Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

AME T SHOX

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Shorty shocks for the T4 look like they're almost ready. Their Facebook page seems to be the best source of info.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Not much info in the review that can help with assembly.

Also identifying the springs on the number of coils is very difficult in my opnion. Just package them seperately and mention on the bag what is what so you don't have to spend 15 minutes looking and feeling.

Is 1.2mm the standard hole in the pistons ? I didn't measure them since i just got them. I filled them with 350 Losi oil and first test will be next week thursday. Looking forward to it because it is a nice concept.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Spillertwo

Also identifying the springs on the number of coils is very difficult in my opnion. Just package them seperately and mention on the bag what is what so you don't have to spend 15 minutes looking and feeling.

Is 1.2mm the standard hole in the pistons ? I didn't measure them since i just got them. I filled them with 350 Losi oil and first test will be next week thursday. Looking forward to it because it is a nice concept.
Hi The pistons in the kit are 1.1

Malc
Old 12-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Malc :-)
Old 12-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry Spillertwo I didn't link that review thinking it would help you build them I just thought it would be good to have it linked here for those interested in TSHOX.

Don't worry about building them, they go together very nicely and once you have all the parts laid out and the instructions to hand I'm sure you will see how they fit together.

Couple of tips when building are that you can use a 3mm arm reamer on the plastic guides to reduce break in time and when fitting the large plastic guide in the top cap I use a wheel nut driver to seat it as this way I can apply even pressure around that part. Neither are essential tips, just handy.

Hope you enjoy your seriously awesome shox =D
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Spillertwo

In the package there was a small piece of colored shrinkfoil.
yellow,red,green and so on...

Ik heb ze dinsdag zelf zien zitten :-)
tot donderdag!

greetings PQ
Old 12-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

No problem :-) All info is alway welcome.

The shox went together pretty smoothly but i just feel that it takes too much time to understand the manual which is limited to five pictures and some explanation. So a detailed instruction video would have been nice.

I had one incident in that i broke one of the white delrin guides for the top mounting. It was not perfectly round and i pushed to hard on it and it broke. Have to order them again and will use a temporary solution until i get them.

Looking forward to testing them. First test will be with the yokomo springs that i have today on the car so i can get a feel for the shox themselves. Next test will be with the carpet soft and medium springs from T-Shox.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ordered!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

i have use this shocks a time now, and it works perfect,
on my home track i was 6 sec fast on 5 min.

350 MM oil
Short hard reboud spring.
1,0*3
Yokomo spring
Old 01-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Okay, the design of these shocks is pretty brilliant. No bladder or air to worry about and springs to precisely control rebound from a shock that builds perfectly dead each time because it's not pressurized. We'll see how they are on the track in a couple of days.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

hello

any body no when the shocks will be back in stock?

Cheers
Old 01-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Am I right in my understanding that the short version of the Tshox are a direct fit for an Xray T4?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wtcc
Am I right in my understanding that the short version of the Tshox are a direct fit for an Xray T4?
Right.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jorgesimes
Right.
Nice!
How long are the T4 shocks overall?
Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yer video would have been nice! But never came....
Take note the shocks come with Yokomo O-rings not the innovative new type described on the website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.