Like Tree5Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Old 11-14-2012, 10:05 PM
  #511  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
I don't understand the point of your question about how this would apply to the rear of the car because arm sweep doesn't apply. Let me ask if you understand the effect of running less rear toe?
Yes I understand toe in the rear. I think I said it wrong in a confusing way.
#68774 - PIVOT BLOCK RF (+0.5 DEGREES)
#68775 - PIVOT BLOCK RF (+1.0 DEGREES)

These blocks are RF, rear front? or I am wrong and these blocks dont go in the rear end of the car. I assume they are wider blocks and am wondering what they do
goots is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 05:31 AM
  #512  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 437
Default

They are wider blocks for the front end of the TCX, they do fit the front of the TCXX and would slightly stiffen up the front of the chassis (flex wise) because the screw mount holes are further apart, as well as make geometry changes.

I don't think they fit the rear because they would foul the rear belt.
cyclonetog is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 AM
  #513  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,885
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cyclonetog View Post
They are wider blocks for the front end of the TCX, they do fit the front of the TCXX and would slightly stiffen up the front of the chassis (flex wise) because the screw mount holes are further apart, as well as make geometry changes.

I don't think they fit the rear because they would foul the rear belt.
They have differnt blocks for the rear but mount to the same outer holes.
Advil is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:43 PM
  #514  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 437
Default

I know.
cyclonetog is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 08:23 PM
  #515  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for some info guys about the blocks. Havnt seen any info on them previously
goots is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 04:29 PM
  #516  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Dog Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,424
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone noticed that the kit servo saver isn't very 'stiff'.

Our top racer at our track test drove my car, and commented that it's wandering down the straight, and is somewhat sluggish when entering a corner, then all of a sudden it has a lot of steering.

We looked at the car, and determined that the servo-saver has quite a bit of give. With the car and radio turned on, you can quite easily move the steering rack - my guess is that when entering a corner, the SS is initially 'saving' rather than letting the wheels turn, but when it reaches it's maximum 'give', the wheels bite, and all of sudden you get a ton of steering...

I've put in an aluminum servo horn to see if this resolves the problem, but I would not, for obvious reasons, run this regularly.

Has anyone replaced the kit servo-saver with anything else? I see that there's an X-ray servo saver that's classed as 'stiff', and has four inner springs rather than three. The length of the arm seems to be shorter than the kit servo saver; it looks like the SS that came with the TCX...I do have two of those, and I may try those as a replacement as well..
Dog Bone is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 04:43 PM
  #517  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
b_recliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lewistown, PA
Posts: 521
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dog Bone View Post
Has anyone noticed that the kit servo saver isn't very 'stiff'.

Our top racer at our track test drove my car, and commented that it's wandering down the straight, and is somewhat sluggish when entering a corner, then all of a sudden it has a lot of steering.

We looked at the car, and determined that the servo-saver has quite a bit of give. With the car and radio turned on, you can quite easily move the steering rack - my guess is that when entering a corner, the SS is initially 'saving' rather than letting the wheels turn, but when it reaches it's maximum 'give', the wheels bite, and all of sudden you get a ton of steering...

I've put in an aluminum servo horn to see if this resolves the problem, but I would not, for obvious reasons, run this regularly.

Has anyone replaced the kit servo-saver with anything else? I see that there's an X-ray servo saver that's classed as 'stiff', and has four inner springs rather than three. The length of the arm seems to be shorter than the kit servo saver; it looks like the SS that came with the TCX...I do have two of those, and I may try those as a replacement as well..
I use the tamiya servo saver with a 3racing purple horn that has a hole at the same length out as stock. The horn is also anodized purple too so that's a plus. No worries whatsoever with this combination.
b_recliner is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 05:18 PM
  #518  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Dog Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,424
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Can you give me a part number? I'm familiar with some of the Tamiya SS's, but I'm not aware of one that let's you add an aluminum horn...
Dog Bone is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM
  #519  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Been also running 3racing horn with tamiya high torque servo saver. You could always stiffen up your saver if you add another ring
goots is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 PM
  #520  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Dog Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,424
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Again, part numbers would be really useful.
Dog Bone is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 04:59 AM
  #521  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
b_recliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lewistown, PA
Posts: 521
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dog Bone View Post
Again, part numbers would be really useful.
Tamiya 51000 high torque servo saver

3racing purple tamiya style horn 3RAC-HTS30/PU

different length purple tamiya style horn 3RAC-HTS3018/PU

Any "tamiya style" servo horn will fit the servo saver. I use the 3 racing ones because they are purple and therefore shave roughly .1 off the lap times, plus they are of excellent quality.
b_recliner is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 06:37 PM
  #522  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 33
Default

Quick question. Almost done building my TCXX, but I can't find this part. Looked on every sprue + bag and did a parts search on hotbodies.com which actually comes up with a different part.

Yukie is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 06:48 PM
  #523  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Yukie View Post
Quick question. Almost done building my TCXX, but I can't find this part. Looked on every sprue + bag and did a parts search on hotbodies.com which actually comes up with a different part.

The part number is for graphite bumper brace but the shim is 3mm X 4mm. Give a call to the office on Monday if you still can't find it.
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:35 PM
  #524  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 33
Default

Thanks for the help Fred. BTW, the aluminum hubs that I couldn't find before, I was able to find them. I'm sure I'll be able to find these shims too, I probably just have to look harder. BTW are these aluminum or plastic shims, so I have a better idea of what I'm looking for.
Yukie is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 12:15 AM
  #525  
Tech Regular
 
dvaid852456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 369
Default

Originally Posted by Yukie View Post
Thanks for the help Fred. BTW, the aluminum hubs that I couldn't find before, I was able to find them. I'm sure I'll be able to find these shims too, I probably just have to look harder. BTW are these aluminum or plastic shims, so I have a better idea of what I'm looking for.
Purple aluminium.
dvaid852456 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.