R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default XRay Support... (Canada)

doesn't seem to exist...

Local track just keeps being told parts are on backorder, when the XRay parts shelves are dominated by empty hooks...

As I am new to RC and TC's I am glad I decided not to go with an XRay kit (i almost did) due to parts availability. As a newb I was sure to break stuff, yeah even on an XRay, so likely by now I would have been looking for another car with support as I wouldn't have been able to use an XRay due to NO parts availability!!

Curious what other locations in Canada are seeing? it as bad?

Who decides who gets a distributorship and what are the criteria? Or is this the parent letting down the family?
MartynD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 05:51 PM   #2
JD
Tech Regular

there is no problem with parts support here (Edmonton, Alberta) . My local hobby shop has a Ton of Xray parts....
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

parts support in not a problem here in windsor ontario.
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Airing your problems on this open forum is in bad taste.

have you even tried contacting the distributor on their forum?

Is your hobby shop not ordering parts, or possibly still trying to source them from Horizon hobby?

I have been to tracks all over Ontario and have always been able to find Xray parts.

If you'd like, feel free to pm me the name of the shop in question and I will have the distributor contact them to ensure that they are trying to source the parts throught he proper channels.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Actually its not my problem, thankfully...

Yes I am pretty sure the store is going through proper channels, but I could be wrong.

I would have bought an XRay had not ALL the XRay owners I know, had the same problem... finding parts!

I have a decent relationship with the owners and they keep ordering and being told its on backorder.. If a track owner can't keep parts for the cars in stock, he loses business, "Oh you broke something... sorry we can't help you, you may as well cut short your race night" I really don't know of any track owners who would want to tell their customers that..

Guess I do have a problem, I wanted an XRay, and still do for that matter, thankfully the TC4 is certainly working for me, and my wallet doesn't have enough room for a 2nd car just yet, let alone an XRay (oops and that price increase)
Old 03-07-2005, 09:14 PM   #6
Tech Elite

I'm sorry martyn, but I really don't know whree you're getting your information...the FK05 is selling for the same price in Canada as the previous FK kit was. The shops and tracks I've been to in Ontario have parts in stock. I had been running Xray for the last year and a half without parts issues (some items such as front sway bars went through a period of poor availability, but I made my own sway bar to compensate)...

I got a couple of TC4's in trade, and whereas the car seems to perform well and suit my style of driving, I have not liked the parts fit and finish and I have not enjoyed wrenshing on it...personal tastes may vary though...

I'm selling both my TC4's (Sunday actually) in preparation for getting a new FK05...

By the time you get the TC4 kit, carbon kit, Ti turnbuckles, and aluminum suspension monts..you are spending more than the FK05 anyway...so the price argument really only applies if you keep the car box-stock....

I know for a fact that the distributor inCanada is working very hard to keep parts in strong supply in Canada, and has also fought to keep pricing down as much as possible.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:24 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

MartynD:

Hi,

I run a Xray. my closest hobbyshop/track is 100 miles away and has very few parts. as for breakage after racing both stock, 19t and some mod. has been 2 "C" hub carries and a steering knuckle, and a shock end at Cleveland all season long (every weekend both days since OCT every round at Cleveland, Mi State Champs). I broke more on the TC3 we ran last year before Cleveland. as for paying more for the Xray.....I gladly did twice (one is for testing prototype chassis for B.M.I.) and will again as soon as the fk05 comes out you really do get what you pay for in this case.
I'm happy you that the TC4 is working out for you. just check for slop after a couple of months of racing. I sold mine after 2 weeks because of it.

