Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SidewaysCallum
Ok i have ordered one of those servos.

Watching the ssks till next pay. And are you saying I can use the sak-59?

Belt tension wise I have got really mixed reviews. Some people say its wrong some say its fine. My brother in laws mate has a d3 and its belts are fine. He hasnt touched it. So... is it a case of wait till it shows up and see if I need to do anything?
yeah the 59 fits but leave the spacer out!
When I first built mine it seemed fine but it stripped teeth. I'd get the washers anyway they come in handy even if you don't need them for that application when you decide to upgrade the suspension to alloy mounts you can use them as the spacers. if you do go alloy suspension mounts don't forget to buy suspension pivot balls

When you come to putting the kit together use some light oil on the screw threads and slowly screw them in if you screw them in to fast it heats up the plastic and can thread the hole

Last edited by pickled; 01-10-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by pickled
the one with over fenders? those ABC bodies are so expensive I can't justify buying one when it will just get knocked around and destroyed with use!
this is the one, im going to try and keep it nice and not bang into anything lol
Attached Thumbnails 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-digitamin_rc4700.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jimmyzrx
this is the one, im going to try and keep it nice and not bang into anything lol
yeah that's the one I thought you meant with over fenders they are like $80 too much money

@SidewaysCallum
So where in Oz are you located?
Old 01-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok sweet ill keep that in mind.

And up on the gold coast. Got my first taste of track drifting on wednesday night. So hooked now. Luckily I have access to a 80 x80m shed eith oolished convrete floors may just make a track myself.

Still not sure if I will sell the tt01.

2000gtr is sooo nice. Go red with black over fenders and angry eyes.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SidewaysCallum
Ok sweet ill keep that in mind.

And up on the gold coast. Got my first taste of track drifting on wednesday night. So hooked now. Luckily I have access to a 80 x80m shed eith oolished convrete floors may just make a track myself.

Still not sure if I will sell the tt01.

2000gtr is sooo nice. Go red with black over fenders and angry eyes.
I have CSed my TT-01 ratio is 2.0 using Active Hobby CS gears also got a tamiya FOW for it and modded the steering angle it's more like 45* now

Lucky bastard I have to drift at the local shopping centre's carpark lol for practise.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Rookie

I have CSed my TT-01 ratio is 2.0 using Active Hobby CS gears also got a tamiya FOW for it and modded the steering angle it's more like 45* now

Lucky bastard I have to drift at the local shopping centre's carpark lol for practise.
Haha yeah thats where I get most of my practice.

Yeah I modded my steering and did a camber mod on the tt01 with a fair few other things... I figured it was cheaper to get a d3 cs then cs the tt01. Lol. Recently my 55 degree cvs showed up for it... the wide angle cvs snapped... and dog bones are terrible. Lol. Have actually considered making it rwd and keeping it as a bash around car.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Guys any guide on how to adjust ride height? My chasis seems to be too low keep scratching the floor. Help~~
Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimmyzrx
If you haven't been CS drifting, I can guarantee you are going to bang that body.
It is a nice body though...that's why I just bought a cheap ebay S15 Nissan for practicing
Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thats why I purchased these Square CVD they have a 60* angle

Hi and welcome.
Uhmm what you need? Ok a decent sensored motor 8.5T-13.5T also the pinion gear doesn't come with the chassis an 18T or 19T 48P will work and a moderately priced decent servo blue bird a quite good from what I've heard.
The standard CVD's aren't built correctly from factory and don't provide much angle so rebuild 2 for the rear, grind a flat on the pins for the set screws to bite into grease the joint then assemble with thread lock on the set screw. Buy some SAK-X27 SSK's for the front. The front one way SAK-D324. Get some M3 washers ranging from 0.5mm to 1.5mm use them to raise the rear pulley mount and tension the centre belt 0.5mm on the rear screws and 1mm on the front (or 1.5mm depending on how slack your belt is). alternatively you can buy the alloy parts including the rear pulley mount and this will solve that issue and align the pulleys correctly. I'd suggest you get some harder springs for the front either blue or purple. Some of the components like the springs can only be purchased from 3racing.

@viktozzz
if your using the zero FOW did you take the spacer out from between the pulley an the oneway? orientation, the top of the pic is the front of the chassis

@jimmyzrx
what color is that? and the same body as mine and you should have waited lol
hi pickled

i tink i still have the spacer on.

are we not supposed to have the spacer on??
Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hansial
Guys any guide on how to adjust ride height? My chasis seems to be too low keep scratching the floor. Help~~
there is a little button screw on the control arm, if you loosen it the ride height will go up a bit
Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hansial
I would get stiffer springs..Will make it handle better as well. It's just that the front has too much weight. And then screw down on the adjustable collars to adjust your ride height.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by viktozzz
hi pickled

i tink i still have the spacer on.

are we not supposed to have the spacer on??
Don't use the spacers because you will be off from centering the belt...if you have the D3 FOW, then it's all set up correctly spaced.

I am using the Zero FOW without the spacer since it was cheaper than the D3 FOW

Last edited by eunique; 01-10-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

New D3 hopups and D3 kits have arrived today.

FYI, Thanks.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by eunique
If you haven't been CS drifting, I can guarantee you are going to bang that body.
It is a nice body though...that's why I just bought a cheap ebay S15 Nissan for practicing
i have not even started to work on the 2000gtr i am going to learn with the r34 body then maybe next year i can put the new body on
Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by eunique
I would get stiffer springs..Will make it handle better as well. It's just that the front has too much weight. And then screw down on the adjustable collars to adjust your ride height.
Sorry kind of new in this.. which collars are you referring at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.