Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Didn't sign up as Fred or Korey and maybe that's why I only got 5th
Old 04-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I haven't run the no cut out chassis yet since they haven't been easily accessible, but Fred and Hiro really like them. It's a tiny bit stiffer and makes the car more consistent and predictable.

Whenever you have cutouts in a carbon laminate, it makes it a lot more susceptible to defects and overall mechanical property fluctuations due to discontinuous fibers. That is a major reason why I feel Fred comments how it makes the car less sensitive to environmental changes. The car will change less throughout the day.
thanks Korey. i guess the no cut chassis is the one for me. i've been having difficulties with the traction of my tcx before. it handles fine in medium grip but when the traction comes in during the finals i tend to roll a lot. had this solved by using the smokem chassis. no cut chassis it is.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is it possible to rebuild the Hotbodies DCJ? I dont see part references for that...
Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoCoLapin
Is it possible to rebuild the Hotbodies DCJ? I dont see part references for that...
Nope. Its a one shot deal.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

WOW! I had my first outdoor race with the TCXX today and smashed my PB by 13.5 seconds! The TCXX was very different to drive compared to my previous car, the WCE Cyclone (converted to Exotek HBX).

The TCXX was so much smoother, calmer and easier to drive. Once I got used to using full lock for the slow tight corners, something that I never needed to do with the Cyclone as it always had too much steering, I was 0.8 seconds a lap quicker on my average lap times!

The only issue I had was with the front right drive shaft bending after a fairly major crash and roll in the first final. I have ordered a set of the steel drive shafts and TCX POM spool outdrives. Will the extra weight of the steel drive shafts at the front have a significant effect on acceleration? I also have set of TIR Titanium Pro 4 MiP drive shafts that I might try as a comparison.

For it's first outing I am seriously impressed! I can't wait to run on my local track and chase down that elusive 19 lapper. Well done HB!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So, with the 2012 Worlds people where trying shocks with 6 holes and heavier oil, cause Hara did this. Are you guy's still running this, or did you go back to the normal 3/4 holes and arround 500CST?

Regards Robert
Old 04-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert_K
So, with the 2012 Worlds people where trying shocks with 6 holes and heavier oil, cause Hara did this. Are you guy's still running this, or did you go back to the normal 3/4 holes and arround 500CST?

Regards Robert
Yes we do. It's always nice to have as an option for shock setups. We are still testing those new shocks that were used at the TITC 2013 but we still haven't tried the 6hole piston setups with them yet. It should be interesting to try the setup with them too.

Thanks,
Old 04-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dvaid852456
WOW! I had my first outdoor race with the TCXX today and smashed my PB by 13.5 seconds! The TCXX was very different to drive compared to my previous car, the WCE Cyclone (converted to Exotek HBX).

The TCXX was so much smoother, calmer and easier to drive. Once I got used to using full lock for the slow tight corners, something that I never needed to do with the Cyclone as it always had too much steering, I was 0.8 seconds a lap quicker on my average lap times!

The only issue I had was with the front right drive shaft bending after a fairly major crash and roll in the first final. I have ordered a set of the steel drive shafts and TCX POM spool outdrives. Will the extra weight of the steel drive shafts at the front have a significant effect on acceleration? I also have set of TIR Titanium Pro 4 MiP drive shafts that I might try as a comparison.

For it's first outing I am seriously impressed! I can't wait to run on my local track and chase down that elusive 19 lapper. Well done HB!
That is very nice to hear the car is working well for you! Please keep us updated.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Yes we do. It's always nice to have as an option for shock setups. We are still testing those new shocks that were used at the TITC 2013 but we still haven't tried the 6hole piston setups with them yet. It should be interesting to try the setup with them too.

Thanks,
You can send me a free set and I'll be happy to test them for you! (Can't blame a guy for trying) LOL
Old 04-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

I bought a used tcxx and broke a front axle cup. I believe it has after market dcj's. I bought new #68840 cups and they are to tight and the axle dog bone won't fit. Is there another part that will accept a larger axle or dcj?

Last edited by mxgregg; 04-10-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mxgregg
I bought a used tcxx and broke a front axle cup. I believe it has after market dcj's. I bought new #68840 cups and they are to tight and the axle bog bone wont fit. Is there another part that will accept a larger axle or dcj?
Hi

I use the spec-r dobbel joint for the tamiya 417, you just need shave very little of the c-hub , else Its a direct fit
Old 04-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HB-forever
Hi

I use the spec-r dobbel joint for the tamiya 417, you just need shave very little of the c-hub , else Its a direct fit
I want to replace the axle cups not the dcj's.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mxgregg
I bought a used tcxx and broke a front axle cup. I believe it has after market dcj's. I bought new #68840 cups and they are to tight and the axle bog bone wont fit. Is there another part that will accept a larger axle or dcj?
The #68840 cups are designed to accept 2mm pins. The older HB DCJ's had larger 2.4mm pins. The newer #68823 DCJ's have a smaller 2mm pin. You could use #68769 steel long cups that were released for the TCX. These cups have a larger slot. They are available in a #68770 POM version as well.

Since the DCJ's aren't cheap. I run a locked gear diff or a putty gear diff in the front so I can use blades to help keep drivetrain wear to a minimum and keep things as smooth as possible longer.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

No kidding new dcj's are $90. No one seems to have the optional cups in stock. Any ideas?

[QUOTE=ShaunMac;12028966]The #68840 cups are designed to accept 2mm pins. The older HB DCJ's had larger 2.4mm pins. The newer #68823 DCJ's have a smaller 2mm pin. You could use #68769 steel long cups that were released for the TCX. These cups have a larger slot. They are available in a #68770 POM version as well.

Since the DCJ's aren't cheap. I run a locked gear diff or a putty gear diff in the front so I can use blades to help keep drivetrain wear to a minimum and keep things as smooth as possible longer.[/Qkidding. New dcj's
Old 04-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

You could get a gear diff for the front or wait for someone to have the cups you need in stock. If it's like a lot of other HB parts you could be waiting a long time. That's why I went away from the HB spool. I couldn't get replacement cups when I needed them.

I currently have a converted Spec-R diff up front and the HB in the rear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.