R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-03-2005, 12:35 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Evicerator:

You won't be running 7 turn motors if the race is 8 mins. You will have to go to a more moderate wind and or more moderate gearing to make the run time. Also the advent of the new longer lasting brushes is going to help with the wear problem.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:42 PM   #77
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Nevermind... I guess we should all just run 10 turns forever and blow them up continuously....
Old 03-03-2005, 12:44 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by scoobydo
The HB car wasn't announced or revealed until after Snowbirds, Yokomo had no top drivers there and Losi was represented but that car has not been figured out yet. (Any wonder why we have no release date yet for the JRXS?)
Would you release a new car after a bad showing at a major event?
I'm just saying that with HPI and Tamiya not present, the competition was lessened.
Xray had their whole team there. If they didn't win it would have been a surprise.
Are you telling me that if Hara, Surikarn, Moore, Reinhard Etc.... were at snowbirds, that Xray would have still dominated like they did?
The FK05 is new...and if I'm not mistaken, this was one of..if not THE first race for Jilles on carpet with foams......

The car hooked up well and it worked. As far as the JRXS not being figured out? theyhave been resting it and runnign it for a year? Is that really an excuse?

Did Xray have more top-level drivers than Associated or Losi? Why didn't HPI, Tamiya or Yokomo send a group to the race? Were they afraid their cars wouldn't perform well on carpet?

we don't know the answers...but to say that the only reason that Xray did as well as they did at the event was because they had 'the whole team' there is ludicrous...

Not to take anything away from the drivers...but face it...the car works...
ChrisP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:47 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Evicerator
Nevermind... I guess we should all just run 10 turns forever and blow them up continuously....
and go back to paying $150 a pack for the best run time numbers.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #80
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Windsorguy99
The FK05 is new...and if I'm not mistaken, this was one of..if not THE first race for Jilles on carpet with foams......

The car hooked up well and it worked. As far as the JRXS not being figured out? theyhave been resting it and runnign it for a year? Is that really an excuse?

Did Xray have more top-level drivers than Associated or Losi? Why didn't HPI, Tamiya or Yokomo send a group to the race? Were they afraid their cars wouldn't perform well on carpet?

we don't know the answers...but to say that the only reason that Xray did as well as they did at the event was because they had 'the whole team' there is ludicrous...

Not to take anything away from the drivers...but face it...the car works...
you cant compare victories to other teams when the other teams werent there. not taking anything away from xray, ae/losi guys were there...

use examples where manufactures send thier teams, such as the worlds... and if your not happy with your teams results there, find another comparision...
rovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:59 PM   #81
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Smash
and go back to paying $150 a pack for the best run time numbers.
We're not running SCR's anymore... Even the worst 3300 (or 3600, 3700) has more punch and runtime than anything we used in the past.... Not a valid arguement anymore....
Old 03-03-2005, 01:00 PM   #82
Tech Elite

It is still a valid argument due to there being a 40 second difference in runtime from cells coming out of a single case.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:04 PM   #83
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Evicerator
how do you blow up a 10t? they are bulet prof...
Old 03-03-2005, 01:11 PM   #84
Tech Master

good point rovic......Im sure no one, fans or team drivers, were happy with the xray worlds results, they were a fraction to slow as a team to win....but they went to work and finished developing the fk05 instead of making excuses and showed up at the next big race as the car to beat again.....you have to ask hpi, yokomo, and tamia why they didnt send teams to one the biggest most watched races of the year........
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:12 PM   #85
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Rovic: Not when you try to make them run fast

I don't want to get into a pissing match here about anything.... I just know that there will be alot more problems associated with running for 8 minutes than most people think...

It's something that needs to be tried out for a while before it gets considered for implimentation.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:17 PM   #86
Tech Elite

You can argue that the Xray car is an evolution where the JRXS is a departure from what the drivers know.... As for AE's problem, I have no clue....

Batteries these days still have the capacity to propell a 10 turn for 8 minutes.... The only place you can use a 7 turn is on a long straight....
Old 03-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #87
Tech Master

I agree that 8 min races would make a new battery war, and the cost of "race" batteries would definatly be higher....the only thing that might help would be a spec gear ratio for the track your at....but then instead of run time, voltage would be the rare and more expensive batteries....so......how can that be regulated??? I dont think it can....so the team, or connected drivers will no doubt get the prefered batteries......
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Like it isn't that way in stock.... 1 minor crash takes the advantage of 1.18's over 1.15's away.....
Old 03-03-2005, 01:37 PM   #89
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Mdoc
good point rovic......Im sure no one, fans or team drivers, were happy with the xray worlds results, they were a fraction to slow as a team to win....but they went to work and finished developing the fk05 instead of making excuses and showed up at the next big race as the car to beat again.....you have to ask hpi, yokomo, and tamia why they didnt send teams to one the biggest most watched races of the year........
counties all around the world have big races, i bet there is a big race every month somewhere... no team can send drivers to all the races. snowbirds is a big race in north america, but how popular is it in japan/asia? my guess, not may even know about it... but kudos to fk05, xray proved they are one of the best teams outhere...

Evicerator: again i may have spoken out of turn, maybe when i go as you, ill finally get to destroy a motor....
Old 03-03-2005, 02:10 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know that I'm in the minority...but I didn'tlook at 6 cars in the top 20 as a major disappointment. In the mains the Xrays showed that they were as fast and as capable as anything.

I don't rely on one asphalt rubber tire race to tell me if a car is good or bad. My primary race type is foamon carpet....the worlds really didn't mean much to me...sure it's a great thing to use in advertising, but that's about it....

I'm not buying an FK05 becuase itwon the birds...and an Xray won the US Indoor Champs ...I'm buying an FK05 because I like the design and layout, and from previous experience I love the fit and finish and the quality of the components. I have no illusions about my driving prowess. I know that this car will NOT hold me back...but neither would any of the others....I just take pleasure in the fact that I'll be buying a quality product with top notch engineering and a solid support network behind it.

I know, this is the part where everyone screams 'Parts shortages!!!!'...an unfortunate byproduct of a change in distribution. The situation has stabilized, and unless your LHS is being stubborn and not wanting to support you (as some are now doing) then you should be able to pretty much get what you need...I know I've had no problems getting parts...

I calculated the cost of one of my TC4's that I've been driving in the interim until my FK05 arrives....and would you believe that it works out to approximately 50% more than the FK05 when priced from a prominent Canadian Mail order shop...it's like the old Fram oil filter commercial...."You can pay me now...or you can pay me later"..I'd rather spend more $$ up front on higher quality product then save a few $$ and spend a much larger amount than I saved bringing up to a level that still falls just short of overall quality....
ChrisP is online now   Reply With Quote