Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
A warning about Hobbypartz, NitroCRX and Nitroplanes. Paypal Dispute = Ban Customer >

A warning about Hobbypartz, NitroCRX and Nitroplanes. Paypal Dispute = Ban Customer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A warning about Hobbypartz, NitroCRX and Nitroplanes. Paypal Dispute = Ban Customer

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default A warning about Hobbypartz, NitroCRX and Nitroplanes. Paypal Dispute = Ban Customer

I recently placed a $199.61 order from Hobbypartz to get some parts for crawlers I am building. I consider them a local hobbyking and their location is rather convenient. A week later I have 2 charges on paypal for $199.95, no order email, and no tracking info.

I sent an email copying support and sales asking what was going on with my order. 9 Days later I called and finally got through to a representative. I was told that my account had been banned due to a paypal dispute in January.

Anyone who has deal with these companies has dealt with their service, or lack there-of. I have never had much issue and have always gotten my orders on time. I have placed over $1,500 worth of merchandise over the past few years from this company.

On 12/20/2011 I ordered 6 Dynam 12amp ESCs and when they arrived they were larger than the proton 30a escs I had order.

These were for a mini quad so naturally they would not do...

I attempted to get an RMA from Hobbypartz via email and phone calls but was unable so I filed a paypal dispute to get them to reply. They responded, sent an RMA and I sent back the ESCs. Business as usual right?

Since then I've placed the following orders:

order yhst-62196343123315-233636 $86.02
order yhst-62196343123315-245183 $113.54
order yhst-62196343123315-263254 $391.28
order yhst-62196343123315-263868 $165.14
order yhst-62196343123315-264839 $103.20

I spent a total of $859.18 and if they would have acceped my most recent order that would have been $1058.79 since being banned...

I'd consider myself a loyal customer until I was just "banned" from using their site from a transaction 7 months ago and notified on the phone today.

Unbelievable. The salesperson on the phone was not able to give me a valid reason why I had been banned except that because I had filed a paypal dispute I could no longer buy there.

Keep this in mind when using Hobbypartz, NitroCRX, and Nitroplanes. Not only is their customer service horrible but they feel the need to "ban" perfectly good customers who spend good amounts of money at their store. Pass the word.

Thank god Hobbyking is expanding their USA warehouse and putting these guys out of business. Cut out the middleman anyway...
Old 08-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Thats pretty lame. Sounds like they have done you a favor though in the end.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hobbypartz was bought sold a few times by different companies.

HobbyKing is SOOOO Much better!
Turnigy line of products are the best!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

These are orders I have place from hobbypartz and its sister companies over the years....

Clearly I am a horrible customer...
Old 08-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Odin544
Thats pretty lame. Sounds like they have done you a favor though in the end.
Sadly they were a close resource for hobbyking type items like Lipos. Even though they are rarely in stock, I used their email notification.

Originally Posted by Mr RCTech
Hobbypartz was bought sold a few times by different companies.

HobbyKing is SOOOO Much better!
Turnigy line of products are the best!
That would make a lot of sense. Because whoever is running the business now is running it into the GROUND with stuff like this.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The more stories like these I hear, the less I order from Hobbypartz.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

To anyone whom has ever had an issue with hobbypartz, please call paypal. They are monitoring the company for fraud. Their actions are against paypals seller's terms of agreement and the more people that call with issues, the quicker they lose their paypal abilities.

Paypal is aware of the situation and is monitoring their actions from here on out as a flagged account. They told me that they have an excessive amount of claims, but I am the first person to actually call from being "banned" per the owner of the site.

I was told by a representative of the site:

"The ban on your account was made by one of the owner of the company. I can have the ban lifted but you will need to contact Paypal to cancel the claim that was filed in order *******. "

That order was disputed, sent back to them, resolved by paypal, they got their goods back, and closed. I have the emails to prove it and paypal verified it.

whatever... I'm done with it. Paypals aware of it. Its in their hands now.

Call Paypal if you've had issues with them pulling nonsense in the past. Go to Paypal: Contact Us: Call us and they will provide you a One-Time Passcode to directly talk to a representative.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daign
To anyone whom has ever had an issue with hobbypartz, please call paypal. They are monitoring the company for fraud. Their actions are against paypals seller's terms of agreement and the more people that call with issues, the quicker they lose their paypal abilities.

Paypal is aware of the situation and is monitoring their actions from here on out as a flagged account. They told me that they have an excessive amount of claims, but I am the first person to actually call from being "banned" per the owner of the site.

I was told by a representative of the site:

"The ban on your account was made by one of the owner of the company. I can have the ban lifted but you will need to contact Paypal to cancel the claim that was filed in order *******. "

That order was disputed, sent back to them, resolved by paypal, they got their goods back, and closed. I have the emails to prove it and paypal verified it.

whatever... I'm done with it. Paypals aware of it. Its in their hands now.

Call Paypal if you've had issues with them pulling nonsense in the past. Go to Paypal: Contact Us: Call us and they will provide you a One-Time Passcode to directly talk to a representative.
You hate to hear things like this, but this isn't the first time I heard about Hobbypartz...

Its a shame.

Hopefully PayPal will resolve this so this doesn't happen again.