R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 50
Default Hobbywing 150a and EPA

hello guys
I have a very important question for me:
the function of the EPA on gas, must be 100% or can I decrease? Change will cause problems to the ESC
puma303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 50
Default

any help????
puma303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma303 View Post
hello guys
I have a very important question for me:
the function of the EPA on gas, must be 100% or can I decrease? Change will cause problems to the ESC

Hi puma303,
The EPA end point adjustment on gas can be set lower. I Use a lower setting when the track gets slick so I don't over power the traction of the track. Some times I'v set it at 55%
I also use this when I let other pepl. use my car to keep them from damaging it if they run into something.
Tim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,762
Default

Why do you want to decrease the EPA?

Is it not something that can be cured by adjusting the throttle profile or expo?
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post

Is it not something that can be cured by adjusting the throttle profile or expo?
I disagree, if you don't have the money to buy a slower motor, you can turn down the EPA.

O-and you can use this on nitro cars as well, I know across the pond when it starts to rain, they don't stop. I read some turn down the EPA so the car don't have as much power.
Tim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Why do you want to decrease the EPA?

Is it not something that can be cured by adjusting the throttle profile or expo?
I want to lower the throttle from EPA because I have more control over the model, but someone told me that if I do it this way I risk burning the ESC because of overheating
puma303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma303 View Post
I want to lower the throttle from EPA because I have more control over the model, but someone told me that if I do it this way I risk burning the ESC because of overheating
Its the same thing as putting a block behind your trigger finger or throttle stop. can you run your car at half throttle on the track with out it overheating? If you can, there is your answer.

Last edited by Tim3; 08-29-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Tim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim3 View Post
Its the same thing as putting a block behind your trigger finger or throttle stop. can you run your car at half throttle on the track with out it overheating? If you can, there is your answer.
I did not answer this because I've never been able to verify. I guess you know the answer but can you?
puma303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma303 View Post
I did not answer this because I've never been able to verify. I guess you know the answer but can you?
Is was not meant to be a smart answer. Sorry. and yes you can use EPA.
If you are still unsure, run just a few laps come in and check the temp on the motor.
Tim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD COBRARACING Radio and Electronics 12157 Today 12:03 AM
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread tyhodge07 Electric Off-Road 8898 11-17-2015 06:31 PM
New Caster Fusion EX-1.5R YDBD Electric Off-Road 3474 10-18-2014 03:14 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net