Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aceinthesky
so when are the short shock towers and shocks going to be released.
with guess october
Old 03-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Went racing today, and 3 laps in, i was hit and broke my rear hub! and no spares! woo... I had spare parts, but i haven't recieved the graphite rear hubs, it was a stock piece that broke too...

On the bright side, it gave me an excuse to order a bunch of new parts and spares! lol
Yokomo BD7 Battery Guides
Yokomo BD7 CG Body Mount Support
Yokomo BD7 Aluminum Balls For Anti Roll Bar
Spring sets
diff hubs and gaskets
and i got a great deal on Tamiya TRF shocks too!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

Hmmmm,

just yesterday I raced stock 17.5 boosted with lrp flow worksteam and d2 17.5 (red can).

At the start it wasnt hitting boost, speed controller was just stuttering between maps. I sorted it out by resetting the speedo, worked the race after and did the same problem the race after that. Wtf?

Besides that, I feel i would be more competetive with a faster motor, maybe racing mod class. I was thinking maybe d.3 or d.3.5 OR i could go with the x20 5t as I have the flow making use of its full potential. I have 2 6900 lrp's on the way already.

Any ideas on what the speedo was doing? I had everything geared right and it worked perfectly in one of the races. Maybe I should update the firmware? I'm not sure.

And what motor would you prefer? Team Epic? Reedy? X20?

Im only familiar with nosram and hobbywing motors, thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bill K
Hmmmm,

just yesterday I raced stock 17.5 boosted with lrp flow worksteam and d2 17.5 (red can).

At the start it wasnt hitting boost, speed controller was just stuttering between maps. I sorted it out by resetting the speedo, worked the race after and did the same problem the race after that. Wtf?

Besides that, I feel i would be more competetive with a faster motor, maybe racing mod class. I was thinking maybe d.3 or d.3.5 OR i could go with the x20 5t as I have the flow making use of its full potential. I have 2 6900 lrp's on the way already.

Any ideas on what the speedo was doing? I had everything geared right and it worked perfectly in one of the races. Maybe I should update the firmware? I'm not sure.

And what motor would you prefer? Team Epic? Reedy? X20?

Im only familiar with nosram and hobbywing motors, thanks

Hey Bill, don't know what's going on with the speedy never been a fan of lrp for stock racing as they are not as fast as others maybe too much timing, go back to zero and work you way up from there. As for motors they are all pretty good and by the way nosram is the same as lrp only red.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 12scale
Hey Bill, don't know what's going on with the speedy never been a fan of lrp for stock racing as they are not as fast as others maybe too much timing, go back to zero and work you way up from there. As for motors they are all pretty good and by the way nosram is the same as lrp only red.
Well I originally had the speedy with boost, turbo, timing ect all the way up and it worked fine after i reset everything back down to blinky mode and redid all its settings.

With motor choice, I know reedy and of course the lrp x20 are a good combo to run with the flow. Tekin are the worst from what Ive heard, and the d.3.5's are simply illegal... so why buy one? lol

the x20 had alot of low end power from what ive heard, making it harder to drive for some. Whilst the reedy's have not as much making it easier to drive.

Being a power freak, I take advantage of all the power I can get - just wish there was a 'try before you buy' option available :P
Old 03-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all,

I really need ur help!

Yestarday, race prepartion for nats cup. We use Ride Rex34(Red) on Carpet.
Car is just undrivable with these tires. But working really good with Sorex or cpx.

No streering at corny entry, specialy in slow corner. No traction, rear is pushing front under acceleration.

Track is low traction carpet, very hard to find a setup. I tried softer shock(400 Yokomo), smoother diff, harder diff, different droop(finally 6-5)

But car still shit...

Nobody can help ?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Not sure what help you'll get specifically because that is the tarmac tyre not the carpet tyre. You say the car is good on other tyres, so it's not the car that's "no good"

Are you using tyre warmers? Plastic or Graphite arms? What is the rest of the shock build?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
Not sure what help you'll get specifically because that is the tarmac tyre not the carpet tyre. You say the car is good on other tyres, so it's not the car that's "no good"

Are you using tyre warmers? Plastic or Graphite arms? What is the rest of the shock build?
I know its for carpet, but we have 2 races on carpet..

No tyre warmers, my dad tried, but no really better.
Graphite arms

450 Yokomo, double oring, black blader, pink front, blue rear.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Kit arms may be worth a try then.

I've not tried 2 o-rings yet, but they will drag more than 1, so maybe worth trying 1.

Removing the steering brace adds steering, pics of Ronalds car from ETS had 2 top deck screws removed in front of the steering brace and that was also low grip on the same tyre.

Also I forgot to ask, if you haven't drilled your shock pistons to 1.1mm that seems to add some grip, 1.0mm changes direction faster.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

I'd suggest one o-ring, no steering brace, more droop in the rear (4.4 or 4.2), so shims under inner camber link in front and rear, 1mm on the outside front and rear, 1.1mm pistons with 450 oil in front and 550 in rear. This should be worth a try. 2000 diff oil. If you want more on-power steering than try 3000.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Also try ride height, starting at 5.0 front and 5.5 rear. Make sure you have the right weight transfer going
Old 03-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

how do you check your weigh transfer? I had to add 70grams to my car so it's at 1400g, i tried to get the car as balanced front to back, and side to side as possible.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicoo2k4
Hi all,

I really need ur help!

Yestarday, race prepartion for nats cup. We use Ride Rex34(Red) on Carpet.
Car is just undrivable with these tires. But working really good with Sorex or cpx.

No streering at corny entry, specialy in slow corner. No traction, rear is pushing front under acceleration.

Track is low traction carpet, very hard to find a setup. I tried softer shock(400 Yokomo), smoother diff, harder diff, different droop(finally 6-5)

But car still shit...

Nobody can help ?

Play with springs. Certain tyres don't like pink and blue. If you have HPI springs or Yokomo Springs I would start at a harder spring and work my way down.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

Originally Posted by nicoo2k4
I know its for carpet, but we have 2 races on carpet..

No tyre warmers, my dad tried, but no really better.
Graphite arms

450 Yokomo, double oring, black blader, pink front, blue rear.
2 things to try: Blue/Blue or Blue/Black on the springs and try 7/5 on the droop (measured at the arm).
Old 03-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can download or purchase an English manual? My kit came with a Japanese manual. I can build it with the kit manual but having the extra notes would really help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.