Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Associated RC 12 R5.2 >

Associated RC 12 R5.2

Like Tree24Likes

Associated RC 12 R5.2

Old 12-24-2013, 02:27 AM
  #631  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,819
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for that bit of info MrTyson; that's what I was looking for
JayBee is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 02:43 AM
  #632  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,803
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Thanks for that bit of info MrTyson; that's what I was looking for
NP

Merry xmas fella..
Me_MrTyson is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 07:23 AM
  #633  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,097
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Whats the mohawk? Similar to blakemarket? I have run that in 10.5 and liked it
valk is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 10:32 PM
  #634  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,803
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by valk View Post
Whats the mohawk? Similar to blakemarket? I have run that in 10.5 and liked it
Mohawk is the blackart 005 body with a fin down the middle
Me_MrTyson is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 10:24 PM
  #635  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
ToysRUsKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cinncinati, OH
Posts: 2,656
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

What do i need to change to run the crc spur gears that use the 3/32 diff balls?
ToysRUsKid is offline  
Old 12-30-2013, 04:39 AM
  #636  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
What do i need to change to run the crc spur gears that use the 3/32 diff balls?
Except balls(1/8 - 3/32), I think I read somewhere that you had to use a nonflanged bearing in the spur.
oddski is offline  
Old 12-30-2013, 05:33 AM
  #637  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Bern, N.C.
Posts: 1,566
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oddski View Post
Except balls(1/8 - 3/32), I think I read somewhere that you had to use a nonflanged bearing in the spur.
yes, when using a spur gear with 3/32 diff balls, a non-flanged bearing is typically needed in the spur gear. Also, it is sometimes necessary to add an axle shim or two between the outermost diff bearing and the diff cone. Those shims are sometimes needed so that the diff nut doesn't bottom out on the end of the graphite axle shaft before applying pressure first on the inner race of the outermost bearing.
vafactor is offline  
Old 12-31-2013, 03:53 PM
  #638  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
ToysRUsKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cinncinati, OH
Posts: 2,656
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I noticed on Mike Ivy's setup he has 2mm shim in the upper arm mount spacer. What does that do to the car? Right now I have zero spacer.
ToysRUsKid is offline  
Old 12-31-2013, 05:07 PM
  #639  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (50)
 
mike ivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Comin at ya from a distant galaxy
Posts: 2,811
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Hey Dorian

What that does is widen the the front. It makes the car more stable on really high bite conditions. But u loose a little steering .if u need more steering

you could start out with a half spacer and go up from there.

That setup I posted a few pages back is a starting setup for anyone running 17.5t blinky.

Hope this helps


Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
I noticed on Mike Ivy's setup he has 2mm shim in the upper arm mount spacer. What does that do to the car? Right now I have zero spacer.
mike ivy is offline  
Old 12-31-2013, 05:47 PM
  #640  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,819
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Tweak!!

This may seem a silly question but figuring since I don't know, I might as well ask.
Screws loosened around the chassis and rear pod to let the car settle and re-tightened, new front springs (same height btw), center pivot loosened as well and re-tightened, and all pins given the Mother's treatment. With that being said, using the coin method to set tweek one side has almost 3 turns of the side spring & the other side 1.5. After this I double check the car on my Hudy tweak station and tweak reads correct.
I hate not having the symmetry of both sides but is this something I should be concerned with?
This is with my 10r5.1 but I figured I'd ask here being that its just a bigger 1/12th. Plus I might run into this on the 5.2; not to mention that this thread is more lively.
All thoughts appreciated
JayBee is offline  
Old 12-31-2013, 08:37 PM
  #641  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,871
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
This may seem a silly question but figuring since I don't know, I might as well ask.
Screws loosened around the chassis and rear pod to let the car settle and re-tightened, new front springs (same height btw), center pivot loosened as well and re-tightened, and all pins given the Mother's treatment. With that being said, using the coin method to set tweek one side has almost 3 turns of the side spring & the other side 1.5. After this I double check the car on my Hudy tweak station and tweak reads correct.
I hate not having the symmetry of both sides but is this something I should be concerned with?
This is with my 10r5.1 but I figured I'd ask here being that its just a bigger 1/12th. Plus I might run into this on the 5.2; not to mention that this thread is more lively.
All thoughts appreciated
Looks like you covered everything. Did you lay the motor mount on a piece of glass to assure it's not bent?
haywood is offline  
Old 12-31-2013, 08:50 PM
  #642  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,819
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for chiming in haywood
The board I have is a 18"x 24" piece of 3/8" glass. But no I did not check for motor mount flatness.
I will get that done
JayBee is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 01:59 AM
  #643  
H I
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
H I's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,877
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mike ivy View Post
What that does is widen the the front. It makes the car more stable on really high bite conditions. But u loose a little steering .if u need more steering
I thought adding upper arm shim makes long arm set up, which should make little less camber gain, and adding lower arm shim make wide front set up??
H I is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:21 AM
  #644  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
bigcracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 589
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

That's what I thought when you look at the setup that how I would interpret it longer upper arm and narrow front end and if you add on the lower arm it would give you a wider front end

Does anybody have a Mazda 12th scale body that we ran in the early 90s

Thanks chris
bigcracing is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:41 AM
  #645  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 900
Default

The impact of changing to a long-arm set-up is very small. As the front of the car rolls less than 2mm, the camber change is very small.

Putting a spacer between the upper wishbone mount and the mounting block will give a long-arm set-up and less camber change. Putting a spacer between the mounting block and the lower wishbone will widen the the front width.

As H I says...
SlowerOne is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.