Like Tree5Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Old 09-23-2012, 10:32 PM
  #226  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
You're welcome Nolan. Yeah not too bad after only having about 9 minutes of track time with it on asphalt for the 1st time. I was able to finish out front in my Q1 putting me 3rd going into the Q2. I made couple of changes and the car felt really good in warmup for Q2 but I stripped a rear belt and was relegated to 4th overall going into the main. My plan was to get a good start and get by 3rd fast enough to stay close to Rick and Barry which I did but hammered 3 different times by other cars thus ending my run. But I am extremly happy with the potential!! We were still able to secure a podium spot with Hiro finishing in 3rd (Nice work Hiro-San!). Attached is my setup.
what is the effect of using the outer hole on the rear hub? Ive been seeing allot of setup sheets lately using the outer hole.
goots is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 11:29 PM
  #227  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,169
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by goots View Post
what is the effect of using the outer hole on the rear hub? Ive been seeing allot of setup sheets lately using the outer hole.
The car usually feels a lot smoother. I've found it tends to make the car rotate better in longer high speed corners as well, especially through the middle and exit of the corner.

Give it a shot
Korey Harbke is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 12:36 AM
  #228  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
The car usually feels a lot smoother. I've found it tends to make the car rotate better in longer high speed corners as well, especially through the middle and exit of the corner.

Give it a shot
is there a drawback to using it though
goots is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 02:25 AM
  #229  
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
No Losi 90, that shock setup is or asphalt. On carpet I'm running 550cSt and 1.1mm 3 hole pistons.
With pistons 6x1,1 I use oil 500 Much More and work very well... at the last race with 13.5 Boost I scored the two best best lap of the race, the ambient temperature was 32 c(90f).

Tyres Sorex 36

Track medium grip
AGNO is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:00 PM
  #230  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,433
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Sounds like I'm sol on finishing my kit. That stupid washer is on back order. I can't find it us or otherwise right now.
NolanP is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:56 PM
  #231  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Sounds like I'm sol on finishing my kit. That stupid washer is on back order. I can't find it us or otherwise right now.
The instructions say it's 4.1x11.5x0.2mm.

This might be close enough to work with a little massaging:

http://www.spec-r.com/default/index....roducts_id=162

ID is going to be ~4mm, so you could enlarge that with a file if it's too small. I don't know about the OD, but it's probably in the right ballpark.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 02:38 PM
  #232  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,433
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
The instructions say it's 4.1x11.5x0.2mm.

This might be close enough to work with a little massaging:

http://www.spec-r.com/default/index....roducts_id=162

ID is going to be ~4mm, so you could enlarge that with a file if it's too small. I don't know about the OD, but it's probably in the right ballpark.

-Mike
Thanks I sent em a message.

Anyone have one of these they are willing to part with? Odd spares.....Fred...Korey? I'll obviously pay for the part and shipping. I want to play with my TCXX this weekend.
NolanP is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 02:44 PM
  #233  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
With pistons 6x1,1 I use oil 500 Much More and work very well... at the last race with 13.5 Boost I scored the two best best lap of the race, the ambient temperature was 32 c(90f).

Tyres Sorex 36

Track medium grip
Nice.

Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Thanks I sent em a message.

Anyone have one of these they are willing to part with? Odd spares.....Fred...Korey? I'll obviously pay for the part and shipping. I want to play with my TCXX this weekend.
If I had any spares of these I'd send one your way bud. Hopefully in about a week we will have them in stock with our next batch of kits.
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:21 PM
  #234  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,433
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
The instructions say it's 4.1x11.5x0.2mm.

This might be close enough to work with a little massaging:

http://www.spec-r.com/default/index....roducts_id=162

ID is going to be ~4mm, so you could enlarge that with a file if it's too small. I don't know about the OD, but it's probably in the right ballpark.

-Mike
emailed Spec-R and its the same part. Ordered em from Nexus. Thank you!!
NolanP is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:25 PM
  #235  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
emailed Spec-R and its the same part. Ordered em from Nexus. Thank you!!
Good to hear!
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:50 AM
  #236  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default Brand NEW TCX for sale at a bargain price

this is not a for sale section

Last edited by Marcos.J; 09-27-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: issued infraction
speed6 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:55 PM
  #237  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

FYI I just got the word that TCXX parts are slowly rolling in
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 05:47 AM
  #238  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 183
Default

Hi did anyone else experience the shafts coming out with the steel out drives? Not tried plastic yet so will have to see. It just seems the shafts are too short for the cups is it the +1mm wider front or something else maybe 46 mm shafts should have been supplied? Thanks J
Jampot is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:00 AM
  #239  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
outtafocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calgary
Posts: 598
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know where I can find a complete parts list for the TCXX?
I want to order a bunch of parts when I order my kit.

Are the suspension arms the same as TCX? I think that is what Fred had mentioned earlier.

Any other recommendations on parts besides the usual rear hubs, chubs and knuckles?

Never mind, found the parts list:
http://www.hpieurope.com/parts.php?lang=en&partNo=68299

Last edited by outtafocus; 09-27-2012 at 08:26 AM.
outtafocus is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:05 AM
  #240  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,433
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by outtafocus View Post
Anyone know where I can find a complete parts list for the TCXX?
I want to order a bunch of parts when I order my kit.

Are the suspension arms the same as TCX? I think that is what Fred had mentioned earlier.

Any other recommendations on parts besides the usual rear hubs, chubs and knuckles?

Never mind, found the parts list:
http://www.hpieurope.com/parts.php?lang=en&partNo=68299
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/hotb...BodiesTCXX.htm

as well you can load the manual
NolanP is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.