Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fitforbattle
All right guys, while you're considering buying a new 15 I'm considering getting an extra 13 or 14 for spec racing.

Pm with offers if you're willing to ship your old car across the pond. Rollers or ARR doesn't matter.
bd7 2015 kit should be in store around 15th October 2014...

the perfect upgrade for the car would be Roche FLoating Servo Mount, Roche Spring Steel Spool cup and Roche Spring STeel ECS.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kschu
bd7 2015 kit should be in store around 15th October 2014...

the perfect upgrade for the car would be Roche FLoating Servo Mount, Roche Spring Steel Spool cup and Roche Spring STeel ECS.

Don't have the funds for a '15 at the moment... But it would be nice to build a new kit again.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm just a local racer not a travel guy, and I have plenty of spare stuff from my BD5's will the 15 be that much better?? and will it be $200 more??
Old 10-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TB03Racer09
Seriously, there is no floating servo mount! How is the servo attached then, in the photo, the outer side of the servo has the ears removed. I feel better that I'm getting the Tamiya now hahaha
Shoe Goo?? ..... with the servo mount you get tweak... use shoe goo to attache the servo! Please....
Old 10-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I wonder if there will be a BD7 15 conversion available? That would really boost up sales
Old 10-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TB03Racer09
Seriously, there is no floating servo mount! How is the servo attached then, in the photo, the outer side of the servo has the ears removed. I feel better that I'm getting the Tamiya now hahaha
I think the Xray floating servo mount is better than both the Yokomo and the Tamiya and replaced them in both cars, so for me it's a good thing the kit doesn't include it. Some people comment the Xray allows flex and that is true. When the servo is not attached. When it is, I challenge anyone to find any problem with flex. NOt to mention that I don't see that as a problem. The alloy mounts won't flex (much) but they will distort if push comes to shove. I prefer something that will spring back.

But I think that's all academic. The most important feature I adopted the Xray for is its versatility and aesthetics.

By the way, it is a direct fit on both Tamiya and Yokomo chassies.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by niznai
I think the Xray floating servo mount is better than both the Yokomo and the Tamiya and replaced them in both cars, so for me it's a good thing the kit doesn't include it. Some people comment the Xray allows flex and that is true. When the servo is not attached. When it is, I challenge anyone to find any problem with flex. NOt to mention that I don't see that as a problem. The alloy mounts won't flex (much) but they will distort if push comes to shove. I prefer something that will spring back.

But I think that's all academic. The most important feature I adopted the Xray for is its versatility and aesthetics.

By the way, it is a direct fit on both Tamiya and Yokomo chassies.
So u think the optimized orange servo mount is better really!!...
That think is ever going any where even my car.
Since the servo on my bd7 but touch the chassic, I can't really see why the xray one should be better. I don't think the xray one would spring back since the chassic apparently break if u don't drive the bumper bracer, so spring is not conna happen with there low quality carbon they use.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCmcDriver
So u think the optimized orange servo mount is better really!!...
I don't think the xray one would spring back since the chassic apparently break if u don't drive the bumper bracer, so spring is not conna happen with there low quality carbon they use.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

In preparation for the arrival of my BD7 15 I've ordered the Titanium Main Gear Shaft, Titanium Turnbuckle Set, P3 O-Ring Collar and High Grade Silicone Shock O-Ring Set (Blue), any other recommendations?
Old 10-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
In preparation for the arrival of my BD7 15 I've ordered the Titanium Main Gear Shaft, Titanium Turnbuckle Set, P3 O-Ring Collar and High Grade Silicone Shock O-Ring Set (Blue), any other recommendations?
Sounds good, you could also order TI coated shock shafts and eyelets. Maybe order the option blatter.

I'm trying to do the same as you.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Aside from everything else that's needed I hope. DCJ's up front, Floating servo mount, alu rears...
At least you get lipo mounts/stoppers in the box

Ti screws are nice to have.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fitforbattle
Aside from everything else that's needed I hope. DCJ's up front, Floating servo mount, alu rears...
At least you get lipo mounts/stoppers in the box

Ti screws are nice to have.
Lucky for that my kit comes with the Roche floating servo mount and DCJ's
Old 10-03-2014, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Here a video from Yokomo on the BD7 2015 but it is not in english. I watched it anyway.: http://youtu.be/YQduTCnzD5k?list=UU2...Rt3nmdp9KTiaFQ
Old 10-03-2014, 04:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Lucky for that my kit comes with the Roche floating servo mount and DCJ's
You'll be dangerous come race day.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:34 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evochick
Roche DJC and spool outdrives for the win !!!! while the yokomo DJC's ore ok, they do eventually break.

Beth.
As I learnt last night 🙈🙈

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.