Community
Wiki Posts
Search

some help/info please

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Default some help/info please

i have just bought a car in pieces and am new to this game so the blue wire is negative and the white wire is positive is this correct????????
and if i am only getting 4.5 volts on the motor side of the speed controller and she doesnt work is the speedy broken???????
these may sound like silly questions but am just clarifying things before stuffing them up
Old 03-12-2005, 05:50 PM
R/C Tech Founder

The colors of the wires likely depend on the make and model of the speed control. Do you know what it is?

In the most basic sense, you will have red for positive, black for battery negative, and blue for motor negative. If the colors are white and blue, and the third is (I would hope) red, one of those two should be the motor negative and the other the battery negative. But I wouldn't want to give you advice without knowing the actual ESC.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Tech Initiate

speed controller is one in the duratrax evader standard issue the motor is a team associated sonic R the speed controller has two wires a blue and a white to the motor and the battery are red and black
the problem i have is these speed controllers are said to be rated to a 16 turn the motor in it is from some knowing person on this forum a 16 turn triple!!!! now what it has been doing is after it heats up for a while it would stop, now i could hear it trying to go, but it wouldnt!!! and now it is not working at all so im thinkin the speedy is stuffed would i be correct in my evaluation
Old 03-13-2005, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

white is pos-blue is negitve. if it is the standard evader ESC and you have a 16x3 hooked up, you have sizzled your speedy

if it is the duratrax sprint ESC it is the standard one. {i think they are black} with gold heat sink.

I assume it was a 6 cell pack run thru it ???
Old 03-13-2005, 01:39 AM
Tech Initiate

yep thats the problem i thinks spewing hey!!!! i run 3300 packs i think they are 7 cell packs i wouldnt have a clue really i am completely elecrically retarded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the packs were longer than the ones that came with the car so i figure they are 7 cell
Old 03-13-2005, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not 100% sure but to the best of my knowledge the duratrax sprints have a 20 turn limit. and a 16 turn with 7 cells was never a good idea . new speedy that can handle lower turm motors and 7 cells. Go ebay or tower hobbies
Old 03-13-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally posted by wingspan
speed controller is one in the duratrax evader standard issue the motor is a team associated sonic R the speed controller has two wires a blue and a white to the motor and the battery are red and black
the problem i have is these speed controllers are said to be rated to a 16 turn the motor in it is from some knowing person on this forum a 16 turn triple!!!! now what it has been doing is after it heats up for a while it would stop, now i could hear it trying to go, but it wouldnt!!! and now it is not working at all so im thinkin the speedy is stuffed would i be correct in my evaluation
The standard Duratrax esc is only rated at 20 turn motor limit.It will comfortable take a 19t and also un officially from Duratrax should accept a 17 turn but that is definately the bottom end.

Duratrax WILL NOT warrant there esc's with any thing below a 20 turn..

Bottom line is U have blown the speedie
Cheers