Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7 >

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Like Tree7Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Reply

Old 12-19-2012, 03:01 PM
  #1351  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by swimbikerun View Post
Given I lack all sorts of skills as a driver I really haven't experienced the consistency issues with the BD7 in 17.5. It seems the base carpet setup works well in low to med conditions but in high bite conditions it has too much traction. A couple of things seems to work when the traction has come up for me.

1. When the traction comes up I just swap to Jaco Blues from Sweep QTS32. This seems to work for the most part but only works if your rules allow for a few different spec tires.
2. I also found that running the wider 44.2 blocks up front, running the longer camber link positions up front, and using the inner hole on the steering blocks (reduce ackerman) works well if I had to stay in the same tire (Sweep QTS32).

On a different topic, how low of an FDR have most people been able to achieve with the BD7? With a 96t spur I can only fit up to a 50t (3.84FDR). Is anyone running a 84t or 88t spur?
I forget the exact combo but I've been around 3.0
NolanP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:58 PM
  #1352  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (98)
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 4,027
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Perhaps you could use

YOKMRTC-BD7-8675309 - Yokomo Mechanic, keeps car consistent from run to run. Requires food and lodging.
Quote of the Day.
olhipster1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 PM
  #1353  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by swimbikerun View Post
Given I lack all sorts of skills as a driver I really haven't experienced the consistency issues with the BD7 in 17.5. It seems the base carpet setup works well in low to med conditions but in high bite conditions it has too much traction. A couple of things seems to work when the traction has come up for me.

1. When the traction comes up I just swap to Jaco Blues from Sweep QTS32. This seems to work for the most part but only works if your rules allow for a few different spec tires.
2. I also found that running the wider 44.2 blocks up front, running the longer camber link positions up front, and using the inner hole on the steering blocks (reduce ackerman) works well if I had to stay in the same tire (Sweep QTS32).

On a different topic, how low of an FDR have most people been able to achieve with the BD7? With a 96t spur I can only fit up to a 50t (3.84FDR). Is anyone running a 84t or 88t spur?
I run a 92 in 17.5.
B00t13g is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:26 PM
  #1354  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,070
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Perhaps you could use

YOKMRTC-BD7-8675309 - Yokomo Mechanic, keeps car consistent from run to run. Requires food and lodging.

Have a great Holiday Adam, and say hi to Art.
No joke, you can actually hire Masami-sans father Masaki to be your mechanic at races. I have thought about it just to indulge a bit. A good chunk of change, air travel, accommodations and you have car tuner that made Masami-san a champion.

That would make a uber dialed BD-7.
MDawson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:27 PM
  #1355  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,070
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Oh I am around watching this tread...I am gonna be able to pick up a BD7 for 50 bucks here soon based on what I am reading.
Art - I'll raise that bid by a couple of bucks!
MDawson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 PM
  #1356  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Well my bd7 is for sale. I had a good day with it, but it's time for me to get a new kit.
B00t13g is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:46 PM
  #1357  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

What is everyone using for lube with the Kyosho o rings in the diff.
B00t13g is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:58 PM
  #1358  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,410
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Perhaps you could use

YOKMRTC-BD7-8675309 - Yokomo Mechanic, keeps car consistent from run to run. Requires food and lodging.
One of the best things I have read on rctech this year
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:25 PM
  #1359  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 160
Default

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
What is everyone using for lube with the Kyosho o rings in the diff.
Use automotive lithium or moly grease on the o-ring. I use Kyosho o-ring on my gear diff and on my shock. So far no leak.
minez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:38 PM
  #1360  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by minez View Post
Use automotive lithium or moly grease on the o-ring. I use Kyosho o-ring on my gear diff and on my shock. So far no leak.
Which o rings are you using on the shocks and with what bushing? P3? Orange? Clear? White bushing with 1 o ring black with 2 o rings?
B00t13g is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:12 AM
  #1361  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (80)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,930
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Which o rings are you using on the shocks and with what bushing? P3? Orange? Clear? White bushing with 1 o ring black with 2 o rings?
Hey Mackie
I check my shocks last nite and No sign of leaking ..I'm using the stock clear O ring and the car sat on my pit table for three weeks n/p ( I soaked the Oring with shock oil before I assy.
I using Assocated green lube for the gear diff...
OVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:29 AM
  #1362  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 160
Default

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Which o rings are you using on the shocks and with what bushing? P3? Orange? Clear? White bushing with 1 o ring black with 2 o rings?
For shock I use Kyosho P3 clear and for gear diff Kyosho orange color.
minez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:41 AM
  #1363  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by minez View Post
For shock I use Kyosho P3 clear and for gear diff Kyosho orange color.
Thanks man.

Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Hey Mackie
I check my shocks last nite and No sign of leaking ..I'm using the stock clear O ring and the car sat on my pit table for three weeks n/p ( I soaked the Oring with shock oil before I assy.
I using Assocated green lube for the gear diff...
Very interesting man. How do the shocks feel with clear o rings?
B00t13g is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:00 AM
  #1364  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (80)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,930
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Thanks man.



Very interesting man. How do the shocks feel with clear o rings?
it feel very smooth like the tamiya..40wt 45wt assoc.
OVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:10 AM
  #1365  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I really don't get what some guys are saying about the car being on and off.

This car is dialed. A local guy that just started out has had his for a couple months and the car just gets better and better. The BD7 is so consistent I'm actually building mine right now to replace my tamiya 417x which I felt was a lot more hit and miss but I still love.
Racing4Evo is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service