R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Hot Bodies TCXX (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/654711-hot-bodies-tcxx.html)

wwddww34 08-16-2012 01:52 PM

Hot Bodies TCXX

HB just announced this today...

Next-Level Performance from the HB Team
http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/logos/HB_HPI_logo.jpg
Aug. 15, 2012 Press Release: #68299 HB TCXX KIT
http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/pa...68299_002m.jpg
The HB TCXX is the latest evolution in touring car technology from the World Championship-winning HB racing team. Champions never tire and never slow down, and the TCXX has been in development since the release of the last HB touring car. Now, with the will and spirit of World Champions behind it, we present to you the HB TCXX.

Balance
Taking the ultimate balance concept of the TCX, the TCXX features a battery position that is set inboard as much as possible, with the motor mount further to the left to help compensate for the light weight of today’s servos, receiver and speed controllers. The TCXX can also fit the TCX motor mount if you prefer to have the motor further inward.

Control
Huge number of option pieces from the TCX and TC-FD allow you to precisely control such parameters as roll center, front and rear arm toe, camber, caster and more. The TCXX allows you to fine-tune the grip with front and rear sway bars, a front spool and an all-new gear differential that lets you forget about the complex and repetitive tuning necessary with traditional ball differentials.

Chassis
The TCXX 2.5mm chassis is extra-narrow to prevent rubbing in tight corners. The 2.5mm woven graphite is of the highest possible quality. New carbon battery holders are included to hold the battery pack securely in place.

The inner pivot blocks are a new split design to allow the chassis to flex much more than is possible with single-piece designs, giving you more grip and confidence in the corners and while under power. You’ll experience a new level of control as you hold the racing line while racing door-to-door with your fellow racers!

The one-piece top deck ensures completely equal flex over the entire car. This gives you a more balanced drive and equal handling, with a much lower chance of tweaking the car after a crash. The fully symmetrical top deck features 4 mounting holes at the front and 8 holes at the rear bulkheads, allowing you to tune the flex for different traction levels. You also have a central hole to allow for the mounting of TC-style single bellcrank steering – the option is yours! The 2.5mm thick woven graphite is of the same quality as the main chassis, meaning it's the absolute best we could find. Finally, the top deck also holds a belt tensioner, which keeps the front belt in place during hard braking.

Bulkheads
The bulkheads carry on the TCX fully symmetrical design, and are the same front and rear, and also left to right. Featuring an extra-compact design, they allow you to run extra-long top links for increased suspension action, and the belts are also able to run as close to the centerline of the car as possible. Our eccentric cam belt tensioner is used to tighten up the belts as they break in.

Servo Mounting
The new aluminum servo mounts for the TCXX hold the servo in place more securely across the chassis for extra confidence and better driving feel. The TCXX is designed for a ‘shorty’ type servo but can fit standard-size servos if you mount the receiver on top of the servo.

Suspension
The TCXX uses many of the same suspension parts that the TC kit uses, with reversible lower arms for extra shock positions, droop screws, steel turnbuckles, plus easily adjustable parameters such as wheelbase, track width, anti-squat, toe-in and roll centre for complete adjustability. The super-narrow bulkheads are taken advantage of with longer top links, which make the car easier to drive faster through the turns as the allow the suspension arms more movement.

Fine Pitch Shock Towers
The front and rear shock towers are made from the highest-quality woven carbon fiber available. At 3.65mm thick, they easily support all the load from the shocks and wheels! These are extra tough, extra stiff units, with 7 front shock positions and 8 rear positions in a linked hole style, for extra-fine track adjustments.

Upgraded Shocks
The shocks fitted on the TCXX are an evolution of the units that came on the TC and TCX - meaning they are even better than our World Champion-winning shocks! The upper and lower ends of the shock body feature extra fine-pitch threads for the shock caps, and the bottom end uses a single o-ring design for minimal 'stiction' - that initial grab that an old and tired o-ring can give the shock shaft. An all-new aluminum spring retainer and spring adjuster are used for extra ease of tuning and a sweet new look. Inside the shock is a new PTFE 3-hole shock piston with 1.1mm holes, plus a PTFE shock spacer for extra-smooth movement. The shocks perfectly fit the full range of HB High Quality Matched Springs, #66961-#66965.

Twin-Crank Steering
New for the TCXX is a longer twin-crank steering design, which makes the most of your control inputs and gives you more steering throw as well as fantastic driving feel on the track. The aluminum bellcrank arms float on metal-shielded ball bearings for maximium efficiency and extremely smooth response. A woven graphite steering tower bar braces the steering posts for the best steering feel you’ll find from any of today’s top-level touring cars. The steering Ackerman angle is also easily adjustable with shims under the rack ball studs. Our drivers say this steering design gives them more corner speed over the older TC-style central steering system, but if you prefer the TC steering, it is possible to fit the center steering system directly onto the TCXX.

