Like Tree5Likes

AME T SHOX

Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Well u lot must have different t shox to me! ALL the o rings are too big I spent $100 on shocks to have to spend more money on trf o rings for the things!
I have a spring retainer missing! What a crock of sh.t.

I messaged Andreas no response yet I'm sure he has been online inlite of the quality issues and receiving feedback.

If possible I would like a refund please, I am not a happy chappie if the lords above would contact me to organise this. I will not pay the postage unless I can have this refunded too. A quality inspection is required really.

I believed at first it was me, I build the shocks bit by bit with parts missing to attempt to remove or find the cause of the stiction, it was easy in the end and I knew what was wrong from the beginning the o rings are too big.
J
Old 02-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jampot
Well u lot must have different t shox to me! ALL the o rings are too big I spent $100 on shocks to have to spend more money on trf o rings for the things!
I have a spring retainer missing! What a crock of sh.t.

I messaged Andreas no response yet I'm sure he has been online inlite of the quality issues and receiving feedback.

If possible I would like a refund please, I am not a happy chappie if the lords above would contact me to organise this. I will not pay the postage unless I can have this refunded too. A quality inspection is required really.

I believed at first it was me, I build the shocks bit by bit with parts missing to attempt to remove or find the cause of the stiction, it was easy in the end and I knew what was wrong from the beginning the o rings are too big.
J
Hi,

the same problems for me, I thought I was unlucky so I ordered a second box for my 2nd T4,
I still have parts missing and out of order parts.
even going up the shocks exactly like the video from Andreas ( with a reamer) and making the bottom shims thinner ( 1,85mm), the shaft is free in the bottom but not when I tighten the cap ( why? O rings too thick, I don't know.)
and on top of all the threading of one body shaft is of fault, I just screw the cap without parts inside, without oil, in such case I don't know as the shock can work... see picture below...

So I have two box of T shox and I can only built 4. and of course with O-ring cap 300 MM is such as 600 MM.
which TRF o ring will you use please?

Last edited by Nico'; 02-06-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Looks like I will wait for v1.5 or v2.0 to come out and wait further to see if the problems are solved.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Andreas,

I have some questions for you please:

- how to solve different quality problems please for us customer? How to replace parts?
my shop agreed for the first time but for the 2 times they won't be very happy, I'm not sure they will agree.
and parts are very long to replace... and with more than 200 USD spent I would like to have shocks working nice please.

- the problem of hard shocks, according to me, can not be solved using a reamer, it's a little bit better but the real problem is even plastic shims are too thick, or O rings are too thick or reamings ( holes) in bottom shock and cap shock are not deep enough.
We can solve in the bottom of the body making plastic shim thinner, from 2 mm to 1,85mm using 800 sand paper but for the O ring cap to much compressed I don't know how to do.

Please Andreas tell us how to do to replace parts and to make the shocks work as they do.

thanks,

Nico'
Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

Hello

Does any body no the benfits of the front t-springs being shorter than the rears?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:39 AM
Tech Adept

has anybody tried the normal length ones on a yokomo bd7? would be intersted in the amount of shims you guys used on the arm to get the shocks standing straight (2-3-4mm?) thx
Old 02-07-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vitomon
has anybody tried the normal length ones on a yokomo bd7? would be intersted in the amount of shims you guys used on the arm to get the shocks standing straight (2-3-4mm?) thx
think 5mm
Old 02-07-2013, 04:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default not happy

Ive got the same problem,4shims missing and 1 spring retainer way to larger to fit the shock body.Worst of all no help and no reply.THANKS
Old 02-07-2013, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Cool

Originally Posted by Craig W
think 5mm
thx will try. need longer screws though
Old 02-07-2013, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

seems like a big problem with the short shox :-( friend of mine ordered 2 sets, only to find 7 conical shims were missing, binding shaft, etc... He got a reply from RC market (not from Andreas who seems to have a ton of emails with complaints and very little time for costumerservice...) that they will sent the parts with his next order as they are affraid the little parts will get lost in transit ??? wtf? you have to order something else to get the original parts that were missing?

