mm....

Enjoy...!!~
Old 09-15-2002, 08:09 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: My 2 second rant

Quote:
Originally posted by F1-Fanatic
I have the EX-1 Mars and love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. However when the new type "R" model was introduced my first thought was that I needed to run out and get this new radio (even though my radio is only 5 months old).. My main concern was about the backwards compatibility issue and the realistic benefits of having this new transmitter in my corner. After all they are using it's larger model memory and claims of a 40% faster response time as main selling features. But in reality how much faster is this “response time?and what response are they referring to anyway? Is it the response from when you make an input to when the radio transmits the signal? Is it the time it takes for the receiver to receive your transmissions?? Is it the time it takes for the receiver to actually receive your transmissions??? Furthermore; is this "response time" anything a human being will ever notice.. I mean 40% faster than what number???? Is it 40% faster than .002 milliseconds or nanoseconds?? Lets be realistic KO or more precisely lets be honest it's time for you to sell, sell, sell. Nothing more, nothing less.

As far as backwards compatibility goes not only do the former receivers of the EX-1 fame fall short of being up to the new specs, the wheel drop down unit that the EX-1 uses isn't even compatible. You need to purchase a unit specific wheel extension too!

Let me ask you this... why bother upgrading? But then again that “Boba-Fett?blue LED is kinda cool and helpful if war breaks out and you need to spot enemy spy planes at 35,000 feet.

Sorry KO but I will hold onto my EX-1

F1-Fanatic

i tried the mars r and ex-10 with the same brand new servo and brand new bat. 4 cells.
i turn the stering left, right, left, right.....at the same rhythm the servo on the mars r swings bigger gap then the servo on the ex-10. this means that the respond is quicker and the speed of the servo also increase. lap time may not improve but corner mistake can be counter quicker
rcsabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 08:44 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ok, sorry, but i am confused....

the new r works with the older receivers? no?

the older radio works with the new receivers? yes?
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 09:19 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Correct.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:46 PM   #39
Tech Regular

Does anyone know if the Novak XXL speed controller works with the Mars R?

Also, do the regular Mars crystals work on the R?
Aurra Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 11:31 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Yes, the crystals will work. KO hasn't changed crystals so I am preety sure the crystals will work throughout their entire line.
I just saw one of these radios a couple hours ago at the track and man, can you tell the difference! I am definately going out and buying one as soon as I get enough cash.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 04:37 PM   #41
TFR
Tech Master

I email Ko Propo and they said none of the aftermarket receiver will work with the Mars R such as the LRP Phaser, Novak XXL...

I hope Novak and LRP will make a receiver that has those high response system...

How are you all doing with your KO Mars R??

I like it so far..
Old 10-16-2002, 06:32 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TFR
I email Ko Propo and they said none of the aftermarket receiver will work with the Mars R such as the LRP Phaser, Novak XXL...

I hope Novak and LRP will make a receiver that has those high response system...

How are you all doing with your KO Mars R??

I like it so far..
one australias better drivers is using a mars r & novak xtal-less (whats it called again?) reciever with no problem...

i just ordered mine with 3x ko recievers so that solves that problem!
Old 10-16-2002, 06:57 PM   #43
Tech Apprentice

I am going to order one of these radios. I like the looks of them. Everyone around here has a M8, and I want to be different. It doesn't bother me about the rx issue, because I am starting fresh. I like what people have had to say about the KO radio's, so I hope it works great for me.
Action-RC.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 06:25 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

One thing you will not liek is the blue LED pilot light. It may look trick from far away but damn...it's a bitch to you eyes when you are adjusting trim and the sort. What is the price everyone is getting this radio for? I am California so the best I can muster is 246 out the door.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:37 PM   #45
Tech Apprentice

My LHS is getting $248.88 for it.
Action-RC.com is offline   Reply With Quote