Old 12-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Tech Rookie

this is my D3

[img]h**p://cdn-u.kaskus.co.id/88/7uqm3viq.jpg[/img]
[img]h**p://cdn-u.kaskus.co.id/88/vk2l4uga.jpg[/img]
[img]h**p://cdn-u.kaskus.co.id/88/oiitztqj.jpg[/img]
[img]h**p://cdn-u.kaskus.co.id/88/i7rz6vlt.jpg[/img]

sorry my post is not enough to post a link, just replace ** with tt

Next target, suspension mount, steering & others part maybe after chrismas and new year i will order again
Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

I ended up being too impatient and stripped my kit D3 for the parts the optioned D3 was missing lol I think that it runs heaps smoother than the kit version all the belts are nice and tight no need for a tensioner in my case anyway going to set camber and height later!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
I ended up being too impatient and stripped my kit D3 for the parts the optioned D3 was missing lol I think that it runs heaps smoother than the kit version all the belts are nice and tight no need for a tensioner in my case anyway going to set camber and height later!
Lol...the thats funny...I thought I was the only one that was impatient...I am doing the same..soon as I get the parts...the building begins.....and changed mind about building a while separate kit...using what I have from the basic kit...I'm sure ill have doubled of some parts since I started ordering parts, but not enough for 2 cars.

Now I can't wait to get the SSG and see the difference from kit version
Old 12-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
Lol...the thats funny...I thought I was the only one that was impatient...I am doing the same..soon as I get the parts...the building begins.....and changed mind about building a while separate kit...using what I have from the basic kit...I'm sure ill have doubled of some parts since I started ordering parts, but not enough for 2 cars.

Now I can't wait to get the SSG and see the difference from kit version
lol yeah I'm gonna get all the options and then put the other chassis back together, maybe

Last edited by pickled; 12-14-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Initiate

hey guys,
i just built a D3 and when i first took it for a drive it was good, and as i was getting used to it (about 1hr drifting later), i noticed the steering would cause harsh vibrations, its happens at full crank, if i steer halfway or less its fine, just once its at full crank the vibrations are so violent it affects the chassis (unstable)

i'm geussing its the drive axles? has anyone else experienced steering vibrations? just wanted to see what else can be causing it or could possibly be wrong before i make an order on new 3racing axles

i do have a video of it uploaded on youtube. but since i'm new i can't post links
the video is called "3Racing Sakura D3 CS steering vibrations", user is epicbenn

thanks
Old 12-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kotar
hey guys,
i just built a D3 and when i first took it for a drive it was good, and as i was getting used to it (about 1hr drifting later), i noticed the steering would cause harsh vibrations, its happens at full crank, if i steer halfway or less its fine, just once its at full crank the vibrations are so violent it affects the chassis (unstable)

i'm geussing its the drive axles? has anyone else experienced steering vibrations? just wanted to see what else can be causing it or could possibly be wrong before i make an order on new 3racing axles

i do have a video of it uploaded on youtube. but since i'm new i can't post links
the video is called "3Racing Sakura D3 CS steering vibrations", user is epicbenn

thanks
Yes all D3 owners experience the chatter your refering to! It is the CVD's as you already guessed. Do you have the FOW (front one way) this is a must have, So you'll either need some 44mm wide angle CVD's or you can do what most of us did and buy either SAK-X27 SSK's or the Tamiya 44mm Double Cardins these completely reduce the chatter to zero!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Initiate

yes, i have the sakura d3 one way tube, haven't installed it yet,
but the main component is the sak-x27 drive axles, that will reduce the chatter? is it because that can handle the extra steering angle compared to the stock axles?

thanks for your help, i will order the sak-x27 right away
Old 12-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

yes, i have the sakura d3 one way tube, haven't installed it yet,
but the main component is the sak-x27 drive axles, that will reduce the chatter? is it because that can handle the extra steering angle compared to the stock axles?

thanks for your help, i will order the sak-x27 right away
Yeah that's exactly why they work. If you look at the stock CVD's and turn them around in your hand at their full lock you can feel and see the dog bone hits on the inside of the joint every time they hit the inside of the joint is when you get the chatter at the wheel, the only thing you can do to reduce it with out replacing them is to reduce your steering angle on your radio
Old 12-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by pickled
Yeah that's exactly why they work. If you look at the stock CVD's and turn them around in your hand at their full lock you can feel and see the dog bone hits on the inside of the joint every time they hit the inside of the joint is when you get the chatter at the wheel, the only thing you can do to reduce it with out replacing them is to reduce your steering angle on your radio
ya, i reduced the steering angle on the radio, it helped, but i thought to myself that defeats the whole purpose why i got the D3 in the first place, which is to get more steering angle, so i decided to find out how to fix it instead

you are awesome help pickled! and your graphite D3 is sick!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

ya, i reduced the steering angle on the radio, it helped, but i thought to myself that defeats the whole purpose why i got the D3 in the first place, which is to get more steering angle, so i decided to find out how to fix it instead

you are awesome help pickled! and your graphite D3 is sick!
Cheers Man, We are all like this here, if we can give advice and help we will. Did you take apart your CVD's before you assembled the kit? if you didn't you need to take them apart and grind a flat on the pin so the set screw has something to grip otherwise the CVD's will come apart while your drifting it. Do it to all four as you'll be keeping 2 for the rear

I kept my KPI mod on the new chassis this is what it looked like on the old chassis I'm just too lazy to take the body off it and snap a pic atm

Last edited by pickled; 12-13-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Initiate

i did take the cvd's apart trying to figure out the chatter problem, and i noticed the pin may fall out during drifting as well. so what i did was use heat shrink to prevent the pin from falling out, i was going to grind it but i was too lazy, lol, i figure the heat shrink was faster and i could tighten the little screw once in a while to prevent it from coming loose
Old 12-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

i did take the cvd's apart trying to figure out the chatter problem, and i noticed the pin may fall out during drifting as well. so what i did was use heat shrink to prevent the pin from falling out, i was going to grind it but i was too lazy, lol, i figure the heat shrink was faster and i could tighten the little screw once in a while to prevent it from coming loose
yep that'll work
Old 12-14-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

stupid image shack 1 of my pics has been resized to massive some how
Old 12-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

the real problem with cvd is that it has too much oil, i cleaned them and use witout problems, hey guys today arrive my rcmart order and the front bulkheads are for right side both... very bad luck, i emailed to rcmart and to 3racing that is the manufacturer... i have to use with one plastic front bulkhead ( the left).
Hey pickled can you give me the ebay link for mst knucles, thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chachotu
the real problem with cvd is that it has too much oil, i cleaned them and use witout problems, hey guys today arrive my rcmart order and the front bulkheads are for right side both... very bad luck, i emailed to rcmart and to 3racing that is the manufacturer... i have to use with one plastic front bulkhead ( the left).
Hey pickled can you give me the ebay link for mst knucles, thanks in advance.
wow...that is bad luck...i've never seen that. but, guess anything can happen.
hope they take care of you.
too bad...now you have to wait even longer.
i'm still waiting for my orders from Rcmart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.