Windorguy99:

Hi,

hope you have good luck this weekend. I couldn't get the time off work for the Meltdown race. also please e mail me your phone number. my cell took a dump and I lost all my numbers.
as you might know the B.M.I. 1 1/12th scale is still moving along. we are filling preorders now. I am running a 2gen prototype. (well Mini is) and it is fast, easy to drive in 19t and stock. haven't tried mod as of yet.......no motors (7x1)

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's really unfortunate that you decide to bash the distributor on a public forum without really knowing what is going on here Martyn.
I know the track you are speaking about well, and know exactly what the stock situation is at Canada R/C. You're right about the empty hooks on the walls there, too bad those parts are in stock and are only an order and 1 day away. I can guarantee you the problem here does not lie with the distributor. And, as far as a "Backorder" goes, in order to use that term it would mean that there was actually an "Order" for something in the first place.
If the track does not choose to order anything, there is not much the distributor can do. I don't think the track owners would be very happy if they were just shipped parts to put on their walls without placing an order for them.
There are a number of shops in the Toronto area that ARE carrying parts and if you speak with them you will find that they do not have any problems getting parts.
Customer service is a very important matter, and Canada R/C is trying very hard to work with all the shops to ensure they have the parts they need. You cannot force a store to buy if they don't want to.
snemi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:21 PM   #9
Tech Adept

XRAY parts are everywhere..if you look!

the new canada guy is doing an awesome job, considering what xray has gone through this last little bit. I have emailed the guy for parts and he has directed me to the shop that he last sent them to. what is better then that?

Are you the same idiot that posted this on the xray forum, and it turned out that it was your local shop that could not pick up the phone and place the order for you?

the only shops that don't have xray in canada are the shops that are stupid enough to still have stuff on order from horizon or shops that don't buy in canada in the first place. Is your shop ordering from hong kong or china? seems like those are the only shops that are having problems getting xray.
speed2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:38 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Indeed the local shops here have Xray in stock simply because they LET THE DISTRIBUTER KNOW!!!!!. I am not going to tell you that you will get the parts you want right now today but if your shop local to you does not have any in stock then they didn't order anything. Canada RC IS Xray IMHO and they have the parts support to back it up. Indeed you should get the FK05 and the car is very much worth it. If the shop close to you is not ordering Xray and it is an Xray you want then maybe you should check out the local shop that does carry Xray parts and kits and rest assured knowing that shop is probably ordering from Canada RC and getting what they need and ordered...... and IF (only an if) the parts or part of an order is back ordered that would only be because the manufacturer has not had them available. Once Canada RC gets their stock they ship without failure.
I know because my shop carries Xray and I run three Xray cars. Don't really need many parts for em as they are pretty tough but I like to have spare parts.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:38 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to gearguy

I have havnt had a hard time getting my parts, in some cases it has been damn near next day service. when you have a company branch out like Xray has its to be expected that there might at some point be a shortage of parts. I had the same problem with the TC3 when it first came out and also when i bought my yokomo GT4. But bashing on an open forum makes it look like maybe you just have something against Xray on a personel level.
gearguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 11:04 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

MartynD: Sounds like you might have an issue with your LHS... it seems all the other shops in Canada are getting there parts from Canada RC...? You might want to check again with the LHS...

As for the price increase... Not much Canada RC or your LHS can do about the swing in the Euro versus the US dollar.

Good luck with the TC4, remember the FK05 is on the way... would be a great first Xray for you...

www.bilsteincanada.com
Gordkoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 08:49 AM   #13
Tech Regular

+) well from all the responses (and no i wasn't the idiot who posted on this before) it looks like the finger pointing needs to go elsewhere, unless of course there is something personal going on between the parties involved.

There are other stores that stock XRay stuff, though I haven't been to look at their stock for a couple of reasons, one of the stores is always more expensive (sometimes considerably) and the others are too far away.

I believe in supporting my local track, and unless something is really priced out of line there, thats where I shop, so hopefully the XRay issue will be resolved in the future, or I won't be driving an XRay.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:53 AM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

"hopefully the XRay issue will be resolved in the future, or I won't be driving an XRay"

Maybe that would be best......tho you seem to have a bad case of "xray" envy you need to get over lol
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 08:55 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Supporting your local shop is always a good thing....
but your local shop also needs to support you the racer as well.

There is a large enough racing community in the Toronto area that there should be no reason not to support Xray. The decision by the hobby shop to not support the product and to lie about backorder status should bring up a big red flag.

Are they trying to work in your best interests? or simply to sell what is best for them?