Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Default t-shock

does anyone stock the shocks in the United States
Old 01-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anybody tried the 'normal' long springs like Yokomo or HB Silver on the short (xray, serpent) shox?
Old 01-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Hello

Has any body Tryed the coned pistons?
Old 01-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes Matthijs,
I tried to mount the hpi silver springs, the will fit but i don't think they will work.
I just mounted them on the t-shock short. They will fit, but only when you move the spring-collar all the way up. Also when you move the shock-collar all the way up there is allready a little tension on the spring. When you mount them on you car i think there are some problems to get a low ride height, they are just to long. Hpi springs are 25mm. T-shock short springs are 22mm and the short xray springs are 20mm.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Did you use the xray or the tshox springs cups? I think you can get an extra mm. when using the tshox springcups.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Maintenance etc

Hi,

Before I go and replace a set of perfectly good shocks with these I was wondering what the maintenance is like. Do they leak much? Changing oil a painless exercise?

I like the concept and obviously there are some very positive comments in this thread. I guess I'm wanting to find out if they are going to be as consistent and maintenance free as my current shocks. I don't find any joy rebuilding/re filling my shocks after every run

Thanks ,

Simon
Old 01-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

Hello

Used t-shocks for first time yesterday, liked them a lot, if there built right and you take your time they won't leak.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Stevenkoiter
Did you use the xray or the tshox springs cups? I think you can get an extra mm. when using the tshox springcups.
I used all the t-shox parts, so schock-collar and schock retainer.
I build them with rebound-spring, maybe without it gives less spring tension and the hpi springs will work...
I will mount and test them again.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Finally the storm had passed around here and i could test for the first time the T-Shox short version outdoors. First impression is that they make the car much more stable and predictable, but this is just the beggining of my comparison. Next will be the time and 1on1 to standard Xray T4 shocks. This week i will try to practice on a daily basis so that on the weekend i could do a total revision and check for the orings (as some are complaining i have to make sure of that, and if necessary will find a solution).
Will be back soon.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are the short T-Shox with same oil capacity as the regular ones? I guess they're with smaller capacity and that has to affect somehow.

The short T4 shocks have the same volume as the regular Xray shocks...
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spencehotbodies
Hello

Used t-shocks for first time yesterday, liked them a lot, if there built right and you take your time they won't leak.
Shame you were soooooo ssshhhhlllloooowwwww tho lol
Old 01-29-2013, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

I wonder, in T-shox box, it should be 8 10042 conical shims?
because I got only 4....
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am not impressed so far.

1) The amount of stiction in these things is ridiculous. The various plastic parts bind up on the shaft on their own, nevermind with everything assembled. I had to run my x-acto around the edges where they touch the shaft to free it up. Even so, these shocks seem to put a LOT of pressure on the o-ring, making them squeeze it pretty hard. Times two o-rings means that with no fluid at all, these things feel like my Schumacher shocks with 50wt.

2) The top cap assembly is retarded. First, the threads don't want to engage when you try to screw the cap on. I followed Jorge's video, and I had to press the cap down really, really hard to get the threads to touch, then try and back thread it to make sure it's straight, and then screw it on. It was really, really hard to get the threads to catch without cross-threading, and then I'm not sure the shaft guide even sits flat once it's on. There's barely any thread engagement, and the o-ring in the cap gets sliced up on the shock body.

-Mike
Old 01-29-2013, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

what I wonder is even if I screw 10004 at the same strength, the 4 shocks, without oil have totally different hardness, maybe because they are new...

I need so screw one 10004 very gentle or I have like 1000 cst in my shock and the 3 other I can screw normally.

Last edited by Nico'; 01-29-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I am not impressed so far.

1) The amount of stiction in these things is ridiculous. The various plastic parts bind up on the shaft on their own, nevermind with everything assembled. I had to run my x-acto around the edges where they touch the shaft to free it up. Even so, these shocks seem to put a LOT of pressure on the o-ring, making them squeeze it pretty hard. Times two o-rings means that with no fluid at all, these things feel like my Schumacher shocks with 50wt.

2) The top cap assembly is retarded. First, the threads don't want to engage when you try to screw the cap on. I followed Jorge's video, and I had to press the cap down really, really hard to get the threads to touch, then try and back thread it to make sure it's straight, and then screw it on. It was really, really hard to get the threads to catch without cross-threading, and then I'm not sure the shaft guide even sits flat once it's on. There's barely any thread engagement, and the o-ring in the cap gets sliced up on the shock body.

-Mike
And, one of the lower caps stripped. I'm beginning to wonder if these are even genuine. I got them at a shop in Hong Kong (I'm here on vacation). Maybe they're having QC issues with ramping up chinese manufacturing or something. Who knows. As it stands, though, these things aren't even going to see the track, and I definitely wouldn't recommend them to anyone else. The only thing I might use is the spring perches, since they fit the shumacher lower cups pretty well.

-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.