R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #256
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Just think, next year we could try to drag Spashett from over the pond, get Blackstock and myself all running Masters.
This could be AWESOME!

Throw in Dumas, T.J., McMoney, and the rest of the guys around that age. Can someone (Bruce?) get Pritch to make a weekend comeback? Also, don't forget about the guys that aren't running it that could be - Dosie, Walt, Pulfer, Ian, Chicky and I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting.

I hope to make it up there this weekend, but still not sure. I have a ton of work to get done over the weekend and while I planned on lying to myself and saying I'd do it there, I know better. We'll see...
Old 11-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #257
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkraios View Post
This could be AWESOME!

Throw in Dumas, T.J., McMoney, and the rest of the guys around that age. Can someone (Bruce?) get Pritch to make a weekend comeback? Also, don't forget about the guys that aren't running it that could be - Dosie, Walt, Pulfer, Ian, Chicky and I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting.

I hope to make it up there this weekend, but still not sure. I have a ton of work to get done over the weekend and while I planned on lying to myself and saying I'd do it there, I know better. We'll see...
Hope you can make it....
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #258
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
As of today we have decent representation in all classes but F1. Everyone wants to see an entry list before they sign up. The problem with that is that there is no list until people sign up. Next year we're probably just gonna go back to the core classes, because racers in classes like F1 won't enter unless they see a bunch of other entrants, which means nobody signs up early, and therefore the list never gets going. Sad situation, but that's how it goes.
the funny thing is that it should not even matter. we all do this because we love to race. it doesn't matter if there are 10 cars or 100, a class like f1 is raced because people enjoy driving that car, who cares who else is running it. people that complain about wanting to see an entry list are just wanting to see if they have a chance before they sign up. grow a pair and go racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
Bring it bitch. We keep hearing about these new young guys.... ppppfffff....
DAMN!!!!!!!! you been served cyrul. do you really expect us to believe you are only 34? come on, masters is for old guys!!!!!! wait....i am old enough for masters look how much more cyrul has done than me and he's younger and now he's thinner too

Quote:
Ian, you hit the nail on the head!! "Old"......

Awesome, I managed to get Frank and Skip's attention!! Just need someone to smack the dirt off Eli (I think he's racing off-road the last I heard)!! I guess Dumper or Ficco would have to stand in...lol... Just think, next year we could try to drag Spashett from over the pond, get Blackstock and myself all running Masters. Wow, how the times have changed!!
whoa, whoa, whoa, why you gotta bring me into this, im not even going......
but i will sign up now for next year if the race is moved back one weekend.:s neaky:

you boys have fun, i will be watching if your on liverc, wish i could go..... want to go..... just a tough time for me to leave. good luck, god speed, and take care of my dumper while he's out there
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #259
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
However Masters.... I hate to break it to ya but you have to wait another 365 for that one!! I'm 34. Hear that Frank, Skip, Eli?? 1 more year and it's on!!!
Holy crap....I can now run in the Masters Class......bad, real bad.
alb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #260
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
people that complain about wanting to see an entry list are just wanting to see if they have a chance before they sign up. grow a pair and go racing.

BINGO......we have a winner..

I've ran the class the last two years. Last year it was my car and Miller's during all the quals....he let guest drivers run it for two of them....and Joe Ruggles....what happened to all of them last year? I went and bought a 104 for this year to run...going to leave it at home since there were no pre-entries to have the class.
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #261
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
Bring it bitch. We keep hearing about these new young guys.... ppppfffff....
Man with hole in pocket feel cocky!
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #262
Tech Fanatic

Hey all: This race has allot of history to it ,but I think these days they need to move it a week or two before or after Thanksgiving to get the entry list up. I also think with so many other big races most people can only afford to attend a few of them. Just my thoughts thanks and happy turkey day to all.
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #263
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr117 View Post
[/COLOR][/B]

BINGO......we have a winner..

I've ran the class the last two years. Last year it was my car and Miller's during all the quals....he let guest drivers run it for two of them....and Joe Ruggles....what happened to all of them last year? I went and bought a 104 for this year to run...going to leave it at home since there were no pre-entries to have the class.
I would have liked to race the F1 class but wanted a decent amount of entries, I can race against 20 people locally; I'm not interested in doing the same only to pay 5-6 times more for entry fee and still have to get a set of hand out tires.

I agree that if you like to run the class just race it but people just want to 'guarantee' that it will be fun and worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
Hey all: This race has allot of history to it ,but I think these days they need to move it a week or two before or after Thanksgiving to get the entry list up. I also think with so many other big races most people can only afford to attend a few of them. Just my thoughts thanks and happy turkey day to all.
For me personally I’m glad it is over the holiday weekend; eats up less vacation time that way.
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #264
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default fast fossils

If memory serves me correctly, the fastest laps that anybody did with a 17.5 1/12th scale car at last year's Indoor Champs were laid down by the guys at the sharp end of the masters division. And now, if even just half of the well known names who have been called out recently as masters eligible showed up and chose to run..........the whole masters A main could potentially be faster than the TQ of the 'young gun' 17.5 division. Wouldn't that be awesome?....even if yours truly no longer had a realistic shot at working his way into the masters main. For sure it would be something to see. And it would undeniably affirm the chosen name of the class......"Masters".
vafactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #265
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Will there be anyone selling motors at indoor champs particularly the d3.5 trinity motors.

"Let's See, Open it up" -Chris Goetz
98tahoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #266
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

Yes EA is sending some extras down there.
joerocket900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #267
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
Actually due to the fact it's on thanksgiving I am burning a huge 0 days vacation time. Which means I can attend the race. If it was the week before or after I personally would be out. The race of the "core classes" and making the racing Black Friday-Sunday I think is awesome. You can actually eat a meal with your family and still make the race.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #268
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For every person who benefits from the holiday schedule, there is another who does not. Personally, I am one of the former... And would love to attend next year, especially if the race follows the new 3-day format.

But I know of plenty of people who simply cannot take that time off to race. And this is not one of those things that you could talk your way into/out of... there are plenty of families for whom this is one of the few times each year that they see each other, etc.

Coupled with the large number of other races that provide an equally compelling product for the consumers, the schedule may have more to do with attendance than some would be inclined to think.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #269
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tahoeboy View Post
Will there be anyone selling motors at indoor champs particularly the d3.5 trinity motors.
Yes. Robert Dirla (Nash RC Racer, RC50.com) will have a few 17.5's and 13.5's with him I am sending. Also I am sending some of the 5000 70C VTA Packs and also some of the 6500 70C 2S packs. Just see him if you need anything or PM me here for any questions.

Thanks
EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #270
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Yes. Robert Dirla (Nash RC Racer, RC50.com) will have a few 17.5's and 13.5's with him I am sending. Also I am sending some of the 5000 70C VTA Packs and also some of the 6500 70C 2S packs. Just see him if you need anything or PM me here for any questions.

Thanks
EA

Thanks Erik, sorry i never got back w/ you. I'll catch up w/ Dirla.