Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.roche.hk/shopping/index.p...product_id=730

There is a one piece servo mount for the TCXX available from Roche RC that I have ordered a couple of to try. It looks nice but Im not sure how well it mounts as im guessing it uses the servo post hole and one of the centre line holes. When it arrives il post a pic of it on the car , might be a good alternative until we have a dedicated HB one in the future . And I think its a pretty good price!

Stef
Old 12-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, I have searched the forum and also googled but can't find the info I am after.... Maybe you can help....

Does anyone know if the front one way for the tcx fits the tcxx?

If it does, are there Prerequisites?

Thanks,
Ian
Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

does anyone make aluminum purple rear hubs, and front c hubs for this car, apart from 3 racing, another high end company like square, thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ipace
Hi guys, I have searched the forum and also googled but can't find the info I am after.... Maybe you can help....

Does anyone know if the front one way for the tcx fits the tcxx?

If it does, are there Prerequisites?

Thanks,
Ian
yes but you would have to use the older front axles.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Rookie

what do you guys think about this for a first on road car
Old 12-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

hi wondering if i could get some help. i no its a tcx but no one looks at that thread no more lol.

im after more initial steering. and basicly for my car to react more/faster and change direction faster. this is the set up im running at the mo.iv been trying different changes but not really geting what i want out of it.and I don't wana go to far off.as its prety close I think.
the track is carpet, small and tight, med grip an maby hits high at end of the night iv got a front diff with 1m i can also run. o and im runing a exotek xs lower chassis

can u recomend some things for me to try, thanks.

i dont no how readable the set up will be. i dont no how to make the pdf smaller so i can attach it,i can wright it out if no.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCXX-leverton.jpg  

Last edited by bob33; 12-30-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bob33
hi wondering if i could get some help. i no its a tcx but no one looks at that thread no more lol.

im after more initial steering. and basicly for my car to react more/faster and change direction faster. this is the set up im running at the mo.iv been trying different changes but not really geting what i want out of it.and I don't wana go to far off.as its prety close I think.
the track is carpet, small and tight, med grip an maby hits high at end of the night iv got a front diff with 1m i can also run. o and im runing a exotek xs lower chassis

can u recomend some things for me to try, thanks.

i dont no how readable the set up will be. i dont no how to make the pdf smaller so i can attach it,i can wright it out if no.
Hi

Try hole 2 front shock position and also all the front wheelbase shims at the front in front of the arm, 2.75mm . Thats normally what I run on carpet and often i reverse the rear outer shims the other way round sometimes also.

Stefan C
Old 12-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks stef.shal give that a try. (Its lukes mate,I asked u bout starting setup for ews at the last round of biws if u remember )
Old 12-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bob33
Thanks stef.shal give that a try. (Its lukes mate,I asked u bout starting setup for ews at the last round of biws if u remember )
Ah hey mate! Im planning to test on the winter national tyres in the coming weeks so as soon as I have il send my setup over to you and luke
Old 12-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Cool that would be appreciated.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by goots
Thanks! That is great news . Off to order some parts then!

Happy new year to all!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by goots
Is this what I need?

Thanks,
Ian
Old 12-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zaraz
does anyone make aluminum purple rear hubs, and front c hubs for this car, apart from 3 racing, another high end company like square, thanks
HB actually makes some really nice aluminum rear hub carriers in 1 deg and 0 deg options. They also make some great aluminum steering knuckles, but they have slightly different geometry than the newest TCXX stuff though.

If you want something with the current geometry, I', not sure that anyone actually makes them just yet.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What kind of setup changes do you TCXX racers actually do when the grip gets higher throughout the day?

My car is usually good in the morning and afternoon. But late afternoon when the track cools down and grip goes up my car is really planted and doesnt want to turn. Quick setting changes I normally do is either change rear toe blocks or stand up the rear shock 1 hole.

Does anyone have any advice for other quick changes to cope with track conditions.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I bought recently a used tcx with narrow chassis and lowered front and rear shock mounts, question is: would you rather base your set up with the old tcx with the wider chassis or base it on the tcxx. TNX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.