Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi CoreyW, you stated that your setup and Ronald's are basicly same except front springs at IIC. Is it also the case with your droop settings?
Old 10-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I tried some of those setups. But none helped with the back end stepping out. What really helped out was raising the rear inner camber link with 2mm shims. That tightened the back end a lot. With that problem solved I can now work on gaining some steering back. Gonna start back with Team Yokomo Basic carpet setup, but with 2mm rear link shim and go from there. Feels good to finally get a "grip" on things.... pun intended...
Old 10-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Well I tried some of those setups. But none helped with the back end stepping out. What really helped out was raising the rear inner camber link with 2mm shims. That tightened the back end a lot. With that problem solved I can now work on gaining some steering back. Gonna start back with Team Yokomo Basic carpet setup, but with 2mm rear link shim and go from there. Feels good to finally get a "grip" on things.... pun intended...
jimmy, please post up your setups
Old 10-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kschu
jimmy, please post up your setups
I didn't like what I had because I was just trying anything to get rid of the back end from coming around. For the main I tried the 2mm rear camber link shim and it worked, but I had some push at certain parts of the track. Next weekend I'll get a setup posted for sure since I know what the car needs to keep the back end planted. Just start with Volker's Basic Indoor Setup or the Basic Carpet Setup posted on TeamYokomo website. Then change rear inner camber link to 2mm shim. Go from there. This will be my starting setup for next weekend.
http://www.teamyokomo.com/download/s...ing_carpet.pdf

Or

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/yoko...orSetup201211/
Old 10-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Hardman's setup may even work with this change. Worth a try for those with the rear end traction problem.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone looking for japan nats pack,look here. http://www.rabhobbies.com.au/estore/...ducts_id/11812
Old 10-21-2013, 06:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fasfury
Hi CoreyW, you stated that your setup and Ronald's are basicly same except front springs at IIC. Is it also the case with your droop settings?
Nearly identical - we were running a little less rear droop(.5mm). Rebound would be the only other difference(+/- 10%) but again, nearly identical.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Ronald Voelker winning first final at mibosport cup this weekend:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the tip on kyosho o rings for the diff, have ordered them today
Old 10-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andy3000
Ronald Voelker winning first final at mibosport cup this weekend:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

WOW, simply WOW !
Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys. Has anyone tried to run the car with a geardiff in front?
Old 10-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gerrie
I did this past weekend. I ran it with 2.5M diff lube. It tamed the car down a little but I was fighting the rear end looseness all day long till the main. So I cannot comment too much on it. I'm gonna run it some more this weekend once I get a good setup and then compare it to a spool.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I did this past weekend. I ran it with 2.5M diff lube. It tamed the car down a little but I was fighting the rear end looseness all day long till the main. So I cannot comment too much on it. I'm gonna run it some more this weekend once I get a good setup and then compare it to a spool.
hey jimmy how you been bud you been racing at ho b max in nc I'm might come down and race this weekend with you and tag I'm getting my mi5 dialed in
Old 10-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gerrie
It calms the steering down a lot so you can look at it from different shaded glasses. It dulls the steering and responsiveness, OR, it makes the car calmer and easier to drive. You definitely loose a good bit of forward traction out of the sharp and slow corners that lead into a straight.

I've been running a front diff on carpet and a spool outdoors, but the lap times are very close between the two. If I had to pick one, I like the spool all around, its harder to drive but is faster especially as you move to higher powered motors.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:43 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
It calms the steering down a lot so you can look at it from different shaded glasses. It dulls the steering and responsiveness, OR, it makes the car calmer and easier to drive. You definitely loose a good bit of forward traction out of the sharp and slow corners that lead into a straight.

I've been running a front diff on carpet and a spool outdoors, but the lap times are very close between the two. If I had to pick one, I like the spool all around, its harder to drive but is faster especially as you move to higher powered motors.
I agreed..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.