Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
The exploded view in the RS manual says they are Black YS-1465L springs all around.
Black BD7 spring YS-1460L
Optimal professional shock spring as Touring Car. And it is with 6.0 turns in 1.4mm diameter wire.

Black BD7 RS spring YS-1465L, softer than Black 1460L
Pro Shock spring of BD7 ver.RS for touring car. And it is with 6.5 turns in 1.4mm diameter wire.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
SJ- Single joint
WJ- Double joint

RS Kit springs look unique to that kit
Not standard BD7 White springs with Pink/Blue marking

Mac:
I also found this to be true with the 6deg chub, more exit steering, not so much on entry or mid

Man that Black Special kit wow
If you already have a Blue kit....
It's like the Hot chick flirting with a married dude
Thanks! I have been going back and forth about the BD7 or the RS. I have a nice 417 that I am looking to replace it with and deciding do I or Don't I.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for everyone's suggestions
I have filled out my setup sheet with what I have changed the car to, try next week, just waiting on a new R1 fan to arrive

Fingers crossed those small things help.

Beth.
Attached Thumbnails YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-sma-setup.jpg  
Old 11-25-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Droop.

Evochick - Have a look at your droop settings. Usually that's the first place I start, you'd be surprised at how powerful an adjustment it is.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by evochick
Thanks for everyone's suggestions
I have filled out my setup sheet with what I have changed the car to, try next week, just waiting on a new R1 fan to arrive

Fingers crossed those small things help.

Beth.
looking at your setup
For entry/mid understeer

1K rear diff
Front gear diff w 2.5m, fine tune, some like it, some don't
Lighter damper lube Fr & Rr
More ackerman

Racing4evo also has a killer 13.5 asphalt setup, his car was supa dialed outdoors
Old 11-26-2013, 12:41 AM
Tech Champion

But it's not black...
The photo car was missing some parts that were not ready. Floating mount was one, and if you look closely you'll see the steering bridge and spool were champfered by hand
Old 11-26-2013, 03:00 AM
Tech Regular

BD7 RS kit springs are awful by the way lol
way too soft
Old 11-26-2013, 05:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Helo guys i have just received my BD7 and planning to put spec r dcj on it. Ive been wandering whether i need to chamfer the edges on my c hubs to fit those?

One more question, does anyone have problems with servo mount? It seems that some might have been facing moving servo mounts when running the car. Is this a serious issue? How do i fix these problems?

Sorry for the repeating questions, but through my search in the forum i cant seem to understand the explanation given.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:55 AM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Noobi_Kenubi
Helo guys i have just received my BD7 and planning to put spec r dcj on it. Ive been wandering whether i need to chamfer the edges on my c hubs to fit those?

One more question, does anyone have problems with servo mount? It seems that some might have been facing moving servo mounts when running the car. Is this a serious issue? How do i fix these problems?

Sorry for the repeating questions, but through my search in the forum i cant seem to understand the explanation given.
spec R dcj will fit in the BD7 without modification to the c hubs. you might need to shim a little bit between the pin and the ball bearing. but that's it.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I run the Spec R V2 swing shafts and have no clearance issues with the chubs. You just need a .2mm shim to put on the axle between the bearing and wheel hub pin. As for your servo mount question, I do not understand what you are saying but there are no issues with the servo mount.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

I run the Spec R V2 swing shafts and have no clearance issues with the chubs. You just need a .2mm shim to put on the axle between the bearing and wheel hub pin. As for your servo mount question, I do not understand what you are saying but there are no issues with the servo mount.
I see thanks for the advice. With regards to the servo mount, i ve read somewhere here saying that the mount requires some additional spacer to prevent it from moving too much. They said sometimes the mount bend a little(flex) during corners and did not return to its original position during corner exit and the car failed to go straight.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gom
spec R dcj will fit in the BD7 without modification to the c hubs. you might need to shim a little bit between the pin and the ball bearing. but that's it.
Noted with thanks.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I see thanks for the advice. With regards to the servo mount, i ve read somewhere here saying that the mount requires some additional spacer to prevent it from moving too much. They said sometimes the mount bend a little(flex) during corners and did not return to its original position during corner exit and the car failed to go straight.
You mean this?
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/yoko...Reinforcement/
Old 11-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah thats it, anyone used the same method to strenghten their servo mounts? Or should i leave it as it is?

Just wondering whether it is a "must do" or just "optional".
Old 11-27-2013, 10:12 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Yeah thats it, anyone used the same method to strenghten their servo mounts? Or should i leave it as it is?

Just wondering whether it is a "must do" or just "optional".
I did it on mine. It keeps the servo from tweaking in a hard crash and can be done with parts most people already have in their spare parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.