Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak BL Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Default Novak BL Question

How do I dial something in to simulate the cogging effect of a brushed motor on a Novak Brushless. I tried driving my car on foam (on carpet) in mod profile and I couldn't nail the technical sections because of the roll

Thanks
-Dan
Old 03-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't of a way to do that unless you dial in a little bit of drag brake using your transmitter. This will heat up the controller a bit more, but it might help you get the feel for the track better. Novak's new controller will have a programmable drag brake.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Just dial it it with the throttle trim. It's kinda the opposite of what the brushed guys do to get theirs to roll.

I dial in more and more "rear" (braking) trim until the car starts to spin out entering the turn...then back it off some and you're in the ballpark.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:33 AM
The Evicerator

The New Super Sport Plus ESC has built in programming that allows you to add drag brake (the effect you are looking for) as well as adjust your min drive %, dead band %, and min brake %
Old 03-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Evice: If I send in the SS speedo could I "trade" up to a SS plus. I've heard people have been able to exchange a Cyclone and some bank for a GT7

I tried trim but it didn't help anywhere near enough. What I'm gonna try though is set the ESC with my brake endpoint at 40 and set it back to 100 after the ESC is programmed. THEN I'll dial in some trim. In theory, the trim should be 60% more effective than before. I tried in on the bench/floor and I can get the speedo light to solid green (with the transmitter at neutral) with only 38 trim Hopefully it works on the track!
Old 03-14-2005, 01:14 PM
The Evicerator

I *think* that they are going to offer an upgrade option but I am not sure. If they do I don't know if they have pricing availalbe yet or not... you're going to have to call/email customer service on that one!

(949) 833-8873

[email protected]