Like Tree5Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Old 11-14-2014, 06:56 AM
  #2011  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Chrisgt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Beaver, PA
Posts: 591
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
Thanks Chris At least I know I'm going in the right direction, you're just running a shorter wheel base in the front than me otherwise its just minor spring differences I'm using HPI Silvers. Only surprise is that you were not using the Arrowmax chassis in VTA. My USVTA legal car with the Arrowmax chassis and NO extra weights comes in at 1553 grams and that is with the big TEKIN ESC.

BTW Which HPI spring is closest to the Yokomo Blues?
I just never ordered one for the VTA car, plus I figure the carbon flex helps in VTA.

Yokomo Blue springs are rated 14.8lbs
HPI silver are rated at 16.9lbs
Chrisgt2 is offline  
Old 11-14-2014, 08:13 AM
  #2012  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 876
Default

Originally Posted by Chrisgt2 View Post
I just never ordered one for the VTA car, plus I figure the carbon flex helps in VTA.

Yokomo Blue springs are rated 14.8lbs
HPI silver are rated at 16.9lbs
So the Yokomo blues are just slightly softer that the HPI blues (15.3). I was thinking LOW CG with the Arrowmax Chassis and using the carbon fiber chassis with the floating servo mount for flex on my 17.5 car. I never ran the VTA car with the TCXX carbon fiber chassis, just switched from the TC chassis to the TCXX with the Arrowmax chassis and that was a big improvement. Let me know what you think of the VTA car with the arrowmax chassis.
John Wallace2 is offline  
Old 11-14-2014, 08:24 AM
  #2013  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Chrisgt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Beaver, PA
Posts: 591
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
So the Yokomo blues are just slightly softer that the HPI blues (15.3). I was thinking LOW CG with the Arrowmax Chassis and using the carbon fiber chassis with the floating servo mount for flex on my 17.5 car. I never ran the VTA car with the TCXX carbon fiber chassis, just switched from the TC chassis to the TCXX with the Arrowmax chassis and that was a big improvement. Let me know what you think of the VTA car with the arrowmax chassis.

I think you should try the aluminum chassis in 17.5, and the carbon in VTA with thin top deck.

The aluminum may work ok in VTA, but my car works so well I wouldn't change it. The VTA tires need the grip

I have my car set to roll and rotate thru the corners, it never squares off and loses momentum.
Chrisgt2 is offline  
Old 11-14-2014, 08:36 PM
  #2014  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

can someone explain the use of the older TCX steering rack arms. I have never tried it and always used the TCXX +2 steering rack arms. Im just wondering why some setups call for it.
goots is offline  
Old 11-14-2014, 10:19 PM
  #2015  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (100)
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Far away from Covid19 but close to 20
Posts: 4,111
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default TCXX

anyone looking to unload a tcxx (hopefully with the upgrade kit). If yes send me a PM.
olhipster1 is offline  
Old 11-15-2014, 04:03 AM
  #2016  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 876
Default

Originally Posted by Chrisgt2 View Post
I think you should try the aluminum chassis in 17.5, and the carbon in VTA with thin top deck.

The aluminum may work ok in VTA, but my car works so well I wouldn't change it. The VTA tires need the grip

I have my car set to roll and rotate thru the corners, it never squares off and loses momentum.
I might try that for the VTA and USGT cars (both TCXXs), just have to swap out motors and batteries and add mucho lead for to the VTA (that arrowmax chassis is ~60 grams heavier than the stock TCXX chassis). I also have the thin top plate and the floating servo pod on the USGT car already.
John Wallace2 is offline  
Old 11-15-2014, 10:02 AM
  #2017  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 876
Default

Is there a US source for the Hot Bodies DCJ V2 part (HPI111191)? I Googled it and only get European sources.

BTW I also Google that aluminum spindle and found two sources that indicate they have the part in stock HobbyQuarters and Hoobywarehouse. I know nothing about those sources so I suggest you call and make sure they have the part in stock before ordering.
John Wallace2 is offline  
Old 11-15-2014, 10:05 AM
  #2018  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
Is there a US source for the Hot Bodies DCJ V2 part (HPI111191)? I Googled it and only get European sources.

BTW I also Google that aluminum spindle and found two sources that indicate they have the part in stock HobbyQuarters and Hoobywarehouse. I know nothing about those sources so I suggest you call and make sure they have the part in stock before ordering.
I actually found some on eBay - Phil's hobby shop - so personally, I'm good there if/when I decide to go that route. my TCXX works so well in its current layout, not sure how much I want/need to change
k_bojar is offline  
Old 11-17-2014, 02:29 PM
  #2019  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 876
Default CHRISGT2 SETUPs

FYI/SA Confirmed with Chris that the droop measurements on his TCXX setup sheets are measured "above ride height" not to the center of the outer hinge pin as might be interpreted from the diagram on the TCXX setup sheet.
John Wallace2 is offline  
Old 11-22-2014, 10:54 AM
  #2020  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 876
Default

I received an email from Amain that my backorder for those aluminum spindles has arrived. Anyone still interested might check back with A Main
John Wallace2 is offline  
Old 12-08-2014, 02:09 PM
  #2021  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 876
Default More TCXX stuff

I had been playing with setups on my VTA car and built a TCXX with an Arrowmax aluminum chassis for VTA. As I was building the car I noticed ChrisGT2 posts and his setup sheets for carpet, which except for the front end wheelbase spacers was amazingly close to what I was using outdoors on asphalt. Anyway I shortened up the front end to be like his and wow. I'm using silver springs and the Arrowmax chassis, but the rest of the VTA setup is pretty much what Chris posted below. The TCXX with the Arrowmax aluminum chassis is pretty much spot on the USVTA weight limit without any additional weight (check out the picture below - 1553 grams ready to race except for body clips). So all the additional weight (~60grams) I used to glue on top of the stock main chassis is now in the chassis for a lower CG. So far great results. Here are some pics. PS my cat, Clancey, is making sure the little guy in the car doesn't move.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCXX-arrowmax-1.jpg   Hot Bodies TCXX-1551.jpg  

Last edited by John Wallace2; 12-08-2014 at 02:35 PM.
John Wallace2 is offline  
Old 12-08-2014, 02:16 PM
  #2022  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

that's awesome, John - you're really trying to convince me to get that aluminum chassis
k_bojar is offline  
Old 12-08-2014, 04:54 PM
  #2023  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Chrisgt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Beaver, PA
Posts: 591
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default US Indoor Championships 2014

Last weekend was the 35th annual U.S. Indoor Champs

I was able to make all 3 A Mains in the classes I entered. 17.5TC, USGT, and USVTA

Track was tight, pretty bumpy, and super high bite.

Results:
VTA - Q'd 2nd, Finished 2nd
17.5 - Q'd 10th, Finished 7th
USGT - Q'd 3rd, Finished 3rd





Chrisgt2 is offline  
Old 12-08-2014, 05:04 PM
  #2024  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chrisgt2 View Post
Last weekend was the 35th annual U.S. Indoor Champs

I was able to make all 3 A Mains in the classes I entered. 17.5TC, USGT, and USVTA

Track was tight, pretty bumpy, and super high bite.

Results:
VTA - Q'd 2nd, Finished 2nd
17.5 - Q'd 10th, Finished 7th
USGT - Q'd 3rd, Finished 3rd





Great job!! Keep up the nice work.

Thanks for your continued support.
Hi-LowBlow is offline  
Old 12-09-2014, 07:15 PM
  #2025  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 876
Default

+1 on Congrats Chris

PS on my setup I'm using the TCX motor mount in my VTA car, not sure what Chris is using.
John Wallace2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.