Wiki Posts
Search

T.M. Tires User Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default T.M. Tires User Thread

Tony M. of T.M. Tires along with his racing team will be through to answer technical questions and give product information and suggestions regarding T.M. Racing Products. Some of the team consist of Kevin K., James Arnold, R.King and myself along with a strong carpet oval team.

Well, fire away...(umm, that probably wasn't the best way to put that, LOL)
Old 09-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey dave,

i see you got your halloween entry form in. well done!

thanks,

- chris

Last edited by seaball; 09-16-2004 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I just wanted to say hello and I'm glad to be part of the team.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Chris, glad to hear from you. I am definitely looking forward to the H.C. that track is first rate and people are friendly.

B.Barry glad to hear that you are on the team. Tony M. will be glad to see as much of his team as possible contributing and working with people on the thread. Stop in often.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

B. Barry by the way i noticed that you are in N.J. where is the closest carpet track that races 12th scale to Trenton? We have a client up there and i might be able to take my stuff once in a while when i'm up there so that i can practice or race.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Dave.....Thanks for starting this thread up. Im very thankful for the opportunity that Tony has extended to me. The tires work very well and he does offer all the compounds that the big names do. For Sedan tires TM offers Plaids and Purples.....Plaid2's(which are like a Trinity Cyan Magenta with an Orange outer ring) and Magenta's.....along with many other compounds. They also do offer Nitro foam tires as well. And the best part about the TM sedan tires is that they are on a split spoke rim and it looks better then the atypical dish rims and they are offered in Black and White. The rims are also bigger in diameter so they clear your suspension on your car easier or on nitro cars you can get to the pillow balls easier. You can check out the website for more info at http://www.tm-rc-racingcomponents.com/index.htm If anyone has any questions about any of the TM products or foam tires in general please feel free to ask them.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks kev for the info. I'm looking at Plaid 2 for 12th mod this season and i think Black Dot fronts will also be good at some high bite tracks, we will see. So far Pink rears for 12th mod are standard. Maybe we can get James to chime in about 12th stock tires and Rob on some more TC options. It will also be good to get some of the Oval Team on to let everyone know what they like.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

T.M. tires helps to sponsor the florida oval series. i can tell you that tony is a super nice guy and his stuff is top notch! we have given away about 40 pairs of T.M. tires in our raffle and not one complaint about quality. i know there are alot of tires out there to buy..to me sometimes it comes down to customer support,not fancy adds in magazines. i cannot say enough about tony and T.M. tires.. it's ashame most hoby shops only carry 2 brands of tires... give tony a call and you will know the difference...

thanks again tony for supporting the focar series in 2004 i realy look forward to 2005 and beyond..you have helped make the series first year a complete success! william sell
Old 09-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

kev...

who else sells these tires...just wondering if they are available to buy on other sites/places on then their own website. since i'm guessing the site list the prices as full msrp :P

let me know...so you can whoop me with them
Old 09-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default All in the Family

I am part of the family too. I have used T.M. wheels in the past with good experiences in both electric and Nitro. I race along the east coast, sometime travel, and talk a good game! Anyone with questions, I can try to help. I have my newest batch of tires coming tommorrow, just in time for carpet. TM has a bright future.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Can anyone tell me what the "color" coded compounds translate to in durometer terms or firmness/wear.

For example: What the difference between Plaid and Plaid-2 vs Red
Old 09-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default call me

Leadfoot call me at home I will PM you my #.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default West Coast TM Oval Driver

I dont run any sedan, but in oval, the tires are hard to beat, if you can at all. If anyone is thinking of switching over, and have questions, let me know, I have run everything under then sun, and now have settled on running for TM, I just cant find anything better. But like I said any questions just let me know, I can help ya out.

LedFoot: I dont run sedan, so I cant say what the plaid, and other "sedan" compounds duro. out at, but the basic colors are:
Red:55+
Purple:44-50
Magenta=Double Pink:36-38
Pink:32-35
Black:33-36
Grey:28-32
White:28-27

Tonys numbers are on his site, but the numbers that I posted are from the tires that I have run, the durometer number changes from the type of tire compound used, and how old the tires are, the older the tire the harder it becomes.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Nexus.....Rick at RSJ was talking about maybe stocking the tires. Maybe you can talk to Kraig and see if he will cary them on his web site as well. Scotty up at Trackside said he would try some out this winter as well. So they should be around locally this winter.

Plaid.....is a Purple tire with a strip of Orange on the outside edge....used mainly on the front of sedans
Plaid2....is a Magenta with a strip of Orange on the outside edge.....used mainly on the front of sedans
Cyna.....is a Magenta with a strip of Purple on the outside edge....used mainly on the front of sedans

The Duro readings that JPHRacer posted will give you an idea on what the colors convert to.

Good to see an oval driver out to help out as well....I think there is a few of you guys that pop up here every once and a while thats great to see everyone stopping by and lending a hand.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Kevin, bring an extra set with you this weekend. I will have to check them out.

Kraig
KT Hobbies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.