3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift >

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Old 01-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
Thought I'd give you guys an update about my KPI mod I'ts finally complete I got my MST short arm alloy uprights today and installed here is a couple of pics.
]
awesome angle!!!
And which CVDs are you using? Are you still using bearing into bearing or spacer?
I'm going to have to place an order again! Lol!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Also, pickled, would you mind posting an overhead pic of how you have your steering servo mounted?
Old 01-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kwadruppel
noob-questions here...
* M3x6 Set Screws for on the lower arms at the c-hubs...
* and what about the M8x2 Shock Tower Shims (p8,9)...
Ok the set screw screws in till it's flush with the C-hub. The shock tower shim is pink anodised aluminium it has a bevel on the front side it's used to make sure you don't pull the bearing through the bulk heads and the rear pulley mount.
Pulling the bearing through? Hmm, hadn't thought of that. After fully screwing in the set screws they do seem to lock the c-hub pins.
Thanks pickled.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
awesome angle!!!
And which CVDs are you using? Are you still using bearing into bearing or spacer?
I'm going to have to place an order again! Lol!
I'm running Square 48mm R31 CVD's but I had to adjust the upper and lower arms to allow for the extra width 46mm shafts would probably be better for a narrow shell. I'm not using bearing in bearing now the CVD sits in the 10x15x4 bearing I used a tamiya oil bearing from a tt-01 the type that isn't actually a ball bearing, as a spacer inside the knuckle so it doesn't keep pushing the front bearing out of the knuckle.

Also, pickled, would you mind posting an overhead pic of how you have your steering servo mounted?

Originally Posted by kwadruppel
Pulling the bearing through? Hmm, hadn't thought of that. After fully screwing in the set screws they do seem to lock the c-hub pins.
Thanks pickled.
No Probs

I just adjusted my toe out to about 2* from like 5* lol here is a pic now with less ackerman

I'm running Spice TE37's with 10mm offset on the front and 12mm offset on the rear but as my front track is about 2mm wider it equals out

Last edited by pickled; 01-14-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone on here found a balldiff or geardiff for the D3 yet?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tizer
Has anyone on here found a balldiff or geardiff for the D3 yet?
why would you want that since this is a purpose built drift machine?
solid axle rear and front one way would be best.

but, i'm sure you can use what's available out there (from other cars) if the spacing is correct
Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Picked, is it just the pic angle or are u actually getting greater steering angle with those CVDs than the Tamiya DC?

I think I will place an order for the CVDs first since I have to order from different places. I'll order the alloy hubs later.
unless you know of a place that carries them both?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why would you want that since this is a purpose built drift machine?
solid axle rear and front one way would be best.

but, i'm sure you can use what's available out there (from other cars) if the spacing is correct
Because I want to use it as a front wheel drive racer, not a drifter. I think the geardiff of a Sakura S might fit, seeing that the width of the diff is the same. Maybe only the location of the pulley is different, but as I'm only using one center pulley I can move it to be in line with the diff? Maybe someone has tried a geardiff or balldiff in the D3 before? I know there are a lot of guys out there who don't like a oneway.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Picked, is it just the pic angle or are u actually getting greater steering angle with those CVDs than the Tamiya DC?

I think I will place an order for the CVDs first since I have to order from different places. I'll order the alloy hubs later.
unless you know of a place that carries them both?
Yep I'm getting more angle which is why I ordered these square 48mm R31 CVD's but thinking of modifying them with MST wheel ends cause the R31 ends push the front bearings out of the knuckles was thinking the MST ones might be a bit shorter to take up the slack

Originally Posted by Tizer
Because I want to use it as a front wheel drive racer, not a drifter. I think the geardiff of a Sakura S might fit, seeing that the width of the diff is the same. Maybe only the location of the pulley is different, but as I'm only using one center pulley I can move it to be in line with the diff? Maybe someone has tried a geardiff or balldiff in the D3 before? I know there are a lot of guys out there who don't like a oneway.
I'm not 100% sure but I think your right I think the Zero S should fit you will probably just have to move the pulley across. they're only 20 bucks I'd just get 1 and see
Old 01-15-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So I just ordered one of these bad boys along with a Tamiya FT86 body.

Payed for express shipping so hopefully have it by the end of next week.

New to Drifting, hell new to Onroad in general!

I also threw in some spare belts and a Sakura Zero pulley that I hope to jerryrig in somehow to keep the middle belt tight.

Im sure I will have a billion questions when I actually get it.

Bought it to run on the underground garage in my apartment complex, its all sealed concrete and will hopefully satisfy my midweek RC cravings when I cant get to the offroad track (which is over an hour away).
Old 01-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Rookie

finally got to drive this other then in my front room, this is hard to drive, i keep spinning around, it will spin on its front wheel easy as can be. i think i need some help with setup.

toe in toe out caster camber i have no idea what i am doing lol.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jimmyzrx
finally got to drive this other then in my front room, this is hard to drive, i keep spinning around, it will spin on its front wheel easy as can be. i think i need some help with setup.

toe in toe out caster camber i have no idea what i am doing lol.
lol yeah they are hard to get used to. try toe out 1-2* -5* camber and a ride height of 5mm then it's just a case of practice, practice, practice
Old 01-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

lol yeah they are hard to get used to. try toe out 1-2* -5* camber and a ride height of 5mm then it's just a case of practice, practice, practice
thanks for the reply

50/50 was a piece of cake to this beast lol

good news for my skyline

received my TT01 kit today and it fits
Attached Thumbnails 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-photo-4-.jpg  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is that Front/Rear Toe out and -5 Camber all round?
Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jimmyzrx
thanks for the reply

50/50 was a piece of cake to this beast lol

good news for my skyline

received my TT01 kit today and it fits
are the rear suspension arms turned around to the 257mm wheel base setting. the wheels look like it doesn't quite line up with the guards. I just measured my TT-01 and the reason is the wheel base is only 256mm

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Is that Front/Rear Toe out and -5 Camber all round?
Toe out/in is only adjustable on the front the rear is fixed by the rear suspension mount -5* camber on the front to start with the rear is up to you and 5mm ride height all round

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.