R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #196
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Okay, someone needs to explain to me how "stock" is not a spec class. If it's not spec then what the hell is it??? In full scale racing "stock" means "as it came from the factory." Show me any RC kit that comes with a motor.

There is no stock. We stopped having a stock motor class the day rebuildable motors became legal. The only thing close to a stock class is the Tamiya races that use a silver can motor, and even that's been ruined!

Yes there should be sportsman and pro classes. The debate as how to separate those can go on forever.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #197
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

And all these ideas about point series and stuff are okay, but who is going to keep track of it? ROAR??? Didn't we have 2 pages of complaints of how ROAR can't even keep the rule book updated??

ROAR needs people!!! There have to be more of us willing to volunteer our time to do the things necessary to have a working national and even regional organization. Lets stop with the keyboard commandos and get off our butts and do something.

Okay, where are my blood pressure pills.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #198
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
And all these ideas about point series and stuff are okay, but who is going to keep track of it? ROAR??? Didn't we have 2 pages of complaints of how ROAR can't even keep the rule book updated??

ROAR needs people!!! There have to be more of us willing to volunteer our time to do the things necessary to have a working national and even regional organization. Lets stop with the keyboard commandos and get off our butts and do something.

Does ROAR not have a budget? If membership decided to go in this direction they should be able to allocate resources to it. We've already established the money isn't going toward keeping the rules up to date. Are you speaking for ROAR and saying the capacity does not exist?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #199
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:

I think you missed some of us volunteering our time to do such. As well as the very short discussion of who will be the president to address such items. ROAR is extremely good at updating their races and results in full. I would gladly dedicate 6 weekends a year to update a points series for on-road.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #200
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:

If agreement is reached, tracking points is very simple, just requires the PDF race results and a spreadsheet, or RC Score Pro DB import to the master...

Just because the current people are not doing much, lets not shot the new people in the head before they step forward...

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #201
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
I think you missed some of us volunteering our time to do such. As well as the very short discussion of who will be the president to address such items. ROAR is extremely good at updating their races and results in full. I would gladly dedicate 6 weekends a year to update a points series for on-road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
If agreement is reached, tracking points is very simple, just requires the PDF race results and a spreadsheet, or RC Score Pro DB import to the master...

Just because the current people are not doing much, lets not shot the new people in the head before they step forward...
There may even be things going on in a good direction right now that we don't know about

Positive focus move forward
Just like the blinky deal, there may be things that work better for the masses, that a few of us aren't thrilled with, but if the end result is more racers, than it's all worth it

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #202
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Nicely done! Make MOD the class the one with the most meaningful "Championship" gives incentive to move up. Should be no national recognition for the bottom tiered classes. Let those guys, like me, have fun and them move up if we want to compete where things matter.

WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO PUSH PEOPLE UP TO MOD??????

What is the water in OH?

Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #203
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

What is the water in OH?
Because in all forms of racing the faster classes are the most prestigious!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #204
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Because in all forms of racing the faster classes are the most prestigious!
But not in RC the Stock class has the most entries and most do not like the speed, and Stock is comfortable for a large number of racers...

Old 09-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #205
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
But not in RC the Stock class has the most entries and most do not like the speed, and Stock is comfortable.
is not rocket science , if you guys want stock class make everyone in that class run the same electronics, like the COT class at the snowbirds, everyone runs the same esc,motor,and battery.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #206
Tech Elite

I personally don't see the need to push people out of 17.5. Unless they win a National Championship. So as of right now and this is my personal opinion take it with a large grain of salt. Dave Johnson won 17.5TC On-Road Nats--for the Nats I don't think he should be able to run for the championship. At the same time I don't feel he should be kicked out of 12th scale (unless he's won). I finished 8th overall I don't have a full ride on any team. I have zero % chassis sponsor. Why should I leave 17.5 yet?
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
Old 09-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #207
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
is not rocket science , if you guys want stock class make everyone in that class run the same electronics, like the COT class at the snowbirds, everyone runs the same esc,motor,and battery.
You are correct it is not rocket science.... and that was what suggested way back... But some feel this is End Of The World....

Here is the goal, to remove the Pros from Stock. Or another way to say it is to have a Stock class for the Average Joe can race with out dealing with the pros.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #208
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
You are correct it is not rocket science.... and that was what suggested way back... But some feel this is End Of The World....

Here is the goal, to remove the Pros from Stock. Or another way to say it is to have a Stock class for the Average Joe can race with out dealing with the pros.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #209
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:

What is the water in OH?
Actually I don't care who runs stock. But if we went as some are proposing and prohibited sponsored drivers from stock I don't think the class should be recognized for a national championship since the top competition has been removed. Leave stock open to everyone would be my preference. That said, mod is a tougher class and should have more prestige and draw than a class any beginner could drive.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #210
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Actually I don't care who runs stock. But if we went as some are proposing and prohibited sponsored drivers from stock I don't think the class should be recognized for a national championship since the top competition has been removed. Leave stock open to everyone would be my preference. That said, mod is a tougher class and should have more prestige and draw than a class any beginner could drive.
There will always be more prestige in mod. If I won a TC class in 17.5 and Paul won a mod class. People aren't gonna be talking about me. Plus 17.5 is cool but watching those mod guys fly around the track was Amazing!

Ohhh...btw mod 12th scale at Cleveland anyone....
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy