R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   will the m8 finally be replaced? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/65777-will-m8-finally-replaced.html)

cooliomojo-CEBU 03-09-2005 08:34 PM

will the m8 finally be replaced?

i have read somewwhere that the m8 will be replaced this year......have anyone heard about this? it would be great if somebody can confirm.....:cool: :cool:

axel 03-09-2005 08:39 PM

I heard either late this year... or maybe May( doubt it)? I hope they replace the m8 so that I can buy the m8 for a cheaper price.

Totalfixation 03-09-2005 08:56 PM

i want them to just replace it and just use the spectrum built in rather then using a module. i dont think the spectrum will have anything replacing anytime soon. so it will be ok

AdrianM 03-09-2005 09:10 PM

Pro radios will have modules until spread spectrum is fully figured out. Pros prefer 27 band but there are only 6 legal freqs. This means that at a national the top 6 get to run 27 and the remaining 4 have to switch to 75. This is why top level radios have modules. If you are one of the unlucky 4 all you have to do is switch modules, RX and you good to go with your radio and all your settings.

centax error! 03-09-2005 09:22 PM

Re: will the m8 finally be replaced?

Originally posted by cooliomojo-CEBU
i have read somewwhere that the m8 will be replaced this year......have anyone heard about this? it would be great if somebody can confirm.....:cool: :cool:
... i thought your getting the helios:D

raving-monkey 03-10-2005 01:20 PM

Originally posted by AdrianM
Pro radios will have modules until spread spectrum is fully figured out. Pros prefer 27 band but there are only 6 legal freqs. This means that at a national the top 6 get to run 27 and the remaining 4 have to switch to 75. This is why top level radios have modules. If you are one of the unlucky 4 all you have to do is switch modules, RX and you good to go with your radio and all your settings.
i'm confused, i thought that 75 was the thing to have over 27...same as 40 is more common with the better drivers over 27.

is it something about 75 that makes 27 better?:confused: :weird:

ChrisP 03-10-2005 01:23 PM

Many racers (especially racers who travel overseas) prefer 27MHz because it can be used worldwide as oposed to 75 and 40 which are outlawed in certain areas

CypressMidWest 03-10-2005 01:25 PM

Originally posted by raving-monkey
i'm confused, i thought that 75 was the thing to have over 27...same as 40 is more common with the better drivers over 27.

is it something about 75 that makes 27 better?:confused: :weird:

Yes, Channel spacing is far greater on 27 band making it less likely that a driver on an adjacent channel will have his signal "bleed-over" and cause you to have radio hits.

Jarrod Langlois 03-10-2005 01:32 PM

well with the euro split channels you are just as likely to get radio hits on 27 band as 75 because of crossovers/overlapping. seems like the spectrum will be the next best thing for a universal international system.

burbs 03-10-2005 01:36 PM

i would like to see a pcm model from them.. i race oval, on some very large outdoor tracks.. i cant use my m8 there it glitches...

i have to switch to my pcm radio.... always seemed like airtronics had a weak frequency power on all there radios....

cooliomojo-CEBU 03-10-2005 07:42 PM

CE--

i thought your getting the helios
yep, imk leaning towards the helios but airtronics might come up with something better than the m8 that they have now.....if they are not changing, once i have the budget, i will go for a helios....

so.....anything definite on the m8 being changed? :cool:

mafiaracers 03-10-2005 09:22 PM

the M8 is like the industry standard....I wouldn't change it toooo much if I were airtronics! if anything, maybe a small area to graph out the expo, but other thatn that, not much....

burbs 03-10-2005 10:36 PM

thats the problem.. standard doesnt mean much.. its the same ole same old.. why not make it better then the industry standard... its been out a long time.. and there is quite a few radios out now i would rather use.. not so muc features, but as i stated above, reliability...

Wild Cherry 03-10-2005 11:01 PM

There is the M-8 Version #3

Its only available in Japan.

Has a faster c.p.u & is only a 2 channel....

got one , its sweet....

axel 03-10-2005 11:31 PM

is it cheaper cause it two channel.