Full Set of Sway Bars
Infinitely adjustable ball stud sway bar mounts are included to let you instantly de-tweak the car so it's quickly ready to go for your next race. In the TCXX kit you will get a full set of front and rear sway bars to fine-tune the suspension at each end of the car. The kit includes 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4mm sway bars for the full range of HB options.

Centralized Low-Profile Motor Mount
The new motor mount sits completely under the top deck, and features two sets of mounting holes to let you choose how the motor mounts into the car. The motor mount is further to the left than on the TCX, to help compensate for the light weight of today’s servos, receiver and speed controllers, however it can also fit the TCX motor mount if you prefer to have the motor further inward, allowing you to tune the balance of the car without having to resort to lead weights.

Central Belt Layout
The drive belts front and rear have been arranged so the rear belt is on the left side of the car, with the front belt on the right side. This allows the servo and electronics gear such as receiver, speedo and transponder to sit closer to the centerline of the car, improving the balance over older touring car designs.

Quick-Change Layshaft and Pulleys
The TCXX uses one-piece pulleys fit on the layshaft with a simple pin fastening, eliminating the grub screw of earlier designs. The layshaft is narrower, owing to the more compact drivetrain design, and also uses a simple one-piece spur gear mount. With 20T center and 39T pulleys front and rear, the TCXX is more efficient at getting the power to the tires than older car designs. The TCXX can also use the center gears from the TC-FD for even more control in the gearing between the front and rear wheels.

Extra-Lightweight Front Spool
Every racing electric touring car these days is fitted with a front spool to eliminate diff action, greatly enhancing braking and increasing traction, plus the spool fitted in the TCXX is an extra-strong lightweight 3-piece design. The central part of the spool is machined from lightweight aluminium, then anodized bright purple. The outdrives are machined from steel to be extra-strong yet still light in weight.

All-New Rear Gear Differential
One of the developments in touring car racing where Team HB has led the way is the use of a gear differential at the rear of the car. This allows motors as powerful as 3.5 brushless motors to be used time and time again, without having to worry about the diff changing it's settings – truly a ‘set and forget’ part of the car! Let the gear diff on the TCXX revolutionize your maintenance routine!

Aluminium Universal Drive Shafts
The TCXX features new 44mm aluminum driveshafts at the front and lightweight, thin, steel driveshafts at the rear for the optimum combination of durability and light weight. Lightweight steel cup axles are used for durability and strength, with a thick 2mm pin for extra durability. The constant velocity design eliminates wasted power, ensuring that when you want the power to hit the ground, it will.

IFMAR World Champion TQ and 2nd Place!
At the world debut of the TCXX, Team HB (featuring 2 drivers with 3 World Championships between them) rocked the field with a dominating Top Qualifier position for Atsushi Hara, who then went on to drive brilliantly in the 3 A Final races. Hara missed out on snatching his third World Championship by thousands of a second, but proved that the TCXX has everthing that’s needed to be a winner straight out of the box!

tha Beast 08-18-2012 06:12 AM

any release date yet???

zenkikid 08-18-2012 09:17 PM

dont see the need of 2 threads honestly.

wwddww34 08-18-2012 09:53 PM

I searched for "TCXX" and I didn't find any threads with TCXX in the title. So I created this one.

zenkikid 08-19-2012 07:27 AM

All of the tcxx is in the Tcx thread

OnRDPassion 08-19-2012 08:01 AM

lol the tcxx is different from the tcx so why not a new thread? This is a great looking car. Now if there was only more on-road racing where I live I would be all over this!

olhipster1 08-20-2012 09:43 PM

New thread

Car deserves a new thread.
So let it begin.

new parts...new weight distribution...a new thread.

NolanP 08-29-2012 07:47 PM

So does anyone have any more info on the car? Exact release date? Pricing? I saw on the website it's listed at 900 bucks. But I don't know how to translate that into the hobby shop pricing.

wwddww34 08-29-2012 09:52 PM

The big online hobby shops (i.e. A-Main Hobbies, Stormer Hobbies, etc.) just show the TCXX as being "On Order". Still no solid date on when they will actually be available yet.
http://stormerhobbies.com/pics/hot68299_bf4.jpg

goots 08-29-2012 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by wwddww34 (Post 11152606)
The big online hobby shops (i.e. A-Main Hobbies, Stormer Hobbies, etc.) just show the TCXX as being "On Order". Still no solid date on when they will actually be available yet.

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow (Post 11146732)
I was informed by our purchasing dept that we should be receving the kits in this week. I just don't know how long it will take to reach to your LHS but it wouldn't take more than two weeks i guess?

