Like Tree5Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Old 09-06-2012, 09:32 AM
  #91  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (100)
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Far away from Covid19 but close to 20
Posts: 4,111
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post

Maybe at a later date we can discuss why the motor was moved out 2.5mm just to make the new style motor mount work.............Which by the way it didn't look like Hara was running on his car.

motor can be changed to TCX mount.
just another tuning option for the car.
olhipster1 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM
  #92  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,885
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Oddly enough I have been shimming my motor our 2mm on occasion when I wanted my car to roll more to give me more grip. I also take the shims out for when I race in high bite conditions. As the TCX motor mount is an option and fits on the TCXX I would say that most conditions would favor the need for more roll (more grip). For those of us fortunate enough to race in high bite conditions regularly, a motor mount change is a tuning option available to us.

No big deal really...at least to me it isn't.
Advil is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 09:53 AM
  #93  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
95 % of the racing I do is on carpet. My main concern with a car is how does it perform in a high bite situation (big race).

Very rarely would anyone want to run their battery that far back on high bite carpet.
Running that much weight rearward on carpet will make the car a pain to drive........on asphalt I can see the need.......carpet not so much.

But hey, I probably don't know what i'm talking about so by all means continue with excitement of a new car coming.

Maybe at a later date we can discuss why the motor was moved out 2.5mm just to make the new style motor mount work.............Which by the way it didn't look like Hara was running on his car.
I've driven the car (Modified) on high bite carpet and haven't experienced any issues.

Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
motor can be changed to TCX mount.
just another tuning option for the car.
Yep, this is what I imagine Josh saw.

Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Oddly enough I have been shimming my motor our 2mm on occasion when I wanted my car to roll more to give me more grip. I also take the shims out for when I race in high bite conditions. As the TCX motor mount is an option and fits on the TCXX I would say that most conditions would favor the need for more roll (more grip). For those of us fortunate enough to race in high bite conditions regularly, a motor mount change is a tuning option available to us.

No big deal really...at least to me it isn't.
+1
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 11:25 AM
  #94  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,782
Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default

Yes I understand that you can run the old motor mount, I don't think someone should have to spend the extra money on it.

I also think that moving the battery back and not having any kind of option to move it forward to the original location is lame.

Fred: your telling me that in the few days that you have had this car you found a track that had high bite?.............not local track traction..........big race high bite!
I'm gonna call bs on that one. There are only a hand full of races every year with high bite.
Josh Hohnstein is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 11:32 AM
  #95  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
Yes I understand that you can run the old motor mount, I don't think someone should have to spend the extra money on it.

I also think that moving the battery back and not having any kind of option to move it forward to the original location is lame.

Fred: your telling me that in the few days that you have had this car you found a track that had high bite?.............not local track traction..........big race high bite!
I'm gonna call bs on that one. There are only a hand full of races every year with high bite.
I don't recall saying in the last few days but I have said many times that I ran this car at the beginning of the year, which was during our Regional race and it was higher bite. High bite is a relative phrase unless you are saying that you are constantly running on "high bite" that is equivalent to the IIC or Snowbirds.
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:15 PM
  #96  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (100)
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Far away from Covid19 but close to 20
Posts: 4,111
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

I just ordered one..
HB made the changes I wanted in the TCX.



99% percent of racers don't race on ultra high grip...
olhipster1 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:34 PM
  #97  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,782
Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default

Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
I just ordered one..
HB made the changes I wanted in the TCX.



99% percent of racers don't race on ultra high grip...


99% of racers race on enough grip to drag the motor so why move it out.
Josh Hohnstein is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 01:08 PM
  #98  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
99% of racers race on enough grip to drag the motor so why move it out.
You have the choice. Don't move it out. Just use the TCX motor mount like Hara did in Heemstede back in July.
wwddww34 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 03:00 PM
  #99  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (100)
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Far away from Covid19 but close to 20
Posts: 4,111
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
99% of racers race on enough grip to drag the motor so why move it out.
Congrats
every thread has one super duper troll.
U won the award for Hot bodies crybaby troll.


there are a lot of cars out there...go with something else.
Period.
Back to the thread
olhipster1 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 03:53 PM
  #100  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,782
Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default

Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
Congrats
every thread has one super duper troll.
U won the award for Hot bodies crybaby troll.


there are a lot of cars out there...go with something else.
Period.
Back to the thread
You truly are clueless.
Josh Hohnstein is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
  #101  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (100)
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Far away from Covid19 but close to 20
Posts: 4,111
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
You truly are clueless.
I think that would apply towards you.
You gave your opinion people read it.
I dont agree period
last i checked cars are not designed just for you and your 99% of your track time.
It is designed for 99% percent of everyone's track time.
olhipster1 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 04:15 PM
  #102  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,782
Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default

Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
I think that would apply towards you.
You gave your opinion people read it.
I dont agree period
last i checked cars are not designed just for you and your 99% of your track time.
It is designed for 99% percent of everyone's track time.
You gave your opinion and I dont agree.
You're taking the time to defend a poor design element that I commented on.
I was asked why I thought that way and I explained myself.
If you don't like what I have to say well thats to bad, I won't lose any sleep over it.
If you think that me defending my position on things makes me a troll then you are clueless.
Josh Hohnstein is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 04:33 PM
  #103  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (100)
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Far away from Covid19 but close to 20
Posts: 4,111
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

he NO likeee...designeeee....
it no workee for him

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
olhipster1 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 04:40 PM
  #104  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
You gave your opinion and I dont agree.
You're taking the time to defend a poor design element that I commented on.
I was asked why I thought that way and I explained myself.
If you don't like what I have to say well thats to bad, I won't lose any sleep over it.
If you think that me defending my position on things makes me a troll then you are clueless.
I don't want to be arugmentative here Josh but the only thing that I disagree with what you wrote is about the design being poor. With all due respect to you, your comment is baseless because you haven't driven this car yet. Yes you are entitled to your opinion, I just don't think it's fair to make that sort of assumption without actual proof to substantiate it. With the being said, EVERYONE can we please get back on topic. Thanks!
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 04:41 PM
  #105  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,885
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Stop that....sheesh. Both of you please give it a break or take it to PM at this point.

Please!
Advil is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.