Like Tree5Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Old 12-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
Indeed there is something very strange on the CSO item, it seems to have three in-line holes on the bottom face and that's absolutely not what we have on the HB chassis...

and nowhere to mount the "battery stopping apparatus" with the screw and the three shims... very disappointed indeed. as far as i'm concerned, CSO improperly advertised this item in a blatant fashion. It is not designed for the TCXX as stated.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's what I first supposed... Just take the Xray version and paint it purple!

The wait is not over guys...
Old 12-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It looks a lot like the BD7 one too.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

What can I do to protect the motor as the terrain is more abrasive than a rough sand paper. I saw yoko guys have got some sort of carbon frame.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
What can I do to protect the motor as the terrain is more abrasive than a rough sand paper. I saw yoko guys have got some sort of carbon frame.
Hey Speed6,

To be perfectly honest, there isn't a whole lot you can do. If you wanted, you could retrofit one of those carbon shields, but all they do is partially protect the motor from impact. The key word is partially... an impact that would heavy damage a motor will also heavily damage the chassis, or motor mount among other components of the car.

The best thing you could do is raise your ride height slightly, but realistically you're going to get a little scraping on the motor almost no matter what from body roll.

-Korey
Old 12-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Do the tamiya DCJ's work on this car without modification? Also what suspension blocks are recommended in your pit box. Buying my first HB's chassis.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Korey, Fred, etc. Have you tried the alternate solid chassis? I know you guys run carpet with the car and higher grip. Just curiuos on results or findings.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post
Do the tamiya DCJ's work on this car without modification? Also what suspension blocks are recommended in your pit box. Buying my first HB's chassis.
The c hub (castor blocks need to have a small amount of material removed - shaved off) to fit the Tamiya DCJ and the inner bearing needs to the thinner type (10x5x3 instead of the kit one).

Depending on the tracks and class you might want to get the following blocks:

Frt - 1.0 split type and 1.0 solid

Rr - 2.5 solid type

HTH.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Thanks, so I'm familiar with tamiya suspension blocks. How does HB's work
Old 12-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post
Thanks, so I'm familiar with tamiya suspension blocks. How does HB's work
Hi Juan,

Are you really getting one? Give me a call on my cell when you get a chance.

Art
Old 12-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Hi Juan,

Are you really getting one? Give me a call on my cell when you get a chance.

Art
Don't have your number. Email it to me [email protected]
Old 12-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Korey, Fred, etc. Have you tried the alternate solid chassis? I know you guys run carpet with the car and higher grip. Just curiuos on results or findings.
I haven't had the chance to give the alternate chassis a go yet. By design, I would expect it to offer better stability in higher traction conditions though. I'll let everyone know when I end up trying it .
Old 12-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Let me preface this by first saying that all I run is modified so the advice I give may not apply to stock class racing. Usually I like a stiffer chassis because I like way it responds to my driving style. But I have been running the optional chassis since the IIC with the kit top deck. Usually when I run a softer chassis and top deck it doesn't have enough mid-corner response but running the 2.25mm chassis with the 2.5 top deck presents a good balance and response for me. I have been running this combination on carpet and asphalt and I've noticed that when the grip ranges from low to higher my car doesn't go through a "swing" where I have to modify the setup much to compensate with the different grip levels and it remains stable and easy to drive.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Let me preface this by first saying that all I run is modified so the advice I give may not apply to stock class racing. Usually I like a stiffer chassis because I like way it responds to my driving style. But I have been running the optional chassis since the IIC with the kit top deck. Usually when I run a softer chassis and top deck it doesn't have enough mid-corner response but running the 2.25mm chassis with the 2.5 top deck presents a good balance and response for me. I have been running this combination on carpet and asphalt and I've noticed that when the grip ranges from low to higher my car doesn't go through a "swing" where I have to modify the setup much to compensate with the different grip levels and it remains stable and easy to drive.
Thats what I want to hear. Thanks Fred

Fred when you first ran the stock chassis when you had just that right amount traction to balance fast and traction rolling did you find that the chassis helps?

Last edited by NolanP; 12-29-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

can i fit?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.