Thanks for waiting everyone!

also amain has them listed at $499 and stormer was like 449$

Bob-Stormer 08-30-2012 03:14 AM

I was told we should see some soon. Exciting times! :)

MatJ 08-30-2012 03:51 AM

In the UK, priced at 350£

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/prod...car-kit-p-5282

Also says available in october :)

NolanP 08-30-2012 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer (Post 11153101)
I was told we should see some soon. Exciting times! :)

Any idea how soon?

Josh Hohnstein 08-30-2012 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by NolanP (Post 11153864)
Any idea how soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein
Is there a solid release date for the new car yet?

Hiro......whats the official word?

Before Vegas?

Hiro:
I was informed by our purchasing dept that we should be receving the kits in this week. I just don't know how long it will take to reach to your LHS but it wouldn't take more than two weeks i guess?

NolanP 08-30-2012 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein (Post 11154003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein
Is there a solid release date for the new car yet?

Hiro......whats the official word?

Before Vegas?

Hiro:

Cool I didn't see that quote in the TCXX thread.......

goots 08-30-2012 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by NolanP (Post 11154284)
Cool I didn't see that quote in the TCXX thread.......

Because its in the TCX thread. IMO I think it would be easier to search for info in that thread. Get rid of this thread and continue on in the original thread. Im just saying:rolleyes:

olhipster1 08-30-2012 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by goots (Post 11156450)
Because its in the TCX thread. IMO I think it would be easier to search for info in that thread. Get rid of this thread and continue on in the original thread. Im just saying:rolleyes:

Perhaps it would be nice to post here.

Every other car that comes out gets a new thread why not the TCXX..
Why not have a clean slate?

I am sure there are enough changes to justify it.

NolanP 08-31-2012 05:25 AM

I'm not going in to the thread marked bd-5 to read about the bd-7. Why would I got to the tcx for the tcxx. It's different right? Plus I haven't been following the thread cause I wasnt as interested in the car. Now the TCXX that sounds like a car I might be running.

wwddww34 08-31-2012 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by NolanP (Post 11157288)
I'm not going in to the thread marked bd-5 to read about the bd-7. Why would I got to the tcx for the tcxx. It's different right? Plus I haven't been following the thread cause I wasnt as interested in the car. Now the TCXX that sounds like a car I might be running.

+1

I was never really that impressed with the TCX, but the TCXX sounds a lot more enticing. Hot Bodies has learned tons of lessons from their current kits (TCX and TC-FD) and combined that knowledge into the TCXX. For sake of argument, has anybody looked at the TC-FD thread for info about the TCXX?

Fred Hubbard 08-31-2012 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by NolanP (Post 11157288)

Originally Posted by wwddww34 (Post 11157343)
+1

I was never really that interested in the TCX, but the TCXX sounds a lot more enticing. Hot Bodies has learned tons of lessons from their current kits (TCX and TC-FD) and combined that knowledge into the TCXX. For sake of argument, has anybody looked at the TC-FD thread for info about the TCXX?

I can assure you all that if you do decide to run this car you will not be disappointed!!!:nod:

wwddww34 08-31-2012 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard (Post 11157868)
I can assure you all that if you do decide to run this car you will not be disappointed!!!:nod:

Oh man! Now you just made it harder for me to wait until the TCXX kit is available for purchase.

Fred Hubbard 08-31-2012 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by wwddww34 (Post 11157945)
Oh man! Now you just made it harder for me to wait until the TCXX kit is available for purchase.

They did arrive a couple of days ago at HB USA and are shipping to the distributors.

stitchy 08-31-2012 11:47 AM

We will be shipping these kits out middle of next week! :)

wwddww34 08-31-2012 12:00 PM

That's great news! Now the next question is the availability of spare parts. How many parts (i.e. steering knuckles, C-hubs, Bushings, Pulleys, Belts, Shock springs, etc.) from the TCX will fit directly on the TCXX?

NolanP 08-31-2012 12:52 PM

I hope so Fred. I want to run the new car at the US Southern Nats badly.

Fred can you do us a HUGE favor and list part #'s of Hubs, Knuckles, Arms for the new car So I can order up some spares.

Whats Spurs fit the car....Smaller the better.

Fred Hubbard 08-31-2012 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by wwddww34 (Post 11158408)
That's great news! Now the next question is the availability of spare parts. How many parts (i.e. steering knuckles, C-hubs, Bushings, Pulleys, Belts, Shock springs, etc.) from the TCX will fit directly on the TCXX?

From your list:

Compatiable
-C-hubs
-Steering knuckes and hubs 68796
-Shock springs
-Belts
-Steering block bushings

Not compatiable
-Center pulley

Fred Hubbard 08-31-2012 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by NolanP (Post 11158552)
I hope so Fred. I want to run the new car at the US Southern Nats badly.

Fred can you do us a HUGE favor and list part #'s of Hubs, Knuckles, Arms for the new car So I can order up some spares.

Whats Spurs fit the car....Smaller the better.