I ordered a short set for some testing, haven't received them yet but this doesn't look good.

The long ones are just fine, have them on my car and really like how they are performing. Sad to see all the complaints.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Tamiya 42137 TRF Competition Shock O-rings Blue (8)
[42137] £7.00

These are the absolute don of o'rings I advise everyone to use them.

I am sorry if I caused issues with the quality of shocks but $100 for a load of cr@p
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

"Boy, that escalated quickly!"

If I see this I was really lucky with only having bad plastic quality on my short Tshox.

@Andreas: you should do something very fast, otherwise your business with Tshox will die fast!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

HI Guys,

Back online after some internet issues.

We seem to have some issues which I will try to address.

1. The problems are not as big as they seem. I have sold over 500 shocks and only some of them end up here or in my email inbox. Nevertheless I try to have as many satisfied customers as possible even If its impossible to please everyone. Not even Apple have 100% satisfied customers and they are the best going around company in the world at the moment.

- O-ring
- The O-ring and the O-ring pressure are correct.
Due to the design of the shock a higher O-ring pressure is needed to keep it sealed. If you take down the shim size or change to a thinner O-ring it will feel smoother in the hand but will leak easier then how it is designed to be.
If you feel that you need to change please do so, but the design is correct and I will obviously not refund this in any way.
The difference between my shox and regular are that the shock will not and should not feel as smooth as a std shock when you have it in your hand and put a perfect straight force onto the shock shaft.
My shock is designed to be as smooth and perfect during working action in the car, WITH lateral forces, which are much higher then people can imagine.
So a T-Shock which feels harder in your hands will be softer when it is in the car. And you will notice this when trying/using the T-Shox that a harder shock in your hand, will feel/roll very similar when mounted and used in your Touring car.
In the Schumacher car of Martin Hofer, with 450 oil, and std O-rings, std everything, he TQ:ed the last qualifying round of the ETS race in stock. If the shock would be to hard, he would not be able to do this result.
Just compare to any kind of Shock absorber in any kind of "real" racing. Mountain Bike, Moto Cross, Rally, cars, bikes or what ever. The guidance of the shock shaft and piston is extremely important, due to lateral forces which causes binding, which is something you really do not want to have in a shock absorber.

3. Missing parts
- In one batch of the new Short T-Shox, there seems to have been a mistake in packaging. This is of course extremely unfortunate.

I have already been in contact with my manufacturer about this issue and they have confirmed that mistakes has been made.
I have sent out information about this to my distributors and they should send out free of charge replacement of the parts which are missing.
HOWEVER, if they do not do this to you fast and direct, then please do the following

1. Send an email to [email protected]
2. Write what you bought and where you bought the product and when approx
3. Write which parts are missing
4. Write your address.

I will then send our replacements for you and also obviously use this information for my distributors as they should replace these items, but Hey, these are things new small companies needs to find out, improve to make sure that the customers are as happy and positive as possible.
However as I said, one can not have 100% satisfaction from all customers but I do try the very best I can.

Looking forward to any emails so that I can send out the parts missing so that you can enjoy your products as there where intended to be.

Best regards
Andreas
Old 02-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How many sets of rebound springs are you suppose to get with the short shocks?

I have 2 sets - 1 short and 1 long - I have no idea if they are hard/softs?

I thought the long version of the shocks came with 4 sets of springs?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg
For the T-Shox Short, I have only included 2 springs.
- Std Short Hard (from the longer version)
- Extra Short Hard (new spring)

To compare the New Extra Short spring will have the same setup effect in the Short Shock as compared to the Short Hard in the longer version shock.
They obviously need to be shorter rebound springs in the shorter shock to get the same rebound effect.

/Andreas
Originally Posted by ByteStream
How many sets of rebound springs are you suppose to get with the short shocks?

I have 2 sets - 1 short and 1 long - I have no idea if they are hard/softs?

I thought the long version of the shocks came with 4 sets of springs?
There you go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.