Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7 >

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Like Tree6Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Reply

Old 01-07-2015, 04:09 AM
  #5191  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,383
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Guys

I asked a few weeks ago but didn't really get an answer I understood

What is it with the Oring: 1 or 2 field in the setup sheets? Most have two... how do you fit two orings in the cartridge? And why vs. the stock one?

Thanks!
Paul
Lonestar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:44 AM
  #5192  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 2,021
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I'm all about promoting peoples products.
EDWARD2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:28 AM
  #5193  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Guys

I asked a few weeks ago but didn't really get an answer I understood

What is it with the Oring: 1 or 2 field in the setup sheets? Most have two... how do you fit two orings in the cartridge? And why vs. the stock one?

Thanks!
Paul
You use a smaller spacer in the lower part of the shock body.
Yokomo part number BD-S2W
ATXPro4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:59 AM
  #5194  
Tech Adept
 
Jamesalex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 185
Default

Hi, currently looking over a mates bd7, running 13.5 blinky. I was wondering if anyone could advise me what cam settings the front and rear belts should be on the kit is a month old bd7 14 black.

Regards

James
Jamesalex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:02 AM
  #5195  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jamesalex View Post
Hi, currently looking over a mates bd7, running 13.5 blinky. I was wondering if anyone could advise me what cam settings the front and rear belts should be on the kit is a month old bd7 14 black.

Regards

James
Can't provide a specific number
What I do is set the belt so it has some tension (not tight), then back off 1 click
Make sure chassis is perfectly flat before you do this
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:51 PM
  #5196  
Tech Adept
 
Jamesalex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 185
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Can't provide a specific number
What I do is set the belt so it has some tension (not tight), then back off 1 click
Make sure chassis is perfectly flat before you do this
Many thanks, I will work on that basis.
Jamesalex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:15 AM
  #5197  
reg
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 152
Default

When I built mine,the stage when the belts are on early in the build,on the diff setting set to low and in the middle,it pulls the front of the chassis off the class plate,one notch looser and it was fine,probably after it's been run the belts stretch so it might not happen,just something to not though as you could build the car with a tweak
reg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:13 PM
  #5198  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 29
Default

Hi
My gear diff is leaking from the casing in my new 2015. It hasn't even run yet. What trick did i miss? Did you put some black grease around the o ring and gasket to seal it all up?
Thanks
Marc
marcvanderzon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:10 PM
  #5199  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,399
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by marcvanderzon View Post
Hi
My gear diff is leaking from the casing in my new 2015. It hasn't even run yet. What trick did i miss? Did you put some black grease around the o ring and gasket to seal it all up?
Thanks
Marc
Never had issues with mine leaking other than the gears need to be sanded down to make the gear diff butter smooth.
Jochim_18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:17 PM
  #5200  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 2,021
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Need some assistance with gearing a 13.5 blinky. What's a good range to work within? First time running 13.5 indoor carpet.

Thanks
EDWARD2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:51 PM
  #5201  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by marcvanderzon View Post
Hi
My gear diff is leaking from the casing in my new 2015. It hasn't even run yet. What trick did i miss? Did you put some black grease around the o ring and gasket to seal it all up?
Thanks
Marc
Are you sure diff half screws are all the way in
Also, is it possible you have over filled the diff ?

Had to remove .1mm from the backside of the gears on a 15' diff I built, but it doesn't leak at all, super smooth
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Never had issues with mine leaking other than the gears need to be sanded down to make the gear diff butter smooth.
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
Need some assistance with gearing a 13.5 blinky. What's a good range to work within? First time running 13.5 indoor carpet.

Thanks
Depends on motor, setup, track size/grip
I run anywhere from 4.0 to 5.0
LRP X20 30*
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:31 AM
  #5202  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,383
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ATXPro4 View Post
You use a smaller spacer in the lower part of the shock body.
Yokomo part number BD-S2W
Thank you, very useful

what is the impact on the shock performance vs stock one o-ring? t

Thanks!
Lonestar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:32 AM
  #5203  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,383
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

uh-oh - sanding diff gears... didn't do it Which ones, planetary (the big ones) or satellites? Thanks!
Lonestar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:41 AM
  #5204  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Thank you, very useful

what is the impact on the shock performance vs stock one o-ring? t

Thanks!
With the double o-ring it is easier to set consistent rebound.
LloydLoar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:48 PM
  #5205  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 29
Default

Thanks for the input. I rebuilt the diff with some magic black grease. Lets see if it still leaks.
marcvanderzon is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service