Arms
Front Spindle & Rear Hub
C-Hubs

I will be using HB spurs which are Xenon based. For stock class motors I'm not sure what other manufacturer spurs will fit but the smallest I saw for HB was 110T which is 12 - 14 teeth too large for stock I believe.

NolanP 08-31-2012 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard (Post 11158613)
Arms
Front Spindle & Rear Hub
C-Hubs

I will be using HB spurs which are Xenon based. For stock class motors I'm not sure what other manufacturer spurs will fit but the smallest I saw for HB was 110T which is 12 - 14 teeth too large for stock I believe.

Fred thanks for the super quick update. Glad to see your on board with Hot Bodies. Yeah I saw that the lowest was 110. I am looking for an 88-96 if possible. Any help would be great.

Btw whats the internal on the car? Trying to figure out FDR so I can be prepared. I hope to pilot this car into an A-main at the Us Southern Nats and Cleveland.

Fred Hubbard 08-31-2012 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by NolanP (Post 11158639)
Fred thanks for the super quick update. Glad to see your on board with Hot Bodies. Yeah I saw that the lowest was 110. I am looking for an 88-96 if possible. Any help would be great.

Btw whats the internal on the car? Trying to figure out FDR so I can be prepared. I hope to pilot this car into an A-main at the Us Southern Nats and Cleveland.

No problem, you're welcome. 4.0 for 17.5 and 5.0 for 13.5 Blinky are ultra safe places to start. Anyone who runs stock please feel free to chime in here to help Nolan out with gearing and spur gears that will fit.

NolanP 08-31-2012 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard (Post 11158669)
No problem, you're welcome. 4.0 for 17.5 and 5.0 for 13.5 Blinky are ultra safe places to start. Anyone who runs stock please feel free to chime in here to help Nolan out with gearing and spur gears that will fit.

Yeah Fred FDR for the On-Road nats to make the A-main with my cars was at 3.12 in 17.5 and 3.64 in 13.5. But that was a huge track.

Just curious what spurs to run since HB doesn't make em super small. I was told an Xray spur will carry over which would turn out nicely.

Fred Hubbard 08-31-2012 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by NolanP (Post 11158724)
Yeah Fred FDR for the On-Road nats to make the A-main with my cars was at 3.12 in 17.5 and 3.64 in 13.5. But that was a huge track.

Just curious what spurs to run since HB doesn't make em super small. I was told an Xray spur will carry over which would turn out nicely.

Hopefully someone else will chime in here because I don't know what others will fit.

Fred Hubbard 08-31-2012 02:18 PM

TCXX eManual

I scanned my manual into a PDF for those who would like to know what parts transfer over and which spares to order but it's too large to attach here so if you would like a copy please send an email to [email protected].

wwddww34 08-31-2012 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard (Post 11158740)

Originally Posted by NolanP (Post 11158724)

Hopefully someone else will chime in here because I don't know what others will fit.

I'm not certain that the center pulley for the TCXX is similar enough to the one in TCX, but I was able to fit a 90-tooth 64P Spur Gear made by RW Racing in a TCX. I bought the spur gear from rc*hop*up5 on eBay. Click on this link to see the item that I purchased.

wwddww34 08-31-2012 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard (Post 11158750)
... if you would like a copy please send an email to [email protected].

Fred, thank you for sending the PDF so quickly. I saved the TCXX PDF manual to my www.box.com account so that anybody could upload the manual immediately.

To see the manual just click on this link --> TCXX PDF Manual.

Advil 08-31-2012 03:46 PM

At the Reedy I finished 3rd in the B-Main (my fault) running a Team Powers Plutonium 17.5 at 4.1. The straight at Nor-Cal is approx. 135'. Hopefully that gets you some data to work with.

Art

Fred Hubbard 08-31-2012 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by wwddww34 (Post 11158997)
Fred, thank you for sending the PDF so quickly. I saved the TCXX PDF manual to my www.box.com account so that anybody could upload the manual immediately.

To see the manual just click on this link --> TCXX PDF Manual.

No problem, you're welcome.

NolanP 08-31-2012 05:49 PM

Fred Thanks again. wwddww34 thank you as well for which spurs I can put on the car. I'm pumped and can't wait to get my hands on the new car.

markrobinson 09-01-2012 02:05 AM

I run X-ray spurs on my TCX.

Jamison R 09-01-2012 04:35 AM

Does the tcxx come with steel front shafts? It looks like in the picture that the rear are steel.

NolanP 09-01-2012 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jamison R (Post 11160528)
Does the tcxx come with steel front shafts? It looks like in the picture that the rear are steel.

Yeah it lists the steel in the rear and aluminum in the front. I know on the xray the steel is up front and aluminum is rear. I guess we will have to wait and see. I should have the double joint driveshafts coming too though.