Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7 >

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Like Tree7Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Reply

Old 03-26-2018, 11:08 PM
  #7516  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16
Default Converting BD7 2014/2015 to BD8

Now BD8 uses 40T gear diff, similar to the BD7 2014/2015, hence is it worth to buy the components like upper deck, chassis, motor mount and the central 20T gear , front spool... to convert it to the BD8?
tc3driverhk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:40 AM
  #7517  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
b20btec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Posts: 1,143
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc3driverhk View Post
Now BD8 uses 40T gear diff, similar to the BD7 2014/2015, hence is it worth to buy the components like upper deck, chassis, motor mount and the central 20T gear , front spool... to convert it to the BD8?
I would have to say no. Without listing everything if add up those things you can easily buy a preowned BD8, you forgot about bulkheads also.
b20btec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:42 PM
  #7518  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
I would have to say no. Without listing everything if add up those things you can easily buy a preowned BD8, you forgot about bulkheads also.
Then we should stay on the BD7 2014/2015 platform, they are still competitive.
tc3driverhk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:48 PM
  #7519  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
b20btec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Posts: 1,143
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc3driverhk View Post
Then we should stay on the BD7 2014/2015 platform, they are still competitive.
The 14 is slow compared to the 15 with lower shocks and they’re all still competitive. 16/17/18 just a tick faster. I personally like the 15 and rotate to that car once in awhile.
b20btec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:28 AM
  #7520  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
The 14 is slow compared to the 15 with lower shocks and they’re all still competitive. 16/17/18 just a tick faster. I personally like the 15 and rotate to that car once in awhile.
It depends on the track condition, 14 may not be slow, the long shocks on 14 can help to generate more traction, especially for low traction asphalt track. The long shocks are more easy to setup than the slf shock sometimes.
tc3driverhk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:06 PM
  #7521  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,085
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default B7-SACF/B7-SACR

hello guys.
i have a question regarding those short front/rear arms convertion for bd7 2015 kit.
maybe more kits since i am not familiar with electric tourings.
what is the efect of use that sets?only front or only rear,or alla together.
in which conditions you use them.plus and cons.
thank you in advice.
GREGORY! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:50 AM
  #7522  
Tech Initiate
 
NumptyRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 31
Default

Ive just ordered the RTC kit for the '16, Could anyone tell me if it comes with graphite plastics or standard? Cheers
NumptyRacing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:54 AM
  #7523  
Tech Initiate
 
NumptyRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 31
Default

Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
hello guys.
i have a question regarding those short front/rear arms convertion for bd7 2015 kit.
maybe more kits since i am not familiar with electric tourings.
what is the efect of use that sets?only front or only rear,or alla together.
in which conditions you use them.plus and cons.
thank you in advice.
From what I can tell they take away grip, mainly used on carpet to stop grip roll with front and rear sets used together. I have them but still not had the chance to try them out as the grips never been high enough
NumptyRacing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:24 AM
  #7524  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (247)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,864
Trader Rating: 247 (99%+)
Default

Hello all,
I just picked up a nice used 2016 BD7 to run in USGT.
Does anyone have a setup for USGT out door asphalt?
Thanks
Fred Perkins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:04 AM
  #7525  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 5280 CORRC Denver,Co
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Just picked up a 2016 BD7, looking for a set up for High grip CRC Black Carpet if anyone has one. I will be running 17.5 TC.
Thanks
Grumpybrat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:41 AM
  #7526  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (199)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 28,716
Trader Rating: 199 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grumpybrat View Post
Just picked up a 2016 BD7, looking for a set up for High grip CRC Black Carpet if anyone has one. I will be running 17.5 TC.
Thanks
Yokomo BD7'16 - Andrew Hardman - ROAR Carpet Nationals - Pro Level RC - 06.03.2016


Yokomo BD7, BD7'14, BD7'15, BD'16 Setup Sheets
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:42 PM
  #7527  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 5280 CORRC Denver,Co
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Thank you
Grumpybrat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:18 AM
  #7528  
Tech Initiate
 
NumptyRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 31
Default

If I wanted to put the BD8 40t pulley set on a 2016 would I need the BD8 cam adjusters as well?

Thanks
NumptyRacing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:25 AM
  #7529  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
b20btec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Posts: 1,143
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NumptyRacing View Post
If I wanted to put the BD8 40t pulley set on a 2016 would I need the BD8 cam adjusters as well?

Thanks
It's not going to work without modifying the center pulley. The 2016 pulley is a 17T and every other BD for the most part are 20T. On that note if you stick with the the 17T pulley and get belts to fit you will have issues with the belts rubbing the top deck.
b20btec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:37 AM
  #7530  
Tech Initiate
 
NumptyRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 31
Default

Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
It's not going to work without modifying the center pulley. The 2016 pulley is a 17T and every other BD for the most part are 20T. On that note if you stick with the the 17T pulley and get belts to fit you will have issues with the belts rubbing the top deck.

Ok cheers, Ive seen it advertised as a BD7 option on some sites. I think I will leave mine as it is if thats the case
NumptyRacing is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service