Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Associated RC 12 R5.2 >

Associated RC 12 R5.2

Like Tree24Likes

Associated RC 12 R5.2

Old 10-23-2012, 11:10 AM
  #136  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi Rick (or Keven),

Thanks for posting Keven's IIC Mod setup. Our club has made a strong push into mod, and I am finding that every little thing counts. I am trying to nail down the best steering geometry for this car. Could you please tell us what Ackerman spacer you are running on the servo mount? And since they're not all the same size, I suppose knowing which servo would be helpful as well.

Is this a setting you change for different conditions, or does it tend to stay fixed and you adapt the car through other means?

Grazie!
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 11:29 AM
  #137  
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,004
Default New setup posted

Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Wasn't Walt Henderson running Superstock in Vegas?
Walt Henderson - IIC - Super Stock 13.5
Rick Hohwart is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 10:53 AM
  #138  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
bhambrent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: B'ham, AL.
Posts: 2,026
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Just got my 12r5.2! SEC Football and a new car to build, sound like a good afternoon to me.
bhambrent is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 11:15 AM
  #139  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bhambrent View Post
Just got my 12r5.2! SEC Football and a new car to build, sound like a good afternoon to me.
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:45 AM
  #140  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 709
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default diameter size for king pin

Hi,

Need a quick favor, what is the diameter size of the RC12R5.2 king pin ?
ongbenghui is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:53 AM
  #141  
Tech Fanatic
 
Joost K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Eindhoven - Brabant (Europe)
Posts: 774
Default

The same as every other 12th. scale kingpin... 1/8"
Joost K. is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:19 PM
  #142  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 709
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Joost K. View Post
The same as every other 12th. scale kingpin... 1/8"
Thanks!
ongbenghui is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 02:09 PM
  #143  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (68)
 
Jim Frahm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

FYI

No need to replace the lower arms from the 5.1 kit. Just drill out the aluminum insert. Then you can use a 16mm button head screw going from the outside just like the 5.2. I actually like this better than the new arm. The aluminum insert feels like a more solid mount versus the countersunk screw in plastic. Not sure why AE redesigned the lower arm in the first place. Anyway, no need to wait on the 5.2 arms with this easy mod.

Jim
Jim Frahm is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 02:14 PM
  #144  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Mines sitting in the shop! I'm ready to start building!
B00t13g is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 10:54 PM
  #145  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Where should I start for 17.5 gearing using a reedy. Track is 100x60ish.
B00t13g is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 04:31 AM
  #146  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (51)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,809
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Where should I start for 17.5 gearing using a reedy. Track is 100x60ish.
Ours is 104x60... Finding the Reedy likes 104mm rollout, 40 timing. Also heard 38 at 106 but haven't tried yet....
Logi Maker is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 PM
  #147  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Logi Maker View Post
Ours is 104x60... Finding the Reedy likes 104mm rollout, 40 timing. Also heard 38 at 106 but haven't tried yet....
I'm sorry, but I'm brand new to 1/12th what spur gear do you reccomend? Once I know that, the rest should be easy! 82/68 with a 40mm rear? Does that sound correct. Also tire sizes for 17.5, minimum and max for starting?
B00t13g is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:36 PM
  #148  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,806
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm brand new to 1/12th what spur gear do you reccomend? Once I know that, the rest should be easy! 82/68 with a 40mm rear? Does that sound correct. Also tire sizes for 17.5, minimum and max for starting?
At our track start your Reedy out at 100 mmpr with 40* timing. Run a 72 spur with 43.5 mm rears and a 53 tooth pinion. Start your fronts at 42 or so. I suggest a yellow/black combo to start.

Our carpet is 90 x 42.
andrewdoherty is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 01:22 AM
  #149  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (11)
 
Paul.Spencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 143
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jim Frahm View Post
FYI

No need to replace the lower arms from the 5.1 kit. Just drill out the aluminum insert. Then you can use a 16mm button head screw going from the outside just like the 5.2. I actually like this better than the new arm. The aluminum insert feels like a more solid mount versus the countersunk screw in plastic. Not sure why AE redesigned the lower arm in the first place. Anyway, no need to wait on the 5.2 arms with this easy mod.

Jim
No need to do that either you can get the TC6.1 arm bushes.
http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/31322/
Paul.Spencer is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 04:23 AM
  #150  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (51)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,809
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm brand new to 1/12th what spur gear do you reccomend? Once I know that, the rest should be easy! 82/68 with a 40mm rear? Does that sound correct. Also tire sizes for 17.5, minimum and max for starting?
I use 76 with pins 58-63
Logi Maker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.