Search
Like Tree19Likes

Serpent Cobra GT-E

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blarks
Thread seems a little inactive, you guys still out there . Looking at getting a gt car and was wondering what peoples thoughts are on this car, is it becoming a little outdated? I am surprised to see in amain this kit is actually more than the new mgt7 eco. I have seen the serpent for around $100 less than the mugen here in Australia but I am thinking for the extra money is it better to have a latest model car as opposed to a car that is basically 3 or so years old? How much longer will parts support be available for the cobra? I do like this car and money is a little tight but for longevity maybe the mugen might be a better choice, opinions.

The car is bad**s. They say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I believe the car is so good , there was nothing really to improve upon. I started with the nitro version, loved it then decided I wanted to go electric with all my cars. So I sold the nitro and purchased the electric Cobra GT. The car if fast and planted! In 3+ years of combined ownership, I've never flipped the car(s) over, not once!
Old 11-13-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

There are also plenty of useful option parts. Oh and its about indestructable!
Old 11-13-2015, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thread seems a little inactive, you guys still out there . Looking at getting a gt car and was wondering what peoples thoughts are on this car, is it becoming a little outdated? I am surprised to see in amain this kit is actually more than the new mgt7 eco. I have seen the serpent for around $100 less than the mugen here in Australia but I am thinking for the extra money is it better to have a latest model car as opposed to a car that is basically 3 or so years old? How much longer will parts support be available for the cobra? I do like this car and money is a little tight but for longevity maybe the mugen might be a better choice, opinions.
Selling my GT-e, if you're looking to get a great deal on getting started. Already has the upgrade parts you'd need, several sets of tires to get started, and two different bodies to practice with. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...e-gt8-car.html
Old 11-13-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Yeah I am liking the look of the serpent, i know they are tough too. That being said mugen make a good car too. thanks stealth rt, but the aussie dollar is not so good against the US and I reckon postage would be expensive with a big car and included bits. I think with my current financial situation I'm leaning towards the serpent as I can get it here for less than the mugen. One thing that has helped sway my decision was the review on amain about the mugen having limited gearing options.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah I am liking the look of the serpent, i know they are tough too. That being said mugen make a good car too. thanks stealth rt, but the aussie dollar is not so good against the US and I reckon postage would be expensive with a big car and included bits. I think with my current financial situation I'm leaning towards the serpent as I can get it here for less than the mugen. One thing that has helped sway my decision was the review on amain about the mugen having limited gearing options.
Remember when thinking about this car that it's built on the 811 platform that has been out for years so there are loads of parts and they did do a revision last spring on it to bring the rear suspension in line with the buggys. I really liked mine and feel it's built on a mature platform vs mugen that is fairly new to gt
Old 11-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Is it true the Cobra GTE can only fit up to a 65 or 67mm long motor?
Old 11-14-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc4basher
Is it true the Cobra GTE can only fit up to a 65 or 67mm long motor?
Got a 77mm can in mine after some mod work.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
Remember when thinking about this car that it's built on the 811 platform that has been out for years so there are loads of parts and they did do a revision last spring on it to bring the rear suspension in line with the buggys. I really liked mine and feel it's built on a mature platform vs mugen that is fairly new to gt
Thanks D.a.v.e, yes once I get a bit extra cash I'm going to get the serpent I think.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

My serpent is a little over a year old has placed top 3 in almost every event I've had it in (and I am not that great a driver) and looks like it will get the club series this yr. My parts bill for the year? Nothing. Haven't broken a thing haven't used a spare.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

If you guys think the Mugen MGT7 has limited gearing options, check out mine geared to the moon doing 140 mph!

https://youtu.be/V32r86MpJ5s

This car is very tough and can fit very large motors. Im running a 1717 motor (84mm length, 48mm diameter) that fits with no modifications. I have also had a 1527 motor (104mm length) in there with no mods.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you guys think the Mugen MGT7 has limited gearing options, check out mine geared to the moon doing 140 mph!

This car is very tough and can fit very large motors. Im running a 1717 motor (84mm length, 48mm diameter) that fits with no modifications. I have also had a 1527 motor (104mm length) in there with no mods.
So is 18/44 the biggest it will take?
Old 11-15-2015, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

That was serious bro! I thought you were driving a missile!
Old 11-16-2015, 01:19 AM
Tech Addict

So is 18/44 the biggest it will take?
Im using the MGT7 nitro 2 speed shaft and 8mm mod1 pinions as spur gears as a spool to replace the stock center diff. The highest gearing I have tried is 37 pinion/ 29 spur!! Even more is possible!
Old 11-16-2015, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Evo 13
That was serious bro! I thought you were driving a missile!
Haha thanks. Just getting my quick fix for that need for speed! Haha. I go out to that street on the weekends since its the only time its clear. On the weekdays I use my Mugen for street bashing. The car is bullet proof and my true daily driver!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Haha thanks. Just getting my quick fix for that need for speed! Haha. I go out to that street on the weekends since its the only time its clear. On the weekdays I use my Mugen for street bashing. The car is bullet proof and my true daily driver!
What street is that on? I'm somewhat familiar with the Bay Area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.