Hot Bodies TCXX

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
thanks, art

one more silly question

I've notice that the TCXX uses a 1.5FF mount and a 1.0FR mount.. I've been running 1.5FF/0FR on my TCX...what will changing the FR to 1.0 get me?

or I guess better question, will swapping chassis (tcx to tcxx chassis) cause me any issues if I keep the same block setup?
I bet Mr. Crisp could write a few paragraphs on that one...

Less Sweep/straighter hinge pins
Moves lower shock mount out/increases ft shock angle
wider at the hinge pins should roll a little less

To me it settled my car down a bit and made it easier to drive. But YMMV on that.

No issues come to mind on your chassis question. Someone more educated than I am may have a different opinion. As far as bolting the parts on, the steering rack on the TCXX is a 2mm longer (they moved the holes back to make this work) and will have an affect on ackerman rate.

Art
Old 03-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
I bet Mr. Crisp could write a few paragraphs on that one...

Less Sweep/straighter hinge pins
Moves lower shock mount out/increases ft shock angle
wider at the hinge pins should roll a little less

To me it settled my car down a bit and made it easier to drive. But YMMV on that.

No issues come to mind on your chassis question. Someone more educated than I am may have a different opinion. As far as bolting the parts on, the steering rack on the TCXX is a 2mm longer (they moved the holes back to make this work) and will have an affect on ackerman rate.

Art
yes, I am sure Mr. Crisp can write novels about this

that's cool. I was just wondering what it did, since it looks like the TCXX comes with this setup, whereas the tcx was 1.5/0 - so I wasn't sure how much of a change this would be, or was it something 'required' with the TCXX

yep, I know about the steering rack - and I figure I have 2 options: a) but the +2mm arms; or b) just add +2mm to the rack I already have...

now to get me that TCXX chassis
Old 03-17-2014, 02:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi. I am sorry to ask what seems a stupid question (since I see no one else asking it on the internet) but what are the recommended servo specifications for this chassis? I bought a KO Propo high end servo with the following specs: 41 x 31.8 x 21mm with weight of 46.5g. But when I tried to put on the chassis, I noticed it could not fit ...it was just a little too long. I then did a search on the internet and noted that HB themselves say that "The TCXX is designed for a 'shorty' type servo but can fit standard-size servos if you mount the receiver on top of the servo". What does that mean exactly? I have not been able to figure it out at all.

Anyway, I have now resigned myself to buying another expensive servo. Can someone please tell me the specs to look for in terms of Length. Clearly 41mm is too long for the chassis.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Johnnypiston, I have run a full sized KO, Futaba, and a shorty Savox with no issues.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chrisgt2
Johnnypiston, I have run a full sized KO, Futaba, and a shorty Savox with no issues.
Hi Chris. Thank you for responding ...it has amazed me. Maybe I am doing something wrong then ...I am not sure. I will try again after work today and will take pictures if I continue to have the issue.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnypiston
...I noticed it could not fit ...it was just a little too long. I then did a search on the internet and noted that HB themselves say that "The TCXX is designed for a 'shorty' type servo but can fit standard-size servos if you mount the receiver on top of the servo". What does that mean exactly? I have not been able to figure it out at all.....
You do not have to buy a new servo. The standard one will fit. When they say "mount the receiver on top of the servo", they mean that you need to use double sided sticky tape so that you literally put the receiver on top of the servo. However, depending on how big your receiver is, you may be able to mount it on the chassis standing up. But I don't know how big your ESC is so that may be an issue as well.

But take a picture of the car with all of the electrics (even if it's not installed) and we'll be able to make suggestions.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Hi guys,

here are setup sheets from two race events. One is from TITC 2014 and the other one is from ETS Rd-3 Gran Canaria.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.

Hiro Kasuya
HB/hpi
Thank you for setups.

Where can I found the editable setup sheet with pivot block in 2 parts?
Thanks
Old 03-18-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by johnypiston
Hi. I am sorry to ask what seems a stupid question (since I see no one else asking it on the internet) but what are the recommended servo specifications for this chassis? I bought a KO Propo high end servo with the following specs: 41 x 31.8 x 21mm with weight of 46.5g. But when I tried to put on the chassis, I noticed it could not fit ...it was just a little too long. I then did a search on the internet and noted that HB themselves say that "The TCXX is designed for a 'shorty' type servo but can fit standard-size servos if you mount the receiver on top of the servo". What does that mean exactly? I have not been able to figure it out at all.

Anyway, I have now resigned myself to buying another expensive servo. Can someone please tell me the specs to look for in terms of Length. Clearly 41mm is too long for the chassis.
Hi johny,

Are you referring to length of of the servo from left to right? And you cant make it fit within the alu kit servo mounts?
Old 03-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me if I should uprade my exotek 2mm chasis, lower shock towers equipped tcx to tcxx( cheap arrow max chassis v2, top plate and +2mm steering, new 3hole steering knuckle, cso short shocks. total $170 ) or partially upgrade or play with the setup or.... sell it for cheap and buy a new touring cso-one v2? thanks for your help.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cup racer
Can anyone tell me if I should uprade my exotek 2mm chasis, lower shock towers equipped tcx to tcxx( cheap arrow max chassis v2, top plate and +2mm steering, new 3hole steering knuckle, cso short shocks. total $170 ) or partially upgrade or play with the setup or.... sell it for cheap and buy a new touring cso-one v2? thanks for your help.
I've got both and prefer the exotek chassis with the tcxx top deck.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thank you very much for your help!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cup racer
Thank you very much for your help!
I agree. if your running the exotek, and its narrower then the stock TCX chassis - then there's really no need to update to the TCXX-spec. I just did it to mine (except went from stock TCX to stock TCXX) and the 'only' thing I gained was a)narrower chassis; and b)the ability to run a floating servo (I didn't have to drill a whole)

I'd be curious to see where you found a 'cheap' arrowmax TCXX chassis, though
Old 03-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Go to the source. They are under $50 at Arrowmax-RC.

They even have that alloy chassis fad for cheap! lol
Old 03-28-2014, 05:02 AM
Tech Addict

Ergal vs carbon fiber.

Ready for test!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

where is your center axle support coming from (on the carbon car)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.