R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
The reason you get less for your membership money now is that membership has dwindled since the 80's.

80s
25 x 10,000 = 250,000

Today
25 x 3,000 = 75,000
Yep you just described the measure that counts... Entries at a big race and memberships. Action needs to be taken and when these go up, you are doing the right things, no matter how many cry badies come out of the wood work... Look at the number that cried when Brushless and Lipo was approved.... But it was the correct move. Stopping open speedos was the correct move for the stock classes, regardless of few members that did not like it... here is the funny thing about it, they can run open speedos, just enter MOD.....

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Can someone please tell me who is going to actually want to take on the Presidency? Otherwise Rob....I'm voting for you.
The man I'm supporting is Steve Mruk from Region 2. Here is a natural born promoter.... Just want this group needs... Provided others do not beat him to hard...

Old 08-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #78
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Warner View Post
So then, at the club level, what is it exactly that ROAR does to benefit the racer and/or the track? Also, some of the biggest races that have the most participants such as the birds, Cleveland and Vegas aren't ROAR affiliated.
No but without ROAR who would certify that our Speedo's, motors and batteries were actually legal and meet the same specs? What rules would those races use? Who would decide what motor should be ran in what class compared to each other?

As much as people complain about ROAR rules or the lack of just sit back a minute and imagine the racing scene in the US if there were no ROAR to make the rules that 100% of the tracks follow in some form or another.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #79
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
The man I'm supporting is Steve Mruk from Region 2. Here is a natural born promoter.... Just want this group needs... Provided others do not beat him to hard...
I dont know Steve and have never met him but he is the ONLY one that is constantly on the ROAR forum trying to get answers for stuff and get answers to peoples questions on there when no one else seems to answer.

EA
Old 08-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
I dont know Steve and have never met him but he is the ONLY one that is constantly on the ROAR forum trying to get answers for stuff and get answers to peoples questions on there when no one else seems to answer.

EA
You know I would support you, if they allowed you to run... but lucky us they have changed the by-laws to not allow this... I'm questioning if this was legal... but you know they will not provide the documents...

Old 08-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #81
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Lessen

Let's take a moment to ponder whether or not ROAR should promote membership directly to racers... or should they put the promotional tool (backed by incentive) in the hands of would-be ROAR santioned club tracks? I am sure there are many very well run club tracks all across the country which have leaders that are capable of increasing membership counts.. if there's something valuable to gain for their track.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
There's the first name I've heard to vote for. Excellent any one else who would like their name in the hat or has something to contribute in a positive manner would be great with the intent of helping the conversation.

Roar is 100% needed to govern. No point in starting a new. Lets face it all the big races are based on ROAR standards. We 100% need a standard where some sort on monetary restrictions are out there for us stock boys.

Steve Mruk from Region 2--
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #83
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
No but without ROAR who would certify that our Speedo's, motors and batteries were actually legal and meet the same specs? What rules would those races use? Who would decide what motor should be ran in what class compared to each other?

As much as people complain about ROAR rules or the lack of just sit back a minute and imagine the racing scene in the US if there were no ROAR to make the rules that 100% of the tracks follow in some form or another.

EA
Excellent answer Mr. Anderson!
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #84
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
+1 He is a natural with reaching out to everyone and listening to the needs. He's a region director, promotions director, and an avid racer that has increased the numbers and brought back some great racing in the off-road scene including the 1/8th off-road fuel nationals to Region 2.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #85
Team EAM

Quote:
You know I would support you, if they allowed you to run... but lucky us they have changed the by-laws to not allow this... I'm questioning if this was legal... but you know they will not provide the documents...
Actually I am eligible but I dont think you could talk me into it! LOL

EA
Old 08-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Quote:
I created a quick survey, I will be more the happy to post the results...

Link
Sorry, I fixed the the survey.. had a problem with some questions, but I think I have it working...

I had to reset it...

So please give it a go...

Old 08-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #87
Tech Elite

Quote:
Sorry, I fixed the the survey.. had a problem with some questions, but I think I have it working...

I had to reset it...

So please give it a go...
You forgot 1/12 and WGT.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:59 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
You forgot 1/12 and WGT.

-Mike
?? I was not trying to find out about a class or group, it was designed as general, for all the types...

Stock is stock, no matter what form... or am I missing something?

Old 08-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #89
Tech Elite

Quote:
?? I was not trying to find out about a class or group, it was designed as general, for all the types...

Stock is stock, no matter what form... or am I missing something?
I am lost....I don't love off-road 1/10th but it makes a good back up.....wheres that answer.....This survey must have been done by a guy who just runs on-road....
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #90
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessen View Post
Let's take a moment to ponder whether or not ROAR should promote membership directly to racers... or should they put the promotional tool (backed by incentive) in the hands of would-be ROAR santioned club tracks? I am sure there are many very well run club tracks all across the country which have leaders that are capable of increasing membership counts.. if there's something valuable to gain for their track.
Can't think of the last time I've been to a track ran by an actual club. In my area clubs have gone the way of the brushed motor. Now it's pretty much private owners catering to which ever crowd crows the loudest.

I think it would be great if ROAR could encourage the return and growth of clubs. People are way more willing to get involved if they feel they have a stake in things. Members are willing to do more than customers.

Bill.
Lost Aggresiva is offline   Reply With Quote